Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vanucci leathers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Vanucci stuff is pretty good - I'd put it higher than Akito, Richa, Spada but not quite as good as Dainese, BKS or Alpinestar.

I had a pair of Vanucci winter leather gloves and they lasted well, stayed together for several winters before the lining detached and I passed them on to the dog to chew on.

I'd recommend them.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I'll second what 'cptr said. They're pretty decent and nice fit on them too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I'd recommend you get a two piece leather suit that zips together around the waist instead, a lot less restrictive than a one piece if all you're gonna be doing is sunday blasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Miglo

Thanks for your replies lads!

Can you tell anything about Vanucci's size chart? Do you find it accurate?
    I checked other shops and found few Alpinestar leathers on sale in similar prize range (colors worse though). I could try them on in any shop before placing order - can't do that with Vanucci :/

When I stared biking it was "only to commute" :) but turned into live passion. So i can't say I won't do track day at some time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Miglo wrote: »
    When I stared biking it was "only to commute" :) but turned into live passion. So i can't say I won't do track day at some time :D

That's how most of us start out chief. :pac: Ah yeah, track days are FUN!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

You can still use the zip-together leathers for track days as well. Personally i use the two-piece myself as even for simple things like going in for lunch/cup of tea etc. at least with the two/piece you can take off your jacket and have a bit of comfort which is not possible with the one -piece.
    Haven't any specific info about the type of leathers you're thinking of buying but good luck with your choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

I bought a Vanucci leather jacket from Louis last week this onehttp://www.louis.de/_303bf16a351881ff64be0463e47811334f/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&article_context=detail&grwgr=100&wgr=772&list_total=24&anzeige=0&page=0&artnr_gr=207516
    I hope to get the bottom half at a later date when I have the cash, The jacket is a great fit and has good protection on the back,shoulders & elbows. And as everyone else has said with a 2 piece at least you can take the jacket off if needed! Best of luck with your purchase :)

spuddy01 wrote: »
    I bought a Vanucci leather jacket from Louis last week this onehttp://www.louis.de/_303bf16a351881ff64be0463e47811334f/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&article_context=detail&grwgr=100&wgr=772&list_total=24&anzeige=0&page=0&artnr_gr=207516
    I hope to get the bottom half at a later date when I have the cash, The jacket is a great fit and has good protection on the back,shoulders & elbows. And as everyone else has said with a 2 piece at least you can take the jacket off if needed! Best of luck with your purchase :)

I made my mind and ordered... Deinese Stripes :D
    I got chance to try them on and they fit perfect. They're on sale for 599e on Motoin.de, now I have to wait 6 weeks for them as there wasn't my size in stock.

I already have two piece waterproof leather/goretex Weise Psycho (which I find very good) for everyday use, so I'm coveredon that end :)

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Nice looking leathers & good price also,what color did you go for?? Bummer having to wait 6 wks though but best of luck with them :)

spuddy01 wrote: »
    Nice looking leathers & good price also,what color did you go for?? Bummer having to wait 6 wks though but best of luck with them :)

I went for black with white bits as they should look good on any bike :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement