Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent question regarding CAO application

Options
  • 17-01-2012 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

im applying to sligo it as a mature student and FETAC student (currently completing a full time level 5 course)
    so i know i need to write a personal statement and would like to find out if i need to send any other documentation e.g. junior cert results, ECDL cert????

ive looked at the CAO demo and its just confusing me now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

annacanna wrote: »
    im applying to sligo it as a mature student and FETAC student (currently completing a full time level 5 course)
    so i know i need to write a personal statement and would like to find out if i need to send any other documentation e.g. junior cert results, ECDL cert????

ive looked at the CAO demo and its just confusing me now!

Any qualification you claim to hold on your application needs to be verified by sending a copy of the certificate. So if you indicate you have an ECDL or Junior Cert then the cert copies have to go to CAO otherwise those qualifications will be disregarded by the colleges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Read the guidlines on the CAO website, which applies for ALL CAO applications.

http://www.cao.ie/apply.php

Also, check on the college / IT / University webstie as some of them may have different procedures for mature students, i.e. apply directly, or send documentation to them seperately. Trinity do this IIRC, and NCI don't even go through CAO for mature students, it's all direct to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

As Jackass says its important to read the handbook and also to contact the Admissions office if in doubt.
    Application to Sligo IT is through CAO.

Take from Sligo IT website:
    Applying to Institute of Technology Sligo as a mature student

As with all first year applicants to Institute of Technology Sligo, one must first apply to the CAO. The CAO will send information on those who apply by February 1st and give Institute of Technology Sligo as one of their preferences directly to the college. Mature applicants will then be invited to attend for interview and may gain entry on the basis of this interview alone. However information on any mature applicants who apply to the CAO after February 1st will not be received until later in the Summer. Such applicants are unlikely to be invited for interview until late summer and it is likely that not all courses will have vacancies for mature students at that time. Therefore, late mature applicants should contact the Admissions Office on 071-9155379 once application has been made to the CAO to ensure that they are invited to the first round of mature student interviews.

Hope it helps.

Advertisement