Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus 20% Sale what a joke.

• 17-01-2012 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I checked flights for Alicante yesterday before the sale started, I got a price of €159 return for the dates I wanted in June, which was good. I had just received the email informing me of the 20% sale starting today so I decided to wait until this morning.

I log in this morning and check the same dates and low and behold it is €179 today in their sale.

Another thing that really annoyed me was when you put in your dates at the top of the page you get a red banner saying,
    NEW: ALL PRICES BELOW INCLUDE TAXES AND CHARGES
    You go another couple of pages and there is another €12 handling fee.

I phoned about this and asked how they can say what is in red and than charge another €12? She told me it was not a charge it was a fee so it is not included in there original price. I than asked her so dose that mean you are not going to charge me and she said they would. I than told her it is a charge if you are going to charge me so you are advertising false price’s. I said no, you told me you are going to charge me so it is a charge your words not mine.

I was asked to hold on while she got a supervisor and they never came back to the phone and I got cut off after about half an hour.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

not a rip off

flight prices are always a moving target.

they tell you the price, you decide to buy the ticket or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bigjohn66

ntlbell wrote: »
    not a rip off

flight prices are always a moving target.

they tell you the price, you decide to buy the ticket or not.

How can you say it is not a rip-off?

When you get a price and the price has gone up in a sale, that is a rip-off.

Also how can they advertise a price with all prices included and than charge you more, is that not a rip-off too?

Aer Lingus have been ripping people off for years. Why do you think Ryanair are the biggest airline in Europe. I can fly now, cheaper to the UK than I did in the 80s.

I would take above the average number of return flights a year, I book based on price and have only used Aer Lingus twice in the last two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 cbrlover

bigjohn66 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus have been ripping people off for years.

Never a more true statement made about them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

€179 minus discount is €149.17, which is less than the original €159 price which you say yourself you were happy with.

Add in the €12 and it's €161.16, only €2.17 more than the original €159, which again you were happy with, plus you still would have had to pay the 12 quid on the original price making it €171.

All in all, you're paying less than the price you were originally happy with.

Still a rip off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Personally, I think both Aer Lingus AND Ryanair are rip-off merchants. But - what can you do?

I usually fly Aer Lingus as they're the lesser of two evils...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Personally, I think both Aer Lingus AND Ryanair are rip-off merchants. But - what can you do?

I usually fly Aer Lingus as they're the lesser of two evils...

Compared to what ?

We got a flight for 47 euros return for 2 people from Weeze to Leeds Bradford, I dont think any other Airline could compete with that.

€179 minus discount is €149.17, which is less than the original €159 price which you say yourself you were happy with.

Add in the €12 and it's €161.16, only €2.17 more than the original €159, which again you were happy with, plus you still would have had to pay the 12 quid on the original price making it €171.

All in all, you're paying less than the price you were originally happy with.

Still a rip off?

Sorry where the hell are you getting your information from. Do you think I don’t know how to use the Aer Lingus website?:confused::confused::confused:

Unless you know what you are talking about and not just making things up to suit youself I suggest stay out of things. :mad::mad::mad:

Fare Summary

Prices are shown in EUR
    From Dublin to Alicante
    Fare
    Special/Promotional Discount
    Taxes and Charges
    Flight Total
    From Alicante to Dublin
    Fare
    Taxes and Charges
    Flight Total

Total Price: EUR 179.58

And you still have to pay the €12 on both but that is not right either. Their site makes a point of saying total price. Crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

that's what happens when you don't book a flight when you see it first, even if it's only a day. they could've sold a few more seats on that flight so then the price would go up, as is the case with every other airline.
    so you got 20% off the price after it had risen with the supply and demand. if you can show that no one else booked that flight between you looking it up yesterday and today, then it would be a rip off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

but for a sale the item must have been available to purchase the non discounted price for at least 30 days before the sale.

So if Aer Lingus can't show this then its not a sale and is a rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

amen wrote: »
    but for a sale the item must have been available to purchase the non discounted price for at least 30 days before the sale.

So if Aer Lingus can't show this then its not a sale and is a rip off.

there are exclusions to this and also it is also a recommendation and not law.

