Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grrrrr.......Cyclists

• 17-01-2012 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

So.....

This is developing from within the speed camera thread. If I h ave this in the wrong location please move accordingly.

There is a lot of talk about speeding and putting not only yourselves but other road users and pedestrians at risk and that brought me to my thoughts on cyclists.

There are many types of cyclists, as there are motorists.

The ones I wish to focus on are the ignorant ones that truly believe they are a law upon themselves.

I have seen countless cyclists breaking red lights and hopping onto the pavements to get past those extra few cars. Slow down there pal it's not the f**king Tour de France you are in.:rolleyes:

I personally have had to jam on the brakes a number of times so as not to hit cyclists going through red lights. I have seen once a motorcycle Garda giving the culprit a bollicking but that has been it.

The idea of just accelerating that little bit more to scare the ****e out of them is getting more and more frequent and tempting. (yes I am leaving myself open for ridicule on that statement).

The mother-in-law was pulling out of her driveway, she reverses into the driveway as it is a busy road and at night it is quite dark. Long and the short is she tipped a cyclist over while pulling out. (low speed etc...) the cyclist proceeded to get up and give her dogs abuse saying he was going to claim etc etc...

Then (and this is the funny part) the mother-in-law pointed out hat he had no reflective clothing, no lights on the bike, no helmet, had earphones in AND he was cycling down a one way street the WRONG WAY.

Don't get me wrong she was in shock with the incident but I think he was trying to help Darwin there was he not? (once again opening myself for ridicule).

And that leads me to the "one wayers".

You have the cyclists that go down the cycle lanes in the wrong direction and then you have the cyclists that just decide they'll go against the flow of traffic, cycle lane or no cycle lane..

Target practice anyone? :D

Anyway rant over..... :p

Just want to re-confirm that this is not focused on all cyclists, merely a select group!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cyclists rock :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

biko wrote: »
    Cyclists rock :)

As I said Biko some of them are decent law abiding folk :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

A very select few. Generally it's very casual cyclists I find do things like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

As a cyclist I'll agree with you that there are many many idiots who shouldn't be on a bicycle but this is also true of motorists and pedestrians. How many times have you had another motorist tailgate you, run a red light, hit you because they weren't paying attention. In regards to pedestrians, they frequently don't cross at junctions, or when they do it's against the lights. They can often be found in the cycle lane, two abreast with their buggies.

The point being, yes there are many annoying cyclists but it's also true of motorists and pedestrians. We all just need to learn to look out for each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Not a hope

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement