Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help an old guy please

Options
  • 17-01-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭

My niece got an xbox at Christmas, and I decided that 'parental' controls had to be put in place. As a result, she can't add or accept any friends. Now, she's in Scotland, I'm in Ireland and she's ringing me to ask me to fix this for her.

How do I do it??? What do I need to do to either remove the 'parental' controls, or at least allow her to start adding her friends on it? I think I had to set an account up for myself, and I think I'm in at it just now online (i don't actually have an xbox as it was struck with the RROD) and I just changed all settings to 'everyone'. I need to know how can i change the settings on her xbox account so she can add and accept her friends.

Thank you please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Do you want to remove parental controls altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

RedXIV wrote: »
    Do you want to remove parental controls altogether?

I don't even know sitting here how i can see any settings in her account. If removing the parental controls altogether is the only way she can add and accept her friends and cousins then that's what i'll have to do.

Thank you please :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

commentary by young (annoyingly voiced) kid

the new dashboard looks different but the headings will be there abouts the same i.e. settings>parental controls>xbox live controls

you'll have to talk her through it and she will need your sign in credentials to disable whatever you enabled

EDIT: actually after having a quick look at my own, it's setting> family > and then you're in "content controls", this can be switched on/off, if you set a password here, she'll need it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Is there a way to change them if you have forgotten the pw/button code thing for the box!? i had the parental controls on once or twice before but forget the friggin' combination to access the controls again!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

There's a good chance you can do it through xbox.com if you log in, go to ''my account'' in the top right of the screen and then change ''privacy and online settings'' which should be found in the bottom right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

-=al=- wrote: »
    Is there a way to change them if you have forgotten the pw/button code thing for the box!? i had the parental controls on once or twice before but forget the friggin' combination to access the controls again!

i think you have to contact support

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah seems so, f it I'll just never put them on again!

Advertisement