Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening present

Options
  • 17-01-2012 1:36am
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭

My newest niece is being christened shortly and I'm going to be her godfather. What's a decent present for this sort of thing these days? My mother has suggested jewellery of some description, but this strikes me as a very old-fashioned present and anyway what's a baby going to do with a bracelet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Zaph wrote: »
    My newest niece is being christened shortly and I'm going to be her godfather. What's a decent present for this sort of thing these days? My mother has suggested jewellery of some description, but this strikes me as a very old-fashioned present and anyway what's a baby going to do with a bracelet?

penny shares. they may be worth more when she's 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 0404ashford

At my nieces Christening, her Godmother gave her a beautiful handpainted personalised painting with lots of what looked like real butterflies(obviously not!) coming out from the canvass. It was very special. Its a girl locally here who does them. Think the company is Hickory Dickory Art - will probably come up if you google it
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Since you're her godfather, would you consider opening a credit union account or similar for her? I know a friend was given a post office (I think) account book when she turned 18 that was unexpected! Also could encourage her to start saving when she's little. (Not right away obviously.)

Advertisement