Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darts at home

• 17-01-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello folks,
    I used to play a lot of darts including League Darts in London.I haven't played in years and i really would like to get into it again.The problem is room in my house is limited so i am looking at a solution.
    I have trawled the web and seems that the Unicorn on Tour set and the Dartmate set are the only ones.Does anyone know where i can get them in Dublin or which is best? Argos UK seem to have no stock and certainly not Argos.ie. I also cant understand how Rileys are advertising the Unicorn set at 120 euro while its a fraction of that on UK sites.
    Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

i have the dart mate stand, you more than welcome to have it,

you'd just need the unicorn technik cabinet

i took the cabinet off mine and hung it on my wall when i moved house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 radiojay71

i have the dart mate stand, you more than welcome to have it,

you'd just need the unicorn technik cabinet

i took the cabinet off mine and hung it on my wall when i moved house.

Thats very good of you.How much would you be looking for for it?

money????

you taking the pi**.

Free my good man!!!!!!

sure its sitting there in its bag just gathering dust. I wouldnt charge someone for something i dont use :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

money????

you taking the pi**.

Free my good man!!!!!!

sure its sitting there in its bag just gathering dust. I wouldnt charge someone for something i dont use :D

much respect.
    incidentally i use the dartmate in my apartment and while its not without some niggling issues it does the job.

money????

you taking the pi**.

Free my good man!!!!!!

Sorry, no offence intended! ;)
    I just thought with it being an expensive item you may want some recompense!
    Very kind gesture.What next? :)

• Advertisement

Lemegeton wrote: »
    much respect.
    incidentally i use the dartmate in my apartment and while its not without some niggling issues it does the job.

What are the niggling issues? I,m just looking to get started again and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Fair play to you chrisbonnie.

I've been looking for something like the dart mate too for the apartment for the last month or so. 150 pounds sterling is the cheapest price I can find online. I never thought of just asking here for advice first!

Anyone have an answer to the OP's question of maybe a shop in Dublin selling these things? Or if anyone else had one they weren't using, I'd be happy to take it off their hands for them :) Would pay too of course

@radiojay71 - I think the issues the guys are referring too is the board will wobble a bit after each dart is thrown. I'm sure you'd get used to it after a while though. Not ideal, but better than thousands of dart holes in the walls of rented accommodation!

thudd wrote: »
    Fair play to you chrisbonnie.

I've been looking for something like the dart mate too for the apartment for the last month or so. 150 pounds sterling is the cheapest price I can find online. I never thought of just asking here for advice first!

Anyone have an answer to the OP's question of maybe a shop in Dublin selling these things? Or if anyone else had one they weren't using, I'd be happy to take it off their hands for them :) Would pay too of course

@radiojay71 - I think the issues the guys are referring too is the board will wobble a bit after each dart is thrown. I'm sure you'd get used to it after a while though. Not ideal, but better than thousands of dart holes in the walls of rented accommodation!

yeah, it wobbles, there's no denying that.

now its not like you're throwing darts while on a fishing trawler, but a slight wobble.

Radiojay, im in Dublin (tallaght), so if that suits, just let me know

Thudd, if space is an issue, have you seen the unicorn strap type thingy for hanging on a door, very handy device

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I have the DartMate

It's actually brilliant. I don't know are people setting it up wrong but mine doesn't wobble. I do notice that if I'm a little bit quick pulling them out of the board the board might angle a bit off but it's easily rectified.

Changing the board is grand, just screw out the four corners and pop the new one in. I have found now over time that one of them doesn't grip the board anymore but it holds fine with three.

Super purchase, when I got mine it was €109 delivered. Got it on special

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

I've seen this Unicorn door strap thing alright. That's the Unicorn on Tour set the OP mentioned. It looks fairly decent. Good price too.

I could get a MDF panel for behind the board then maybe to protect the door itself from getting damaged. I don't think a run of the mill surround will be enough for me as I'm only starting out. Double top would probably end up as top of the door frame for the first while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Well done, Chris Bonnie. The spirit is strong in this forum! :)

So this is a dartboard that's on a stand rather than up on a wall??

Advertisement