Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen c5 2005, 2.0HDI rear suspension stuck after wheel change

Options
  • 17-01-2012 6:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I jacked up the rear of my citroen (c5, diesel, 2005 model, must be on hydractive III ) to change the wheels, upon completion, the rear suspension would not come down, I am not sure but when it was jacked up, I might have pressed the down button. Do you think this confused the computer system? or something is dislocated?
    The height switch button in the car is working and is able to raise and lower the front suspension
    There are no error messages on the control panel
    I took it to a local garage that claims they are the only citroen dealers in the country, but they could not touch it claiming they are used to other suspension but this one is electronic

i am on a mission to find a solution myself, I know I cannot get underneath the car for safety reason so will have to take it to a ramp
    What should I look for? I am assuming probably a mechanical arm is dislocated and therefore the height control valve on the rear is not receiving instructions, or it could be the spheres that need replacement (it was making some noise prior to that)

could someone post photos of what the underneath of a Citroen c5 2005, hydractive ||| looks like for comparison purposes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Did you put the car in jacking mode before you did this? If you didn't you may have damaged the suspension (although probably not, because then it would be down at that corner, rather than up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fredoj

Rulmeq wrote: »
    Did you put the car in jacking mode before you did this? If you didn't you may have damaged the suspension (although probably not, because then it would be down at that corner, rather than up)

I raised the car to the highest height using electric switch then used the jack to raise it up, but it never came down after that even though the front suspension is working ok and responding to electric switch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

You can safely ignore me, jacking mode is specific to VAG

Advertisement