As for the OP - airline prices change frequently, even before your eyes. Its all about the load factor. x amount of seat a x price, once they are sold out, price moves to y then once they are sold out, price moves again.

Yesterday the price of ticket to birmingham moved from 29.99 including taxes to 73.99 because I waited too long. Thats my tough luck, I shoudl have hit the buy button immediately insetad of fiddling around with different dates.

As for the card charge = if you pay by one of the means listed, its not included. That's how they get around it. Unfair - yes, but most of the airlines do it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sorry where the hell are you getting your information from. Do you think I don’t know how to use the Aer Lingus website?:confused::confused::confused:

Unless you know what you are talking about and not just making things up to suit youself I suggest stay out of things. :mad::mad::mad:

Fare Summary

Prices are shown in EUR
    From Dublin to Alicante
    Fare
    Taxes and Charges
    Flight Total
    From Alicante to Dublin
    Fare
    Taxes and Charges
    Flight Total

And you still have to pay the €12 on both but that is not right either. Their site makes a point of saying total price. Crap.

WTF? I was using the information YOU gave in YOUR original post. I assumed the figures you gave in your OP was before the discount was applied, obviously that's not the case but there's no need to be such a fúcking smart arse about it.

At the end of the day it's your own fault for getting greedy, you were given a price you were happy with but no, this was not good enough for you, you wanted more off. But apparently you don't know what every man and his dog knows, and that's that flights differ in prices on a daily basis.

Tough shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I actually checked the flights to alicante in june too a few days before the sale and they were coming in at for 2 people with 1 luggage bag at €350

The sale starts and i check the same flights and would you believe it they are now working out at €410 .

And dont anyone start saying supply/demand i have booked these same flights every year and the prices are low around christmas rise in jan/feb and usually fall at the end of march or april.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

first world problems ffs.

im terribly sorry that your holiday to alicante will cost you an extra tenner. its hardly a rip off, or any different to how the pricing is normally done.

that's what happens when you don't book a flight when you see it first, even if it's only a day. they could've sold a few more seats on that flight so then the price would go up, as is the case with every other airline.
    so you got 20% off the price after it had risen with the supply and demand. if you can show that no one else booked that flight between you looking it up yesterday and today, then it would be a rip off.

I gave an example of one of the flights I checked. My dates are open from the end of May to early July but these were my preferred dates.

I had checked the prices yesterday and emailed them to my wife so we could talk about when she and I could take holidays and than book the flights. Between Saturdays and Sundays of different weeks I had a list of 9. I check them all this morning and low and behold all were up in price.

I more than most understand that flight prices change as seats fill. I am only pointing out that in my opinion Aer Lingus are ripping people off by saying they have a sale and their prices go up rather than down.

It is funny that the people that are defending them have nothing to say about the “Handling Fee”.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JADMIX

I dont think anyone has mentioned that you also have to choose your seat after the booking is made and they are at least 5 euro each or 15 if you want the front seats, so add that 20 euro (2 people) to the 12 fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

JADMIX wrote: »
    I dont think anyone has mentioned that you also have to choose your seat after the booking is made and they are at least 5 euro each or 15 if you want the front seats, so add that 20 euro (2 people) to the 12 fee.

probably becuase you dont have to ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

JADMIX wrote: »
    Afaik thats only prebooked seats. If you wait till you check in theres no charge. It is misleading, but I ignored that 'book your seat' window after the booking.

WTF? I was using the information YOU gave in YOUR original post.

No you were not. You assumed and were wrong, live with it. I was only pointing out your faults
    no need to be such a fúcking smart arse about it.
    I do not appreciate you calling me a F*****g smart arse when you are the one who got it wrong and now feel stupid, again I was only pointing out your faults.
    At the end of the day it's your own fault for getting greedy, you were given a price you were happy with.

I would not call it greed I would call it being frugal. Also again just pointing out you are wrong I never said I was happy with their original quote just that it was good. Would you buy something today even if you were happy with the price and knowing there was a 20% sale tomorrow? If you say yes you are a fool or lying.
    But apparently you don't know what every man and his dog knows, and that's that flights differ in prices on a daily basis.

Tough shít.

I do know it but thanks for the advice and I also know the price probably will come down again. If not I will get a much better price from another airline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - please stay polite and civil.

