Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acupuncture in Drogheda

Options
  • 17-01-2012 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Anyone know/recommend any good Acupuncture practitioners in Drogheda?
    I've been advised to try it out as a complimentary form of treatment to a back injury.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Can't think of the name but there is a place (or was) on Fair St that did it. Got it done about 2 years ago myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I've tried two places - the Crosslane Physiotherapy place and the Chinese man on Laurence's Street.

The Crosslanes charge 40euro a session I think, but I never really got the feeling that the girl knew what she was doing. She was just putting in the needles and not explaining. Plus, it's freezing in there and when you are lying with needles in you for 40 mins, it's bloody cold!

I went to the Chinese place twice a week for 8 weeks to get rid of migraines and in spite of being a bit dubious, it did actually work. They charged 30euro a session for me but I think it's open for haggling. My mam went and they charged for 40euro for once a week, but they do kind of want the money off you there and then, but I paid in three installments or something!

The sessions in there are an hour long and it was about 40 mins of you lying there with the pins in and then the doctor did head massage on me too or sometimes a foot massage. Anyway, if you ask, they will explain the whole concept of Chinese medicine to you. They also gave me some foul tasting herbs and teas to drink too. But it worked and I'm migraine free now! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I've tried two places - the Crosslane Physiotherapy place and the Chinese man on Laurence's Street.

The Crosslanes charge 40euro a session I think, but I never really got the feeling that the girl knew what she was doing. She was just putting in the needles and not explaining. Plus, it's freezing in there and when you are lying with needles in you for 40 mins, it's bloody cold!

I went to the Chinese place twice a week for 8 weeks to get rid of migraines and in spite of being a bit dubious, it did actually work. They charged 30euro a session for me but I think it's open for haggling. My mam went and they charged for 40euro for once a week, but they do kind of want the money off you there and then, but I paid in three installments or something!

The sessions in there are an hour long and it was about 40 mins of you lying there with the pins in and then the doctor did head massage on me too or sometimes a foot massage. Anyway, if you ask, they will explain the whole concept of Chinese medicine to you. They also gave me some foul tasting herbs and teas to drink too. But it worked and I'm migraine free now! :D:D:D

So €480 handed over for 8 weeks.... hmmm!
    not sure how confident I would be handed that sort of money over.
    Did you notice any alleviation in pain/discomfort any the first couple of sessions or how did it work out for you??

kormak wrote: »
    So €480 handed over for 8 weeks.... hmmm!
    not sure how confident I would be handed that sort of money over.
    Did you notice any alleviation in pain/discomfort any the first couple of sessions or how did it work out for you??

I know, I nearly died to be honest when he told me the price but I was at a stage where my migraines were so bad that I would go home from work at least three times a week with a migraine. I've had to get my Dad to collect me from the Laurence's centre and drive me home to Dunleer because I literally couldn't see. I was probably on a fast track to getting an ulcer from taking so many painkillers. So I was more than willing to try anything.

I did get relief from the sessions and I did get one major migraine towards the end, but I finished the sessions in May of last year, I've been pretty much migraine free. I still get the odd headache but nothing like I had! So money well sent in my opinion! :)

• Advertisement

I know, I nearly died to be honest when he told me the price but I was at a stage where my migraines were so bad that I would go home from work at least three times a week with a migraine. I've had to get my Dad to collect me from the Laurence's centre and drive me home to Dunleer because I literally couldn't see. I was probably on a fast track to getting an ulcer from taking so many painkillers. So I was more than willing to try anything.

I did get relief from the sessions and I did get one major migraine towards the end, but I finished the sessions in May of last year, I've been pretty much migraine free. I still get the odd headache but nothing like I had! So money well sent in my opinion! :)
    Excellent! good for you...
    I'll call into him and see what he has to say.
    Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 22 snapslam

Could anyone give me contact details for the acupuncture on laurence st and where is it located?

Sorry, but I personally wouldn't recommend the Chinese Acupuncturist beside Staffards.
    Very very pushy for money, insist you buy all sorts of other rubbish as part of treatment, didn't find the acupuncture anyway helpful although the Tu'ina (massage) was good.

I've stopped recommending them after Kormak's experience. Perhaps try the guy who is down from St. Mary's Church? He has been there forever and might not be as money grabby?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bjohnnyb

I've stopped recommending them after Kormak's experience. Perhaps try the guy who is down from St. Mary's Church? He has been there forever and might not be as money grabby?

Jonathan Byrne is in the boyne therapy centre. Www.acupuncture4health.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement