Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor - One World *US PACE* [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Lirange

I completely smitten with
    Chelsea: Professional cock catcher <3

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Liking it so far. Not sure what the story is with spoilers (I'm thinking that spoiler tags will get annoying but that's just me) so I'll use tags for the moment.

I really wish that
    Colten had it in him to make a big move but I really think he got in with the girls too early.

I did like the old-school thing of
    letting them grab as much as they could and the fact that the men were smart enough to steal from the women.

It's good to have it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not sure what the story is with spoilers (I'm thinking that spoiler tags will get annoying but that's just me).

Nope, me too.

I've added [** Spoilers **] to the thread title, so fire away. If people come in here before watching it, then tough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Great opener. Delighted to see the old school grab items from the truck back, always enjoyed that!

Gutted Kourtney is gone, by far the hottest of the girls on there! The rest of em aren't too bad either!

Some friction already in the womens tribe and Alicia and the other girl have shown how they won't back down from each other! Had to laugh a Tarzan and the other guy being called Toyzan.

I've a feeling the dwarf guy will go far, strong as hell and could be really good in challenges. Seems liked by all also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Did anyone else get really excited when they saw a midget amongst the castaways?
    I don't care if that's unPC - midgets are awesome!

If himself, the souz chef and Tarzan join forces and go far it could be an epic season... Fantastic amount of eye candy on the women's tribe - with the exception of the one who landed on her face (doubt it was the first time) they're all pretty hot... Rare to get that many hotties in one season of Survivor...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Just watched the season opener.

Delighted. Have to say. It had gotten stale and they needed to shake up the format a little. They haven't done men vs women for a while so thats good and living together on the same beach is genius as it just creates more opportunites for fights. ::D Getting rid of redemption island is a plus too.

The smash and grab and the truck was great and it was typical to see the guys "cheat" and steal stuff off the girls. I'm more amazed nobody saw yourman take the axe though.

The eye candy is pretty damned good. That chelsea chick definately catches the eye.....and the chickens. :p

Why would you go onto survivor without knowing how to make fire? Only two of the girls even had a clue how to do it and even when the stole it they couldn't keep it going. Poor showing ladies. I'm also annoyed at the token gay extrovert. It does gay rights no favour as it portrays all gay men like that. They've done it before and the backlash will probably be the same.

And am I the only one who groaned when they saw the challenge though? Really? First one out is a drop? It was bloody obvious that one of them was going to get hurt. Inevitable, so the showrunners only have themselves to blame. You don't start with a challenge like that.

Overall though, looking forward to the rest of the season. Have a feeling it'll be a great one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Somebody needs to tell the Alpha male alliance that 4 out of 9 isn't a majority. Seriously, are they gonna be this dumb this early on?? Pick up a straggler for god sake!
    Had to laugh at the women's tribe crying foul when the men took the immunity instead of competing. Duh! Its Survivor. Of course you take the win. I like how dirty its started out. The idea of both tribes living on the same beach has started well.
    I hope this Colton guy doesn't go far. He's an absolute cartoon character. Couldn't be any more stereotype. Who acts like this?? Alicia and Matt look like a pair of thundering cocks. Love the social game from the 2 of them. Absolutely no tact right off the bat. Lets see how that works out...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Can somebody PM where I can watch the first episode????:confused:

Great first episode from the off,God the girls are really hot!!!!!!:D Yip loved the way bad dude Michael robbed the axe etc...Pretty vicious between the guys and gals thus far with the chicken episode and the fire,loving it!The boys are thus far playing hard ball and not falling for the women's charms.Matt needs to improve his maths if he thinks a four person alliance is a majority.Can't tolerate Colton,ridiculously camp.He's the tenth member of the women's tribe,idol will not save him long me thinks.Can't for the life of me understand why they could'nt have finished the challenge with eight members each??Damp squib the whole ending,ditto tribal.Going to enjoy the catfights between Christina and Alicia,in addition to Colton and the alpha males Matt etc on the guys tribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Anyone care to predict what happens in the next episode:

My prediction is that the men lose the challenge and at tribal they vote out Troyzan.

• Advertisement

If the men lose the non frat boy alliance indulge Colton's delusions of grandeur for the time being and vote off Matt. If the women lose they'll vote off Christina. However I hope I'm wrong and that it is a bit less predictable than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

Dont like Matt, hes just a pure twat. Do like Michael, thought it was stupid though to tell the Girls who was running the show on the Men camp.

Colton is this season's Cochran, which means long time on camera but no chance of winning! Kid hasn't a clue, best thing is to shut up and plan the game as you see it.

Men did the right thing in taking immunity, although it might come back to bite them come merge time and with Jury votes.

When they get to 14 no doubt Tribe Swap to mix it up a bit, looking forward to seeing it all played out!

For anyone curious about my status in the online survivor game that I am playing through facebook:

Yesterday the remaining 9 merged. There were 5 from my tribe and 4 from their tribe.

We went straight to tribal and my 5 remained tight and we got rid of one of theirs last night (they were really pissed off - he became the fist jury member). Then we had an individual immunity challenge where I was in the final 2 and then won :D

So next tribal is Thursday and I have immunity. The plan is to get rid of another of theirs so that it will be 5 - 2 :D

kingtut wrote: »
    For anyone curious about my status in the online survivor game that I am playing through facebook:

Yesterday the remaining 9 merged. There were 5 from my tribe and 4 from their tribe.

We went straight to tribal and my 5 remained tight and we got rid of one of theirs last night (they were really pissed off - he became the fist jury member). Then we had an individual immunity challenge where I was in the final 2 and then won :D

So next tribal is Thursday and I have immunity. The plan is to get rid of another of theirs so that it will be 5 - 2 :D

How do the challenges work? Are you meant to answer questions/do online puzzles or what?

