Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too early to cut grass/lawn?

Options
  • 17-01-2012 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,602 ✭✭✭✭

I only ask as I seen a guy out with his mower while I was driving the other day.

I know that our winter has been mild and I can already see my own gardens starting to grow a bit over the last couple of weeks.

Would hate to have to start cutting this early tbh, but don't want to have very long grass come March. Plus I'm guessing the soil will still be very wet for quite a while considering the rain we have had the last few months.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

If the forecasts are right, then any grass growth will soon stop.
    Cutting now, would do more harm than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

grass shouldnt be cut if garden is very wet, or frost is on the way. but if you see you grass is getting longer, wait at least untill middle of february, as you never know what weather will be next day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bartlguy

Also just a bit of friendly advice whenever you do decide to cut it start at the highest setting of you lawn mower and then reduce the height gradually over the following weeks.

Advertisement