OP - the handling fee is just that, a fee. It does not fall within the commonly used definition of Taxes & Charges in the airline industry.

I do agree with you though that airline pricing is deliberately vague. It's gotten to the stage that I don't even believe in their "sale" offers anymore. I just look at the dates I want and I book. The amount of seats on offer is too transient to simply assume that you will get a reduction if you wait for a "sale".

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JADMIX

Oryx wrote: »
    Afaik thats only prebooked seats. If you wait till you check in theres no charge. It is misleading, but I ignored that 'book your seat' window after the booking.

B*st*rds the amount of times ive paid :o everytime i have used them except USA, well that is deffo a misleading rip off :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Compared to what ?

We got a flight for 47 euros return for 2 people from Weeze to Leeds Bradford, I dont think any other Airline could compete with that.

Bully for you. And NO. Particularly as I fly to London...

How can you say it is not a rip-off?

When you get a price and the price has gone up in a sale, that is a rip-off.

Also how can they advertise a price with all prices included and than charge you more, is that not a rip-off too?

Aer Lingus have been ripping people off for years. Why do you think Ryanair are the biggest airline in Europe. I can fly now, cheaper to the UK than I did in the 80s.

I would take above the average number of return flights a year, I book based on price and have only used Aer Lingus twice in the last two years.

because as I stated ticket prices change not just by the day but can change by the minute as more tickets are bought the price goes up.

a rip off would be

Ireland -> Barcelona price 200e

they fly you to heathrow and leave you there.

aer lingus advertise something you decide to buy it or not please learn what a rip off actually is

because as I stated ticket prices change not just by the day but can change by the minute as more tickets are bought the price goes up.

I take on board what you are saying and I know flight prices go up and down.

I do not for one moment believe that all 9 flight combinations that I tried, sold all the low price seats in a mater of 10 hours overnight.
    aer lingus advertise something you decide to buy it or not please learn what a rip off actually is

If I decide to buy a can of coke for €5.00, that is my choice but it is still a rip-off.

For me this is still a rip off but we are both entitled to our opinion.

I ask you two questions.

If you are quoted a price for something and the next day there is a 20% sale and the price goes up instead of down is that not a rip-off? (Remember I got 9 prices and all went up)

What about the other point I made which almost everyone is ignoring, what about the fact they put a handling fee on after they tell you,
    (Total Price) NEW: ALL PRICES BELOW INCLUDE TAXES AND CHARGES
    Is that not a rip-off too?

Whats the handling fee for, John? Is it avoidable?

Btw, I agree with you. Ive always suspected that theses 'sales' are nothing but a ploy to lure people into purchasing, to bump sales for a slow period. I dont for one minute think the discounts are real. I book flights all the time (not so much with AL) and the price is dictated by the amount of time till travel dates and little else.

dudara wrote: »
    OP - the handling fee is just that, a fee. It does not fall within the commonly used definition of Taxes & Charges in the airline industry.

It is still a charge so why not man up and include it in the price rather than try to deceive people. Would it not just be better to add €6.00 to each way because that is what they are charging anyway.

It is just another way to up the price of the flight after you get you “total price” as they call it. Sorry I don’t know what it is for, they don’t say.
    No you can’t avoid it you have to pay it.

I take on board what you are saying and I know flight prices go up and down.

I do not for one moment believe that all 9 flight combinations that I tried, sold all the low price seats in a mater of 10 hours overnight.

10 hours in a flight sale is a very long time, but neither of us can prove one way or another so it's a mute point really.

If I decide to buy a can of coke for €5.00, that is my choice but it is still a rip-off.

For me this is still a rip off but we are both entitled to our opinion.

I ask you two questions.

If you are quoted a price for something and the next day there is a 20% sale and the price goes up instead of down is that not a rip-off? (Remember I got 9 prices and all went up)

What about the other point I made which almost everyone is ignoring, what about the fact they put a handling fee on after they tell you,
    (Total Price) NEW: ALL PRICES BELOW INCLUDE TAXES AND CHARGES
    Is that not a rip-off too?

Not if I understand that the price of what I'm buying can fluctuate by the minute.

It's a bit like getting a quote for shares. the company offers a 20% discount, tons of shares are bought and by the time I get on to it the share price has gone up. supply and demand.