How do the challenges work? Are you meant to answer questions/do online puzzles or what?

The challenges are done live and through facebook. A few examples:

1) We were given the link to a 10 minute video. After 10 mins the host asked us questions on the video. If you got a question right you moved on etc etc..

2) Company logos posted on facebook (one by one), person to correctly identify the logo first moved on.

If anyone fancies doing a survivor online game I'd happily host it :)
    Any takers??

Join my facebook group if playing an online survivor game might interest you:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/341497709227623/

Lirange wrote: »
    If the men lose the non frat boy alliance indulge Colton's delusions of grandeur for the time being and vote off Matt. If the women lose they'll vote off Christina. However I hope I'm wrong and that it is a bit less predictable than this.

Yeah if the men lose it is likely the non frat boys and Colton will blindside Matt seeing that the alpha males have no knowledge who has the hidden immunity idol,a temporary stay of execution for Colton.Totally agree that he's this season's Cochran,incredibly annoying,loads of air time but no chance of winning.Likely to be Christina or Alicia for the chop on the girls tribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

Episode 2 was a bit better.

Colton was like the lost little boy who had no home to go too, and the women just got pissed off with him. Although the 5 men now in alliance together seem to be happy enough, bet any money now that he wont use the idol come next tribal council!

As for the women they were a joke in the challenges, and as a tribe are just all over the place, a swap or mix up just cant come quick enough as far as they see!

That Colton guy seems a little crazy to guy crying to the girls like that, he has quite an ego too so it will be good to see him eventually brought down. I'm not so sure it was wise telling others he has an idol at this point either.

Monica is an absolute milf!

Kinda surprised that Cat stayed, thought Nina made a pretty good case against her but it wasn't to be. I've a feeling the girls will pull together over the next few weeks and pick up some wins, they badly need to anyway.

Preview for next week looks good too.

Just watched episode 2 and here are my thoughts:
    So Colton acted like a real idiot and a cry baby ... he is not doing himself any favours however I suspect he will go far despite it looking like he will "flip-flop" at will.

The women looked like complete idiots especially when Cat jumped in the water twice for no apparent reason but I had to laugh at one of the other women saying the boobs were hard to get past lol :D:D

It was a pretty funny episode apart from having to see Troyzan in his underwear !! I guess it was no surprise that Nina went home but I was hoping that Cat would go instead (even though she is a hottie in my opinion!)

My predictions for next week:
    The men lose and send Troyzan home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Colton is so annoying. What a whiney little man he is. I do think he will last for awhile though.

The challenge was hilarious. The women really really messed up.

I would have preferred if Cat had gone home. I think Nina would have been better to keep around for physical challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I would have preferred if Cat had gone home. I think Nina would have been better to keep around for physical challenges.

Completely disagree... Cat is hott!
    Nina looks like she's just taken a Rope-Net to the face... ;)

Just watched episode 2 and here are my thoughts:

I think you're confusing Troyzan with Tarzan. Troyzan should be safe as he's in the misfits alliance that Colton is allied with (for the time being).

I really hope Colton does not last long in this game. I'm not sure how much more I can stomach of his antics. It's a big detraction from the show in my opinion. If he was not gifted the idol by Sabrina he would be voted off at the men's first tribal. The men indicated this before being shown the idol. He's there for the mug time not to play the game. His position of power at the moment is completely contrived and undeserved.

Thought it was a pretty dismal episode,delighted the girls sent that idiot Colton packing.In desperation he formed his misfits alliance,yeah his temporary position of power is totally undeserved.The guys will turn on him very quickly,very foolish move made in desperation.Totally agree that his comical presence is very distracting from the game.God the girls really sucked at the immunity challenge.Kat really should have been sent home,having said that she is a real hottie like the rest of the girls.Can't see how the girls are going to turn the game around,other than complacency/overconfidence creeping into the guys game.LOL re Colton's comment that he was a republican and not doing handouts,not too sure there are too many gay republicans with the tea party etc...Ditto Kat's annoyance at Nina throwing her under the bus after she did the exact same to Christina.I can only see another loss for the girls next week and Christina to go,hoping and praying that they keep Monica around!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The next challenge will be a mental/memory one. It has to be. Any challenge that requires some actual physical movement of any kind will only end one way. So they either rejigg the tribes or give the girls a challenge they can win.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ridiculous to choose a team of cheerleaders and put them up against a team as physically fit as the men alright, they probably had >1000 women applying who could have kicked their asses, that would have been more entertaining, we've seen useless 20-somethings lying around doing nothing enough on multiple previous Survivors at this stage.

Kirby wrote: »
    The next challenge will be a mental/memory one. It has to be. Any challenge that requires some actual physical movement of any kind will only end one way. So they either rejigg the tribes or give the girls a challenge they can win.

I'm not so sure about that. The reason they lost the last challenge was because of mental lapses/poor strategy/stupidity not physical inferiority. They have Kat on their team and she'll be an even bigger liability on a puzzle. The balance beam wasn't that much of a test of physical prowess and pure athleticism. I think with Nina gone in just pure physical terms the women should be closer to the men. All the women are easily better than Colton. And possibly Jonas. And most have advantages over the Older Zan and Leif. If it's a challenge that involves swimming Chelsea might just be the best one on the beach. But we haven't even seen a challenge yet to really showcase the athletes.

I got bored and decided to set up a website where I can display all of my survivor collection :o

...if anyone wants to see it please let me know, only about 5/10% complete so far though

Love to view it,can you PM me kingtut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I got bored and decided to set up a website where I can display all of my survivor collection :o

...if anyone wants to see it please let me know, only about 5/10% complete so far though
    Stop asking if anyone wants to see something! If its to do with Survivor of course we want to see it :p

Advertisement