Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotovating a weedy patch

Options
  • 17-01-2012 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Quick question here - I have a patch of ground that I grew spuds in during 2010 but left untouched last year.

It's covered in all sorts of low growing weed & some grass sprigs now and Im wondering if I rotovate it now, will I just be spreading the weeds or will they die when they are rotovated ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Andip wrote: »
    Quick question here - I have a patch of ground that I grew spuds in during 2010 but left untouched last year.

It's covered in all sorts of low growing weed & some grass sprigs now and Im wondering if I rotovate it now, will I just be spreading the weeds or will they die when they are rotovated ?

All you will do is spread the weeds all over the place.

Dig/break the ground with a fork up and remove the weeds,then you can rotivate.

Or spray the weeds with the likes of Weedol and let the weeds die off,then rotivate.

Advertisement