Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap rehearsal spaces in Dublin

• 17-01-2012 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you know where I can find a cheap rehearsal space in Dublin and what prices I can expect to pay?

I've been searching online and come across a few things (including a few old boards.ie threads) which suggested:

The Lab
    The Factory
    (Cathedral Studios Loft?)

But I can't find any prices on these (and most of the posts are a couple of years old) I'm gonna contact some of those mentioned but I'm just wondering if anyone here has used them or any other space in Dublin and can suggest a particularly cheap option?

Thanks guys
    DrF;-)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It might help if you define what you consider cheap? :)

Ive used both the Lab and the Factory before and I wouldnt consider them cheap for the events that were held. However if I was running an event where I was guaranted to make lots of cash, then I would consider the pricing cheap. (The venues themselves were great FWIW)

Depending on what you want, you might consider using a school hall. Also I have heard good reports about the space in the Carmalite Centre in D2.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

faceman wrote: »
    It might help if you define what you consider cheap? :)

Ive used both the Lab and the Factory before and I wouldnt consider them cheap for the events that were held. However if I was running an event where I was guaranted to make lots of cash, then I would consider the pricing cheap. (The venues themselves were great FWIW)

Depending on what you want, you might consider using a school hall. Also I have heard good reports about the space in the Carmalite Centre in D2.

Thanks for your reply Faceman. In terms of cheap - it's for rehearsal purposes - and there'd be no income to balance the outgoings so from what you've said I reckon it'd be a bit pricey. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

I'm looking for somewhere for 2-3 hours for around €30 - I don't want to use music rehearsal studios as I think it could be off putting for the actors if there's pounding of drums next door and last time I used a music studio (height of the C-Tiger times) it was around €70 for 5hrs.

Do you know of anywhere that would charge around that?

I'll certainly check out the Carmalite Centre thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I've found the Lab a little cheaper than some others. They also do a heavily discounted rate if you do *standby* on the day I've heard, but that wouldn't suit a lot of people if you need to plan an event. Might be worth it if it is an ongoing project though, and you are flexible enough. Mission hall (not sure if that's the proper name?) on Middle Abbey St may be worth a try too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 loudroom

DrFroggies wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you know where I can find a cheap rehearsal space in Dublin and what prices I can expect to pay?

I've been searching online and come across a few things (including a few old boards.ie threads) which suggested:

The Lab
    The Factory
    (Cathedral Studios Loft?)

But I can't find any prices on these (and most of the posts are a couple of years old) I'm gonna contact some of those mentioned but I'm just wondering if anyone here has used them or any other space in Dublin and can suggest a particularly cheap option?

Thanks guys
    DrF;-)
    Check out Loudroom Facilities mate. You can view pictures of previous rehearsals. Give us a shout or pop in for a look. Cheers, Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭toitle

Hello,
    You might check out The Lantern Centre on Synge St,it was very reasonable and a lovely space with loads of nice people around. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement