Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

should we have sympathy for.....

• 17-01-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

people who dont know how to use/ are to lazy to use google?

I think your better of finding out something for yourself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Just ignore them

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You could try this Google search, for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig

You could try this Google search, for a start.

dam dyslexia. still confused how i could word it better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Why didn't you Google this.

Lazy cunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

No I will spare my sympathies for those who have extreme dyslexia this world is closed to them.

IMO the written word has never been so important to the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

What's with people saying "Google [Website]", e.g. "Google xe.com" or typing the website name into google, and then clicking the link on Google instead of going to it directly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

There's a big difference between not knowing how to use something and being too lazy to use it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Those belonging to the former category deserve understanding and help to learn, those belonging to the latter, like those who are too lazy to spell correctly and capitalise words when appropriate, deserve ---:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

We should have sympathy for all the lazy journalists that are going to have to call in sick the day wikipedia shuts down because they won't know how to research anything without it.

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    There's a big difference between not knowing how to use something and being too lazy to use it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Those belonging to the former category deserve understanding and help to learn, those belonging to the latter, like those who are too lazy to spell correctly and capitalise words when appropriate, deserve ---:D:D

you guys are hilarious!! :)

there is a big difference, but when people post a question here that could be easily found out from a quick search, you dont know if their being lazy or just dont know how to do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    We should have sympathy for all the lazy journalists that are going to have to call in sick the day wikipedia shuts down because they won't know how to research anything without it.

That's the point of it - to show what damage SOPA & PIPA will do (♫can't have one without the .. other♫ - both bills really need to pass to pass either of them) - that'll get more organizations opposing them.

Or they'll just make up stuff, they like doing that too.

dont forget the college kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

It depends on the context, doesn't it OP.

If you were a tourist asking for information from locals, how would you like to be told to get lost and use Google.

Context: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76568998

Keep up the good work:mad:

hi tricky D! so glad you weighed in...

my point is, the above poster has ample time to do a google search before they arrive in dublin, and doesnt.

if a tourist was to ask me in person i wouldnt dream of telling them to google it.

i got in trouble earlier for suggesting that the tourist could just look at google for most of their answers.
    I was called rude for defending my opinion that google could answer their questions, not all of, but most.

tricky D then told me i had assumed a lot of things. that simply is not true.

which lead me to ask , why can i not just tell someone to find out some things for themselves when its incredibly easy

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

dont forget the college kids

And right in the middle of my exams.... :mad: :p

The user did use the net to do some research if you read the post properly.

Instead of being helpful, you just gave smarty pants, you've no common sense, answers. Why did you bother posting at all? As smash says, you could always have just ignored it.

bang on, smash is super smart

i commented on the original thread because one person suggested it was a silly question to be asking, and people like yourselves got very offended and lambasted him for a few posts.

all i said to the op was you could have used google and learned for yourself.

my smarty pants answers were for tricky D and proudDUB who told me i was wrong for suggesting google as it wouldn't answer these questions.

it does answer most of his questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Could someone google something for me?

bang on, smash is super smart

i commented on the original thread because one person suggested it was a silly question to be asking, and people like yourselves got very offended and lambasted him for a few posts.

all i said to the op was you could have used google and learned for yourself.

my smarty pants answers were for tricky D and proudDUB who told me i was wrong for suggesting google as it wouldn't answer these questions.

it does answer most of his questions
    Whatever, just don't bother ever going for a job in a tourist office. You'll be crap at it.

Good day to you sir.

• Advertisement

tricky D wrote: »
    Whatever, just don't bother ever going for a job in a tourist office. You'll be crap at it.

Good day to you sir.

you are so easily offended. its quite funny!

as i said, in person im the most helpful dub you will meet

online i have no sympathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

you are so easily offended. its quite funny!

as i said, in person im the most helpful dub you will meet

online i have no sympathy

No, online, your real personality comes out... You were a complete wanker in that other forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

hardly just journalists, I'm taking the day off boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Why, are there plans to scrap Fix it Friday?

As long as it's going who needs Google.

Need an important piece of info?

Just write a letter to the radio and wait two weeks for an answer.

Advertisement