Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM Only Plans

Options
  • 17-01-2012 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am currently working on a document that answers many of the questions, queries or concerns around SIM only plans. What if any information do you think should be included in such a document? What questions do you have about SIM only plans, what would stop you moving to a SIM only plan (Bill Pay) if your currently a pay-as-you go customer? Feedback welcome and appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

1. Explain it is a contract and that notice must be given.
    2. Explain minimum durations typically 30 days.
    3. Highlight core minutes to any network
    4. Highlight landline minutes if different
    5. Highlight own network minutes if different
    6. Core data allowances
    7. Supplemetary data packs, can pack be bought retroactively if you already bust core data in that month.
    8. Highlight calendar month vs 30 day duration vs 7 day duration packs.
    9. Note on online billing interface, whether real time or daily and lagged, for each carrier inc screenshots.
    10. Roaming in UK and Roaming in EU, typical rates 42c to call and 13c to recive but optins can reduce the cost.
    11. Note on buying supplementary minute and text packs if possible.

Finally, only cover Sim Only packs on market today and in future.

HTH :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I am currently working on a document that answers many of the questions, queries or concerns around SIM only plans. What if any information do you think should be included in such a document? What questions do you have about SIM only plans, what would stop you moving to a SIM only plan (Bill Pay) if your currently a pay-as-you go customer? Feedback welcome and appreciated.

I have done something similar recently with prepay packages here.

The problem with mobile phone packages is the complexity and how to present complex information in a user friendly simplistic comparable manner that does not mislead.

There is a need for a sim only plan guide out there.

I suggest that you focus on 4 things:
    • The price of the sim only packages
    • What happens inside the bundle and outside the bundle.
    • Focus on data limits as this is increasingly the most important thing that users need to look at.
    • Explanations of terms and general tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MobileMaven

Thanks very much for your replies! Some really useful stuff there to work with. I really appreciate the responses. Now it's down to putting your feedback into action :)

Advertisement