Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France

• 17-01-2012 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hello

Kinda vague question but I have it in my head that I'd like to go to France and take a long, maybe overnight train trip and end up somewhere nice and sunny and reasonably cheap!

Any suggestions or ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

This may not be what you are looking for but I found Sarlat a wonderful place... come June it will be lovely and hot. Not far from the Dordogne and you can travel there from Toulouse by a quick train and then bus journey. Lovely medieval town and then from there you can take trips to Bergerac and Bordeaux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 TonyW72

Keep taking the train all the way down to the Riviera - Monaco, Nice or any of the Cote d'Azure towns are always a great place to go and relax. Get yourself a nice b&b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

I hate to say it, the French Riviera, unless you have inside knowledge, isn't particularly cheap. (You could try the campsite above Eze). I think you have cheaper options in places like the south west - Roussillon for example. It all depends on what you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

TonyW72 wrote: »
    Keep taking the train all the way down to the Riviera - Monaco, Nice or any of the Cote d'Azure towns are always a great place to go and relax. Get yourself a nice b&b.

TGV from Paris to Marseilles is something else, particularly the viaduct down to Avignon at top speed 320 kmph/200 mph. Then the more leisurely trip on the slow TGV from Marseilles to the Italian border has stunning scenery, so make sure you to that in daylight.

Advertisement