Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glanbia and their "clever" milk cheque delays..

• 17-01-2012 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Folks,
    I've historically always got my cheque on th e17th if it's a weekday,even on a monday but I notice Glanbia delay it a day when it's a "5 week month" thats the every 3 months or so when they put an extra 4 or 5 days into the milk period for to balance out the 365 days into 28 day months.

Now why do they bother with this delay? does the extra day in the bank mean so much to them?

I know some of ye get paid into the bank direct on the 19th.
    I prefer to have the feel of the cheque in my hand and of course the freedom to do what I like with it.

Anyone else on cheques notice this skull duggery?
    It seems awfull sneaky and I spose if it's a few million,the interest might pay someones wages...

I thought they might end this skull duggery now that they are supposed to be making millions upon top of 10's of millions.

Greed is still good apparently :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i get paid by d/d 99% of the time is in my account the 18th, really dont understand the logic of getting the cheque as it takes a few days to clear, when paid by direct debit you can use the money straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Begob

I can always use it when I lodge,straight away,thats always been the case.
    If I'm in overdraft at the time,I might get charged a few euro's uncleared cheque interest depending on the size of the overdraft but usually never.

If your bank waits 3 days to give value for a cheque,they are not treating you right and I would tell them so!

mines in my bank account, wheres yours?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

whelan1 wrote: »
    but how big is yours:p

leg wax wrote: »
    but how big is yours:p
    wouldn't you like to know:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Have pity on the poor spring calvers who have no cheque or direct credit:(

have pity on the liquid milk farmers milking on christmas day while ye have your feet up:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Begob

whelan1 wrote: »
    In my pocket boring a hole because stupid glanbia dated it january 17th 2011 :mad::mad:

Bank couldn't lodge it and the bank man said I was the 10th or 11th today with the same problem.

Apparently it will be monday before they post out another one.

So what do ye think now lads?

you should get it by direct credit :D:D:D

did ya get your cheque yet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement