Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to WoW - Long story inc!

Options
  • 17-01-2012 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Hi folks how's every one doing!? :D

I've been playing wow on and off since TBC Launch. I have always had a keen interest in PvE and was part of the Progression on Ghostlands Alliance with my Paladin. In guilds such as Eternals/FTW and Knights of the Templar. I can remember the wipe nights on Vashj and Alar. Good times..

Wotlk hit at a weird time in my personal life and after being part of the whole rush to server first 80, I lost my passion for the game for a few weeks. When I did eventually come back I had a warm welcome waiting, my old guild needed a paladin healer and offered to boost me in Naxx 10/25 runs and I was sooner rather than later pimped out and back in the swing of progression for when Ulduar hit. We got server third for FL on Ulduar day one and Server Second for Razorscale. But when we got to the later stages of Ulduar in the next week or two I really really started to lose interest again. Ulduar wasn't enjoyable for some reason, so to kick start things a bit myself and about 10 mates, some IRL mates decided to go Horde and start our own guild. Which we did. Unleashed was born on horde side out of some Eternals, FTW, Static (horde), and Ashen Dawn people decided that we wanted a compact raiding guild of FRIENDS.

The following year was my fondest time in wow.. The PvE was repetitive yes but I started to do some pvp and I loved it. When ICC hit we were at the foreground of 10 man raiding on hordes side. With some very memorable nights in ICC /1 .. But I was to hit the road block once again. Our guild slowly began to struggle with the harder content PRE NERF.. and with some people dropping out we had no choice but to call it a day. I soon joined Messias a 25 man raiding guild, and there I spent the last of my WOTLK days with a good raiding guild that managed to maintain a casual ethos.

As WOTLK drew to it's end (ruby sanctum days) I moved home and subsequently quit wow for about 8 months. Opon my return I decided it was time to re-roll, to shaman and that I did. Shamans were not as godly as I remembered them and I did struggle a bit to adapt to the new, alien mechanics. How ever, perhaps because of this I never found my niche again in PvE and instead casually played and pvp'd as elemental. I got a game card a few months back and leveled my holy paly again but he's on OL now and I kind of regret moving him because I miss all my ghostlands buddy's, albeit OL is a FAAAAAR superior server.

Any way to finally stop beating around the bush..
    Are there any players who play on either

Outland Alliance
    or
    Ghostlands Horde

that would be interested in helping a Paladin/Shaman find himself in wow again? do some pvp? a guild perhaps? or even just some body to grind hc's with until I get my feet on the ground?
    Both characters have a healing spec, and I have actually done the new-ish hc's (deathwing stuff) on both, via healing. Although my shamans gear>Paladins

any way I appreciate the time you took to read this and look forward to hearing from you :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hi Dave,

I play on Outland Alliance, <ATT>. To be frank the guild is pretty inactive these days with most guys playing swtor, things wont pickup till MOp. But there is about 3-4 of us currently gearing alts ( I am close to ding on a new shaman so mass heroics inc) aswell as two other guys who have frshly dinged alts.

We typically run LFR's through the week aswell, also doing heroics to cap VP, but we really arnt doing DS at all, the odd Tuesday walking into clear 8/8 in a night.

If you want I can invite you for a social spot to gear up. Typically I'm on most nights running heroics, LFR's and levelling

Let me know if something better doesnt come alng

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Cool i'll take you up on that offer mate! it will be early next week by the time I actually get back online though!

My paladin is holy, and despite the gear. Its a character I would be more comfortable healing on than my t11 shaman :/
    I'd definitely be on for for the social spot while I gear up mate. Debating what to do with my OS. Holy pvp would be my preferred spec, but i'm tempted to gather some prot gear and eventually go prot?

Paladins name is Dav with the altgr thingy over the a

Advertisement