Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error message every time I turn on BF3

Options
  • 17-01-2012 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

I play BF3 on the Xbox, every time I turn it on I get a message saying 'Existing player profile appears to be damaged and cannot be used.' Then I'm told I've unlocked loads of stuff for the first time, such as certain dogtags, and even the strike at karkland map pack, which i already have. I still all my stats and the like but it is still annoying any time I turn on the game. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Yep, (this is not exact but..) Go to the XBox dashboard and Settings, profile find your game saves and delete the BF3 (corrupt) one. When you relaunch it will download your BF3 profile and that should fix it.

I don't have the specifics but I hope you get the idea..perhaps someone in front of their xbox can help refine my answer

Sorry I can't be more exact.

IF i think of it when I get home ill post again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Just remembered

System Settings\Storage\Hard Drive\Games and Apps\Battlefield 3 -- Press Y, then delete.

When you start the game the profile will download again and the corruption will be gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

great thanks a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Worked perfectly thanks a million :) can finally play the campaign mode!

Advertisement