Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooked chicken

Options
  • 17-01-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I was wondering would a whole cooked chicken last 3 days at room temp or is it better to place it in the fridge? I will not be reheating the chicken, it will be ate cold, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Definitly put it in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

aujopimur wrote: »
    Definitly put it in the fridge.

+1

basic food handling here.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

You should cover it too, or put it in an air tight container.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Dreamer21 wrote: »
    I was wondering would a whole cooked chicken last 3 days at room temp or is it better to place it in the fridge? I will not be reheating the chicken, it will be ate cold, thanks.

Chicken must be either kept above 72 degrees, consumed or refrigerated within 90 minutes of cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Chicken must be either kept above 72 degrees, consumed or refrigerated within 90 minutes of cooking.

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Minder wrote: »
    Source?
    This is in the uk, so temps are a bit different, food safety

• Registered Users Posts: 39,417 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dreamer21 wrote: »
    Leaving any cooked food at room temp is a bad idea.
    Why would re-heating or not be an issue?
    This is in the uk, so temps are a bit different, food safety

Yeah thats pretty standard for any food.
    If its to be eaten over a long period, you keep it hot. So roast chickens in a supermarket, or a hot food counter. Are all measured to make sure they are above a certain temp.

If its to be stored in the fridge, do it asap. But don't put hot food into a fridge. Leave it to cool for 60-90 minutes and into the fridge it goes.

Advertisement