Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hagis from Marks and Spencer

Options
  • 17-01-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever tried the Haggis from Marks and Spencer? The 38% pork lung is putting me off at the moment.

Is it ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Would be interested in trying this too. Also, don't mean to de rail the thread but does anyone know where to buy scotch eggs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Tesco sell them

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

I've definitely seen scotch eggs in Marks and Spencer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lungs are a key ingredient of haggis. If you don't like the thoughts of eating them - maybe haggis isn't for you. I love it tbh.

@Slunk - If you want to know about Scotch Eggs start a new thread.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 40 c_murph

To Alcohol wrote: »
    Anyone ever tried the Haggis from Marks and Spencer? The 38% pork lung is putting me off at the moment.

Is it ok?

It's pretty good haggis, not as good as something you'd get stuffed into a sheep's stomach in Scotland, but I don't know anywhere else in Ireland you'll get haggis, so no choice really. Easy to cook in a microwave.

The veggie one is good too, it's great on toast for breakfast :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

I tried it, and I like it. From time to time they also stock the original (traditional) one, stored in a sheep's stomach rather than a plastic bag, but it doesn't last long.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am actually made this last saturday for himself and he loved it.

he had the left overs on toast for sunday breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

irishbird wrote: »
    i am actually made this last saturday for himself and he loved it.

he had the left overs on toast for sunday breakfast.

Yep, I loved it alright, easy to cook in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

dont worry about the %38 lung content its all minced up. the only real texture comes from the pin head oats;)

Advertisement