Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few electrical jobs need doing, how long and how much??

Options
  • 17-01-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi everyone,

1st of all sorry if this is in wrong forum, I know there is a quote page so mods move this if you want, I just though may get more traffic here..

I am getting a new kitchen put in shortly, and need to look into having a few jobs done. basically we will be needing a good few extra sockets put in mainly around counter area as there are very few there now. Also we have a sensor in the corner of our ceiling which we need to have moved as new kitchen units are tall and will block it.

I am just trying to get ideas as to how long this kind of job would take and maybe an idea as to going rates at the moment too..

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

as a guideline i would estimate €60 per point
    there will be factors which may change this including chasing/plastering etc
    a day should do all the initial work and then an hour or two to connect appliances once kitchen is fitted
    sometimes its possible to do the wiring on the first morning of the kitchen fit and return in the evening to complete

• Registered Users Posts: 40 bountyhunter87

orlaeryn wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

1st of all sorry if this is in wrong forum, I know there is a quote page so mods move this if you want, I just though may get more traffic here..

I am getting a new kitchen put in shortly, and need to look into having a few jobs done. basically we will be needing a good few extra sockets put in mainly around counter area as there are very few there now. Also we have a sensor in the corner of our ceiling which we need to have moved as new kitchen units are tall and will block it.

I am just trying to get ideas as to how long this kind of job would take and maybe an idea as to going rates at the moment too..

Thank you :)

hi,
    whats your location? a lot of electricians price per point as a guidline. could be roughly 50 a point. a few more could give a hourly rate and estimation of time. the way things are it would probably work out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

andy cuddy wrote: »
    I am an electrician based in north dublin if your nearby call me #### fully insured

hi andy
    welcome to boards
    the forum doesnt allow business advertising here
    its generally to help people out
    (there is a sticky that you can ask the mods to allow your business to be added too)
    this is from the relevant rules

Can I advertise my business here?

In short, no. Advertising for free is not permitted on boards. However, as it is appreciated that many professionals offer advice here FOC, if you wish to post a discreet link in your signature, that is not a problem. Please note that a sticky is now in place on the forum, where contractors who are also boards.ie members may be listed. Drop a PM to the mods if you would like to be included on this list. No discussion of work carried out at cash prices allowed.

i see your first 3 posts are for business advertising
    you may want to edit them
    im not a mod,just pointing you in the right direction

please continue to post your help in this forum though

• Registered Users Posts: 24 orlaeryn

Sorry I am late replying. just to say thank you all for the reply's, it's very helpful to have an idea of what would be the norm price wise for these jobs..Thanks again :)

Advertisement