Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rant

• 17-01-2012 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

My brother and his girlfriend just dropped off their dog to me as they went off to work. A damn unhouse trained puppy. Now I have the choice of leaving it be and cleaning up ****, or following the little ****er around everywhere, and I choose the latter. If I wanted to clean up ****, I'd get my own damn dog. Now I'm stuck after work in the kitchen (non carpet floor) and having to watch some 1940s movie on basic TV instead of reaxing and watching the shows I intended to watch after work when I woke up this morning.

God I hate animals almost as much as I hate people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

ConfusedGuy92 - are you looking for advice in keeping the dog or are you just looking to rant? Because this forum isn't just to rant about how you hate animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ConfusedGuy92

I consider having to look after this dog as an animal issue. And as this is the section for animal issues, then I believe I'm right at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

buy your brother socks next christmas. actually don't, socks will probably come in useful seen as he has a pup. I've no advice so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Are you actually looking for advise? There's loads of knowledgeable people here would gladly help but you'll have to tell us what you want to know!

Well I'd ask you to read the forum charter please - and to note that posters here are rather fond of animals. The issue is having to look after a puppy which of course you can discuss here and seek advice on how to look after it.

It would be helpful if you could let us know roughly how old the dog might be, how long the other owners have had it and what you're doing with it at present. People can advise better on toilet training knowing those details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I only hate *some* people. I love all animals (cats not so much but not enough to wish one harm).

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

Uncalled for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Vince32

If you don't want to follow it around, put down paper, old news paper all over the place, and when it poops, just replace the page that has poop on it.

Over a course of lets say 2 weeks, put down one less page a day, and make it end up that the last page is at the door to the yard.

Once the pup learns to poop on the paper, start taking it away one day at a time.

This worked fantastically well for me with my puppy, and now if the door to the yard isn't open, she will sit and bark until someone comes to let her out.

Good luck, and enjoy the cuddles between poops :)

Guys - post helpfully / with advice or not at all. I have already addressed the opening post.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭callmekenneth

aw how can you hate a pup? post a pic of it and we'll decide if it's worthy of your ire. it's your brother you should be pissed at btw, not the dog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

Advice: tell your brother to drop his dog off to someone who will look after him/her, like doggy daycare. And remember, the pup didn't ask to be dropped off with you, take it up with your brother.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Star-pants has asked that people post in a helpful manner or not at all.

Ive edited two smart arse comments aimed at the OP.

Next person to make another one is getting a 7 day ban from the forum.You cant say I didnt warn you.

Advertisement