Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freebie and Cheapo recommendations for Kindle

Options
  • 17-01-2012 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

I got a Kindle as a gift for Christmas and I absolutely love it. I'm an avid reader so to potentially have a hundred books on my person at any given time is quite frankly amazeballs :)

A lot of the classics etc are free and a lot of eBooks are cheap/free but I'd be interested to see if anyone has any recommendations? Obviously I buy a lot of books but nice to get the odd freebie too. There's an exhaustive list of free books but I'd be interested in any first-hand recommendations. I like fiction, no specific genre necessarily.

Am reading Moskovsy Station by Cathy Worthington at the moment and it seems quite good. Just finished The Secret Holocaust Diaries by Nonna Bannister which was pretty harrowing but worth the read.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

I find any of the cheapo books (around 1 or 2 euro) I download are pretty generic American chick lit style books. I have no problem with well written chick lit but these are generic read through the story and then forget them type stuff. Yet to come across something worth recommending but when I do I will recommend.

Saving up for 11-22-63 by Stephen King. Hard times when trying to pull together the 13 or 14 euro it'll cost me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Check out the 'Free Books on the Web' sticky in this forum. I presume that they're for the Kindle and other e-readers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭MarchDub

There's a ton of free stuff. So it depends on what you like to read. I would suggest the works of Anthony Trollope, Somerville and Ross, all of Joyce's works, P G Wodehouse, E W Hornung, Sinclair Lewis, Voltaire - even Shakespeare [including the sonnets]. If not from Amazon then free from Project Gutenberg at

http://www.gutenberg.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

A lot of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle books are free on Amazon for Kindle, and many of Henry James' works are too (a territory between generic chick lit, and Joyce and Shakespear!).

If its good chick lit you're after, Jane Austen is available. :)

Advertisement