Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audiobook won't play on iPhone 4s

• 17-01-2012 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

When i try to play an audiobook it just quits out and cancels it from playing.

all my podcasts and songs play fine, any suggesting ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Where did you get the audiobook from? Does it play in any other media players?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

Got it from iTunes, it works fine on my laptop...

Unsync and resync? Any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

tried it, really don't know why it won't work its blowing my mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

Can't help re ibooks from itunes, audible.co.uk works for me, on ipod nano and iphone4. Maybe cheaper too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,594 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whats the file format? (unlikely to be the issue if from itunes)

Can't help re ibooks from itunes, audible.co.uk works for me, on ipod nano and iphone4. Maybe cheaper too.
    iTunes source their books from Audible.

OP, was it bought using your normal iTunes Store account? Have you tried signing out and back into the account (Settings > Store) while the file is on the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

A bizarre bug I've found with longer files on my iPhone is that if an audio file is over a couple of hours and has "remember playback position" switched on in iTunes (as an audiobook would) it sometimes starts playing from the end of the track, so seems to load up and cancel like you're saying. If its that, then you can just drag the slider back to the beginning, which is still a pain in the ass, but not as much of one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sciolist

I've been playing audiobooks on my iPhone 3GS successfully for months but now I am now unable to play them.
    When I launch an audiobook track it instantly goes to the end of the track and returns to the listing of audiobooks. I've tried several audiobooks from different sources; I've tried both mp3 and aac; I've deleted them and then resynced them; I've reset the phone; I've changed their Media Kind attribute to Music and them back to audiobook; all to no avail.
    The do play find as Media Kind of Music but that doesn't have the 30 second rewind button.

Advertisement