Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company battles

Options
  • 17-01-2012 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

My thoughts on the company battles last night.

the first 2 were a bit of a disaster. the 3rd went much better and the groups started working together much better. the 4th went badly only because we probably went up the wrong side with our push and the map didnt really suit us with no arty.
    i know guys were getting pissed off with losing credits, but i think we should keep at these to iron out our various problems.
    at the very least , until we are winning 50% of them. we also did manage to cut down the chatter in the last 2 compared to the first 2.
    i still think we should go with no arty or maybe just 2 as there are 2 many maps where arty is ineffective.
    Also i dont think its a place to run the tactics that we would in CW as the rush seems to be the tactic used by most. it is more of a training ground for micro tactics, command structure, ts channels etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    My thoughts on the company battles last night.

the first 2 were a bit of a disaster. the 3rd went much better and the groups started working together much better. the 4th went badly only because we probably went up the wrong side with our push and the map didnt really suit us with no arty.
    i know guys were getting pissed off with losing credits, but i think we should keep at these to iron out our various problems.
    at the very least , until we are winning 50% of them. we also did manage to cut down the chatter in the last 2 compared to the first 2.
    i still think we should go with no arty or maybe just 2 as there are 2 many maps where arty is ineffective.
    Also i dont think its a place to run the tactics that we would in CW as the rush seems to be the tactic used by most. it is more of a training ground for micro tactics, command structure, ts channels etc

Ya know Frag - I was going to make a post in a very similar way at some point today.

You've hit pretty much every nail on the head there.

In addition to your post - I know some people get annoyed with losing a few battles and losing creds, but IMO if you can't afford to run high tier tanks in this game, you may as well not take part either.

Its all well and good people turning up for CW, but then the same people are unwilling to put the work in on the 'training ground' so to speak.

I personally thing company battles are 10x better practice for CW than trainng battles ever will be - because you have REAL enemies to deal with. Training battles are good from a high level tactical point of view - getting map tactics down and the general idea of how we want to play a map. But as you said, the micro-tactical level and ironing out things like concentrated fire, firing in turn, units / squad play etc are things that can really be only ironed out in REAL battles against enemies that might actually kill you.

There were an awful lot of things in the company battles last night that I saw go wrong (not gong through them now) but simple things like continuing to drive until you're in cover, or at least that only the tank you're attacking can hit you.

We should stick to the company battles for an evening, and grind it out until we get it right. It will make our CW battles 10x more effective.

Or of course, we can continue getting dumped out against mediocre teams in round 2...

We used to be a LOT better when it came to CW, and I think we've all gotten a little too cocky because we can field so many high tier tanks now - especially since Bruffio and the lads joined. But the thing is now, most other teams have a huge pool to choose from too!

Advertisement