No because it states the total flight price is X and it is.

The handling fee is a seperate issue, the same as ticket master for concert.

The concert ticket/vat/TaX are seperate from ticket masters handling fee

so the total cost of the Ticketmaster ticket is X the handling fee is X

but if you're shown the total cost before purchse, this is not a rip off.

showing you a total and then charging your card without your knoweldge.

is a rip off.

5e for a can of coke is not so much a rip off as it is idiotic pricing strategy doomed to failure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,739 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Using anything but one poorly defined type of payment card. Same as Ryanair's card fee.

MYOB wrote: »
    Using anything but one poorly defined type of payment card. Same as Ryanair's card fee.

No it is not a credit card charge. That’s added later if you use certain cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,739 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No it is not a credit card charge. That’s added later if you use certain cards.

Incorrect.

The "handling fee" is removed if you use Visa Electron:

http://www.aerlingus.com/help/help/feesfares/#d.en.1586

There is no other fee for using any specific cards. Believe me, I've booked enough flights on Aer Lingus to know this.

• Advertisement

The handling fee is a seperate issue, the same as ticket master for concert.

The concert ticket/vat/TaX are seperate from ticket masters handling fee

so the total cost of the Ticketmaster ticket is X the handling fee is X

I don’t see your point, when Ticketmaster give you their Total Price (Charges) that is what you pay. See below, this is taken from a purchase I made recently.

Type
    Full Price Ticket
    Ticket Price
    €28.00 x 2
    Service Charge
    €3.50 x 2
    SUBTOTAL
    €63.00
    Tickets/Items
    €63.00
    Box Office Collection
    No Charge
    TOTAL CHARGES
    €63.00

When Aer Lingus give you your Total Price, they than charge a handling fee afterwards, so how is it a Total Price?

MYOB wrote: »
    Incorrect.

The "handling fee" is removed if you use Visa Electron:

http://www.aerlingus.com/help/help/feesfares/#d.en.1586

There is no other fee for using any specific cards. Believe me, I've booked enough flights on Aer Lingus to know this.

I stand corrected.

I don’t see your point, when Ticketmaster give you their Total Price (Charges) that is what you pay. See below, this is taken from a purchase I made recently.

Type
    Full Price Ticket
    Ticket Price
    €28.00 x 2
    Service Charge
    €3.50 x 2
    SUBTOTAL
    €63.00
    Tickets/Items
    €63.00
    Box Office Collection
    No Charge
    TOTAL CHARGES
    €63.00

When Aer Lingus give you your Total Price, they than charge a handling fee afterwards, so how is it a Total Price?

because the "total" is shown on aer lingus before purchase.

now we're down to which page of the purchasing stage is the correct one.

my point was they're kept separate in both cases

because the "total" is shown on aer lingus before purchase.

But you are missing my point. You are talking here about the final payment screen and yes it is shown there.

When you confirm what flights you want Are Lingus give you what they call the Total Price. They even make a big deal about this by telling you this in red.
    You than go to the next page and you are hit with another charge. Now this becomes the total.
    now we're down to which page of the purchasing stage is the correct one.

You just confirmed my point. Why should there be this confusion in the first place. Why give a total price than add more charges (fees) to make a new total on a different page?

Why don’t they just add them in the first time or say something like “there may be fees to be added” Not tell you this is the Total price and than add more to it.

I don’t think we are going to agree on this.

But you are missing my point. You are talking here about the final payment screen and yes it is shown there.

When you confirm what flights you want Are Lingus give you what they call the Total Price. They even make a big deal about this by telling you this in red.
    You than go to the next page and you are hit with another charge. Now this becomes the total.
    I dont disagree about deliberately misleading practices (I mean, see the seat booking thing above) but I want to clarify. What do you do between the first Total Price page and the next one with the handling fee? What has prompted the difference?

I dont disagree about deliberately misleading practices (I mean, see the seat booking thing above) but I want to clarify. What do you do between the first Total Price page and the next one with the handling fee? What has prompted the difference?

You click to agree to their terms and conditions (and from what I can see it dose not mention any handling fee in there) and click continue. You do not click anything else and have no choice.

Go on line and look for yourself.

