Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return ticket needed?

Options
  • 17-01-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Heading to Aus in March on a one way ticket.. We didn't book a return one as we're planning on doing our regional work pretty much straight away.
    My question is... Do I immigration request a return ticket on arrival in Aus??? I've done a lot of research and I was under the impression that I didn't need one as long as I have the required 5000 dollars in my Aus bank account (I will have this)!
    I only ask because I have a friend who was in Aus a few years ago and she was adamant that I needed a return ticket???
    Can anyone put my mind at ease and just assure me that I do not need a return ticket!!!
    Thanks!!

(Apologies if this has been asked before)

Forget to mention I'm going on a WHV!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

No, not on a WHV, you may (though unlikely) be asked for proof of funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

Thanks Hussey, I had asked the question before but I just wanted to be 100% certain.
    You can close this thread :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement