Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Hardwareversand

Options
  • 17-01-2012 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey guys, I need some advice

So I bought a new rig (parts) from hardwareversand, Upon receiving the whole original delivery from, everything was new. EXCEPT the motherboard. It was NOT shrink wrapped. The anti static bag had CLEARLY been opened before, was creased and bent out of shape and tape holding it shut was twisted, consistent with being previously opened. There was a fingerprint already on the metal heat sink on the board itself. One of the two stat cables, had been opened, the plastic bag was torn. The box already had wear and tear and was creased along the coreners and seams. (consistency with being previously opened.)

None of this would bother me at all if the board was operational, I removed the cpu cover after opening the box for the 15-2500k that I also purchased and some pins near one side of the socket were bent.

I tried to RMA it back to them, but they just sent me back the same one saying I DID IT!

What the hell do I do now? I've sent them and angry e-mail that explains everything but seriously wtf?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

When you bought it, was it marked as "Special Item"?

I'd call them, ask for an English rep, and explain what happened. You could show them the clearly new CPU - assuming you didn't put thermal paste or anything on it - and the might take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'd call them and explain what happened. Emails won't really cut it.

Next time, take photos of everything as you open the box. I always do that whenever I buy something expensive off the Internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Eogcloud

I've called them twice previously, the first time, I got a guy who just jabbered at me in German no matter what I said or did. the second time, I got a woman, I explained all the above to her and she told me to just RMA it normally and it'd be fine.

I guess I'll try again.

I'm fuming though, it's been a month and they're awful, never again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If it's any consolation, your case seemed to be pretty isolated. Most people that have dealt with them are happy.

Unfortunately companies always make mistakes. I had an unfortunate incident with Dabs a while back, that put me off for a while, but every other time was excellent. It sucks though when something goes wrong the first time you try a new place.

Advertisement