• Advertisement

What they give you is the total ticket price. which is true it is.

the handling fee is not part of the ticket price. and they give you an option not to pay it, what more do you want?

You just confirmed my point. Why should there be this confusion in the first place. Why give a total price than add more charges (fees) to make a new total on a different page?

Why don’t they just add them in the first time or say something like “there may be fees to be added” Not tell you this is the Total price and than add more to it.

I don’t think we are going to agree on this.

There's no confusion one of the reasons is at this stage they don't know how you're going to pay for the ticket, if using one of the free cards which every air line has to offer, this is the total price.

I don't know anyone over the age of 12 who gets confused by it.

Every site i use I go to the final screen and then look at the total and decide if I will purchase it or not.

it's a really simple concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 cbrlover

I would agree this so called sale that Aer Lingus are running at the moment is a rip off.

I sat down to book some summer flights.

Dublin to Alicante in June for 2 people. The price is all in including C/Card fee.

Aer Lingus without pre booked seats €460.
    Another Airline with pre booked seats €327, this is what I booked.

(If I had wanted it was €287 without pre booked seats but I booked the seats)

The flights out are within an hour and the flights back Aer Lingus are about 2 hours later.

So apart from the pre booked seats we are looking at something very similar and having the seats booked is a big advantage.

How can anyone defend this so called sale when their price like for like without pre booked seats is about 60& more expensive?

As for that handling fee I agree with OP. Why give a price and tell you it is the total and than add to it? Just dont tell me it is the total.

Cop on people.

I don't know anyone over the age of 12 who gets confused by it.

I am not confused by this I understand it. We have our wires crossed here I think. You keep going on about looking at the final screen and I know that is where you get your Total Price from. I might have added other things like seats or parking but I am not talking about that.

What I am talking about and no one has answered me. How can Aer Lingus on page 3 tell you this is your Total Price and on page 4 add another fee.

Lets go back to the Coke. In the fridge the price says €1. You take it to the counter to pay for it and you are asked for €1.07 which is €1 for the can and €.07 handling charge would you pay it? At least you would question it if you noticed.

I am not saying I don’t want to pay it I am saying don’t give me a total Price and than ask me to pay more.

cbrlover wrote: »
    As for that handling fee I agree with OP. Why give a price and tell you it is the total and than add to it? Just dont tell me it is the total.

Now that would be simple wouldn’t it.

I am not confused by this I understand it. We have our wires crossed here I think. You keep going on about looking at the final screen and I know that is where you get your Total Price from. I might have added other things like seats or parking but I am not talking about that.

What I am talking about and no one has answered me. How can Aer Lingus on page 3 tell you this is your Total Price and on page 4 add another fee.

Lets go back to the Coke. In the fridge the price says €1. You take it to the counter to pay for it and you are asked for €1.07 which is €1 for the can and €.07 handling charge would you pay it? At least you would question it if you noticed.

I am not saying I don’t want to pay it I am saying don’t give me a total Price and than ask me to pay more.

It doesn't say total price.

It says Total ticket price.

which is true..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,848 ✭✭✭✭28064212

They don't. They tell you the Fare, the Taxes and Charges (with a handy link telling you exactly what they mean by that) and the Flight Total. This is the total cost of the flight. Click continue, and you get the price with the handling fee (which you are conveniently informed about at the bottom of every page up to that point), and the TOTAL

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

It doesn't say total price.

It says Total ticket price.

which is true..

This is where you are wrong for sure; in fact it confirms to me you actually don’t know what you are talking about, so it is the last time I will reply to anything you have to say on this matter. It dose say Total Price.

In fact they push it on you by saying TOTAL PRICE twice on the 3rd page.

The first one is the LOGO just before the banner telling you

Which in its self is false as there might be extra charges. I do understand they provide a link explaining the charges.

The second is just above the word Continue.

See post #8 in this tread where I posted a direct copy of the flights I was looking to book.

This is where you are wrong for sure; in fact it confirms to me you actually don’t know what you are talking about, so it is the last time I will reply to anything you have to say on this matter. It dose say Total Price.

In fact they push it on you by saying TOTAL PRICE twice on the 3rd page.

