Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starter Fuses for Fluorescent Lights

• 17-01-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

I've a few Fluorescent Lights in the office that are flickering like made. I believe this is normal the starter fuse (or whatever it is called), does anyone have any idea where in Cork City I could buy a couple of these?

Rgds
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

A good starting point.

AEW Members Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭chrislynch8

Thanks for the response, but most of those are outside the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Hi,

I've a few Fluorescent Lights in the office that are flickering like made. I believe this is normal the starter fuse (or whatever it is called), does anyone have any idea where in Cork City I could buy a couple of these?

Rgds
    Chris

The flicker may be caused by an old tube failing to start, I would usually replace both tube and starter at the same time.

Tubes and starters are available in nearly every electrical wholesalers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya sounds like tubes

as said best replace both together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Where in Cork city are you?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

tescos in drogheda sell starters so maybe try one of your local ones

• Registered Users Posts: 5 masheener

Hi,

Rgds
    Chris

Hi Chris,

You will get these starters in any Electrical wholesaler. Or most hardware stores. Just make sure to request starters that suit the wattage of your existing lamps.

Advertisement