Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spicers bakery

Options
  • 17-01-2012 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Whats going on ?? rumors a plenty

Anyone with some concrete info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Wondering myself, heard runours last Saturday, hope they're not right, been going around 140years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/22312#.TxRu4nRWh9w.twitter

Government should intervene immediately to save jobs at Spicers Bakery, Navan

January 16, 2012

Meath TD and Sinn Féin spokesperson for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation Peadar Tóibín today met with workers from Spicers Bakery and called on the Department to act to support of these jobs.

Deputy Tóibín said:

“I along with my colleagues Cllr Joe Reilly and Cllr Caoimhe Ní Shlúain have met with the staff of the business today and I hope to meet with management in the next 48 hours. Already 27 jobs have been lost in the last few days and the remaining jobs are hanging on by a shoe string.

“I am calling on the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation to intervene to help analyse cost reducing measures and ensure that this business is supported to safeguard jobs.

“Spicers bakery has been a mainstay of the Navan and Meath since it opened its first flour Mill in 1834 and first bakery in 1880. Today the bakery industry faces substantial pressure due to the crushing of domestic demand, lack of credit, increased unemployment and the evaporation of disposable income.

“Since its establishment Spicers has provided jobs and delivered a service to the people of Meath. It is a both a local producer and employer. It is a central part of the heritage of the town and county. It represents the type of industry that is bearing the brunt of the failed policies of this government. It is the type of indigenous industry that should be the priority for support.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Voltex wrote: »

Load of suits outside today maybe a buyout on the cards

• Advertisement
Advertisement