Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyramids, Egypt

Options
  • 17-01-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I am traveling to Sharm el Sheikh Egypt in Febuary. I am wondering if I should book a one day trip to the Pyramids online before I go or wait until I get there. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

Send an email to the concierge of the hotel you are staying at inquiring prices.
    Get them to book a day trip for you.

That said,you don't need to book anything specific if you don't want to.
    You can book a flight from sharm airport to Cairo,hop into a taxi there and go straight to the pyramids.

You will have no guide but you don't need one.

Avoid hawkers selling you guided tours like the plague,they will be really trying to sell you something else and you will end up in a perfume shop or somewhere being aggressively sold something and they can be nasty if you don't buy.
    That goes for camel rides also,those are a hawkers paradise.

The pyramids can be done easily with your own guide book and a haggle with the taxi driver.

Enjoy Sharm!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Don't take a bus trip! They are lethal, do a quick search on bus crashes in Egypt.
    Fly, much quicker and safer. If open, make sure you get a ticket to go into the pyramid, an experience you'll never forget.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

How's things in Cairo these days then?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭WanderlustQueen

I got a flight from Sharm el Sheikh to Cairo the day before the flight and it was only about 50euro, and the amount of hassle I went through to get from Cairo to Sharm!! The busses are horrific and the ferries are unreliable so flying is better. Just have a look on lastminute.com and EgyptAir.

You'll most likely have to rent a taxi to take you around all the pyramids for the day and it is worth it. I sorted it through my hotel, maybe someone in your hotel in Sharm can arrange it for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DeeDeeC

Hi,
    how did your trip go?!would you have any tips?!I want to go later this year and am so confused by whether I should try to book the trip in advance or do one of the day tours when I get there??!!I want to stay in Sharm el Sheik.any help appreciated??!!
    Thanks

• Advertisement

that would be way to long to bus there and back. fly.
    go to pyramids and king tut museum and pay extra into see the mummies.
    the markets in Cairo are not great - wouldn't really bother.
    having a meal in a nice resto along the Nile is a good way to end the day.

Advertisement