The first one is the LOGO just before the banner telling you

Which in its self is false as there might be extra charges. I do understand they provide a link explaining the charges.

The second is just above the word Continue.

See post #8 in this tread where I posted a direct copy of the flights I was looking to book.

Sorry

I read your post as

FLIGHT TOTAL

TOTAL PRICE

but i see now the flight total was for the return flight on top.

in that case.

It's still correct, as it is the total price of the flight.

handling fee != flight price.

plus if you're using visa electron it will be the total cost.

at this point, they don't know how you're going to pay

which i have said 3 times now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

why in gods name did i post in this thread. i cant stand this forum.
    unfollowed

28064212 wrote: »
    They don't. They tell you the Fare, the Taxes and Charges (with a handy link telling you exactly what they mean by that) and the Flight Total. This is the total cost of the flight. Click continue, and you get the price with the handling fee (which you are conveniently informed about at the bottom of every page up to that point), and the TOTAL

They Do say Total Price

OK now I think people are trying to wind me up.

On a return flight which is what I was booking where it says Flight Total that is for that flight. It says it twice once for each flight and than it gives a Total Price.

Again I direct you to post #8 of this thread.

Out trip and than Flight Total
    Return trip and than flight Total
    below that it clearly says Total Price.

As I have said before I understand there might be extra charges and I am happy to pay them if that is what is required. I just can’t see how or why anyone would try to defend this. They clearly state Total Price and it might not be. Why not say Flight Price.

They Do say Total Price

OK now I think people are trying to wind me up.

On a return flight which is what I was booking where it says Flight Total that is for that flight. It says it twice once for each flight and than it gives a Total Price.

Again I direct you to post #8 of this thread.

Out trip and than Flight Total
    Return trip and than flight Total
    below that it clearly says Total Price.

As I have said before I understand there might be extra charges and I am happy to pay them if that is what is required. I just can’t see how or why anyone would try to defend this. They clearly state Total Price and it might not be. Why not say Flight Price.

because at that time, it is the total price!

they can't predict how you're going to pay and that's what adds the 12e!!!

why don't you write a letter to aer lingus FOA the web usability department and move to ryanair :rolleyes: while it's fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

First let me say my thoughts are the total price is what you pay, not what you might pay if you don’t add things. The only place they should say total price is at the bottom of the last page after all extras are included.

I find it funny people squabbling over this when the bigger picture is that Aer Lingus are rip off merchants and there is no way to defend them. They have being doing it as the norm for years.

I just looked at flights to Manchester 2 people
    Ryanair 105 Euro
    Aer Lingus 319 Euro
    For my flight times.

Now that is a rip off. Like the person above to Alicante why would anyone even try to defend Aer Lingus?

I like to get the best price I can and will always check any available airlines to my destination but it is very rare that Aer Lingus are best.

bigjoe wrote: »
    First let me say my thoughts are the total price is what you pay, not what you might pay if you don’t add things. The only place they should say total price is at the bottom of the last page after all extras are included.

I find it funny people squabbling over this when the bigger picture is that Aer Lingus are rip off merchants and there is no way to defend them. They have being doing it as the norm for years.

I just looked at flights to Manchester 2 people
    Ryanair 105 Euro
    Aer Lingus 319 Euro
    For my flight times.

Now that is a rip off. Like the person above to Alicante why would anyone even try to defend Aer Lingus?

I like to get the best price I can and will always check any available airlines to my destination but it is very rare that Aer Lingus are best.

I can find flights on aer lingus cheaper than ryanair but it's not really relevant.

Nor is anyone defending aer lingus just stating a few facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

they can't predict how you're going to pay and that's what adds the 12e!!!

So if they can't predict how I am going to pay why add something?

I am not going to be drawn into this stupid debate. But I will repeat what I said above the total price is the price you pay

Anything else is the sub-total.

You talk about the facts. The only fact as I see it is, they give you the Total Price and than add to it.

So if they can't predict how I am going to pay why add something?

They don't add it, that's the point of the thread.
    I am not going to be drawn into this stupid debate. But I will repeat what I said above the total price is the price you pay.

Anything else is the sub-total.

You talk about the facts. The only fact as I see it is, they give you the Total Price and than add to it.

well done, because at that point it *IS* the total price for the ticket.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement