Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Awards 2011 - Results!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

When was the actual vote held ? Don't remember seeing it at all, nor seeing an exact date beforehand saying when votes could be cast :(

Also, why was there no nomination section (for PC especially) for best FPS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nominations were done over 4 weeks in December/January. Voting was open for a week near the start of January.

Action/Adventure is a better umbrella category than FPS (and having both would have meant very similar sets of games being voted on for each)

Advertise the actual vote better in future, please :( Pissed I missed it, honestly never even saw it available at the time.

I disagree on lumping FPS's into Action/Adventure, especially so for PC.

BF3 is a FPS game, Brink is an FPS game, Left 4 Dead is an FPS game. While they all have action and some adventure in them, so does Skyrim, Settlers, Civs and Dirt 3 :/

An FPS is an FPS and deserves it's own category, actually in fairness, it deserves it's given category of FPS to never be taken away from it in the first place.

I mean all the above with the greatest respect btw, thanks for all the work you put in ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr. E made a thread in the main games section linking to the awards which he updated frequently with updates about the voting. can't see how he could have made it any more visible

Yeah I just missed it, probably because I view the site a lot via the iphone and it's fairly slow most of the time on it, that and it tends to mark threads as read when I've not read them :(
    Personally I'd feel a site wide announcement would've been in order.
    I say that because Boards has such a huge readership and I'd give more weight to a game of the year vote run on Boards than I would run from any magazine or elsewhere. The forums are user led and the votes the same and it's an Irish perspective, which to me is more important.

Ah well, no worries. I agree anyway more or less with the ultimate votes the way they came out, apart from the lack of an FPS category :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I'm terribly biased towards soundtracks, and I think it's an incredibly important element in gaming...... so can I request a 'Best Music' award for this year? :D (Maybe under the 'fun' category?)

I think that can be arranged.

Arranged..... geddit? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I do, and I love it! :D

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 monkeykm

Hello!! Game awards 2012 pls!

Start of December. :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.