Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discreet Surveillance Gear

Options
  • 17-01-2012 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hey all, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, it was the closest relevant one I could find.

Long story short, we are having a problem with someone interfering with our letter box (apartment complex) and neither the managment company or the gaurds say there is anything they can do!

Does anybody know where I could get some kind of small discreet surveillance equipment that I could use to catch them in the act?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Patolagola

Theres a place that does loads of that stuff, its between bamba toys and smyths just off heanry street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Patolagola wrote: »
    Theres a place that does loads of that stuff, its between bamba toys and smyths just off heanry street.

You mean Maplins on Jervis street.
    They sell overpriced junk, it's ok to browse in there, but never be tempted to take out your wallet. Look up the stuff online and you'll get way better value and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

I was in Maplins once before alright, I didn't think much of their prices.
    There was also another place, on the quays, beside the 'Italian Quarter'...I saw them selling radios/walkie talkies etc... in the window, so I'll give them a look see, though they'll probably be a rip off.

Was hoping to score a bargain online...even some Lidl type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

I was in Maplins once before alright, I didn't think much of their prices.
    There was also another place, on the quays, beside the 'Italian Quarter'...I saw them selling radios/walkie talkies etc... in the window, so I'll give them a look see, though they'll probably be a rip off.

Was hoping to score a bargain online...even some Lidl type thing.

That's CQ Communications. http://www.cqcomms.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

crashplan wrote: »
    That's CQ Communications. http://www.cqcomms.com

I would also consider their prices rather extremely high. Again, all items you see in these places can be bought for a fraction online.

OP: What exactly are you looking for, video or audio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Is this letterbox inside the apartment complex? If so then you may need to obtain permission to install a camera as it is likely to be considered a non-public space. Without permission, any evidence you gather is not likely to be admissible in court. This is important if you are considering legal action.

Try the home security forum here for more info, someone there may be able to point you to decent websites. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

When I was buying tablets off GadgetFreakz, I noticed they do surveillance stuff too.

Might be worth a look.

http://gadgetfreakz.co.uk/cctv-surveillance-equipment.html

Advertisement