Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental deposit ?

Options
  • 17-01-2012 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Currently renting an apartment on a 1yr lease but looking to move out 2 months short of the 1yr. We will be giving a months notice.

Do you know if I'm entitled to my deposit back or not because my lease is not yet up?

Thanks,
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Zweton your not entitled to your deposit back unless you have someone replacing you in the apartment.
    The landlord would be entitled should they not let the place during the final two months of your lease to seek the final two months payment from you (although I dont think anyone would go this far).

The best thing you can do is ring and speak to your landlord and see what you can do.

Your entitled under the residental tenancies act to transfer your lease and should your landlord refuse the lease is cancelled pending normal notice which after 6 months and still less than a year is 35 days*.

I might not be 100% right on the notice period check www.threshold.ie

Advertisement