Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripplecom broadband service

• 17-01-2012 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I live an rural part of westmeath and my only option for broadband(pretty loose term it seems) was "Last Mile"

I have had this for about a year and was told I would be getting speeds of 1mb but rarely get over 0.15mb download

When Last Mile was taken over by ripplecom last year I was cautiously optimistic that the service would improve, but it stayed around the same

Around 7 weeks ago I got a call from ripplecom which said I was now eligible to upgrade to their 8mb broadband service which got me excited, I signed up and was told to expect a call back within 2 weeks from the installer to organise a time etc

I rang back 2 weeks later for some information and the lady said "Ohh, i'm sorry I was sure that I rang everybody to say there will be delays with the installations because of the bad weather"(it was a bit windy for two days and it was a bit cold I guess) but not to worry that she would contact me straight away when she had details which she said would be the second week in january at the very latest

So I rang AGAIN yesterday and got the same useless response saying that they now have no information or no timeframe on when their installers will get out to me

I am so mad right now, anybody have any advice or just something to give me hope on this shambles......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Redinstability

noone has any info on these guys?

or any dealings with ripplecom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭mossie

noone has any info on these guys?

or any dealings with ripplecom?

I have had dealings with them in Cork and, to be fair, had no problem. They came to install within about two weeks of my application and came pretty much on time. The actual BB service probably depends on the pre-existing local infrastructure, ie Last Mile where you are and Amocom here. I'm supposed to be on 8 meg but because of my distance from the mast can only get 5 and in reality this varies with the max around 4.8 but probably averages 2.5 -3.5. I have found support to be pretty good but I know that a lot of others on here would disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 librajohn

I live in Clonlost area of rural Westmeath. Broadband service here is diabolical. I have eircom 1 Mb but top download speed is
    speedtest
    I have tried the Rural Broadband Scheme but its worse than Eircom. Have contacted Bounce Broadband but they just don't answer their email or their phone.
    Does anyone have any other ideas?

Advertisement