Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a name of a readers digest book from early/mid 1990s.

Options
  • 17-01-2012 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭

Hi.

This may be a long shot.

I recall reading a book belonging to my father a good few years ago. It is now missing.
    I think it was a hard back with 4 books in 1. My favorite story was one about Pestilence (that may have been the name of the book - it had illustrations within it). There was another one with a picture of a yaught and I think it had the name 'Peggy'. Another story that a picture of a search dog. I don't recall the other story (there may have been just the 3).

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

This may be a long shot.

I recall reading a book belonging to my father a good few years ago. It is now missing.
    I think it was a hard back with 4 books in 1. My favorite story was one about Pestilence (that may have been the name of the book - it had illustrations within it). There was another one with a picture of a yaught and I think it had the name 'Peggy'. Another story that a picture of a search dog. I don't recall the other story (there may have been just the 3).
    I have a lot of those old Reader's Digest books. If you haven't found your answer by this evening I'll try and dig them out after work. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

No, this doesn't seem to be among my collection anyway. :(
    All of them do seem to have four books though, so it's unlikely the one you're thinking of has three.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Worztron

Posy wrote: »
    No, this doesn't seem to be among my collection anyway. :(
    All of them do seem to have four books though, so it's unlikely the one you're thinking of has three.

Thanks anyway for looking. Yeah, I reckon you are right about the number of stories/books within the 1 book.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bagel

Google is your friend! Think this is it but check out abebooks.co.uk too .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Readers-Digest-Condensed-Books-Pestilence/dp/B003U837HW

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Worztron

Bagel wrote: »
    Google is your friend! Think this is it but check out abebooks.co.uk too .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Readers-Digest-Condensed-Books-Pestilence/dp/B003U837HW

Excellent, thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement