Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Credit Report

• 17-01-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi

Just wondering if someone can advise. My husband and I have been approved a mortgage in principal but as we lived in the UK for a number of years until 2006 we need to get a UK credit report. We are now living in Ireland permanently . The bank advised to go through Experian or Equifax but its been a nightmare.

The on-line form won't recognise our current address in Ireland.

We were hopinmg to do it on-line to speed things up but it looks like we might have to do it via post which while not the end of the world will take longer than we had hoped as we have found a house and need to get the mortgage sorted asap.

If anyone had any experience and has found a way to do it online your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

ADCD4 wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering if someone can advise. My husband and I have been approved a mortgage in principal but as we lived in the UK for a number of years until 2006 we need to get a UK credit report. We are now living in Ireland permanently . The bank advised to go through Experian or Equifax but its been a nightmare.

The on-line form won't recognise our current address in Ireland.

We were hopinmg to do it on-line to speed things up but it looks like we might have to do it via post which while not the end of the world will take longer than we had hoped as we have found a house and need to get the mortgage sorted asap.

If anyone had any experience and has found a way to do it online your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, just wondering what you ended up doing? Did you do it by post? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭lbyrne121

I'm in same situation any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scot1964

It will be impossible to get an Experian (or other) report, even if you did have a UK address, UK credit reports only go back a few years (6 I think) so as you left in 2006 you have no credit history, good, bad or indifferent (unless there is CCJs / defaults against you).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's like I asked you previously to stop posting the same query, multiple times and across threads (including re-activating really old ones).

It's eerily like I did. Stop it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement