Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We have noisy dogs apparently

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

He did tell me that he didnt get on with the people that lived here.
    I think its a fair bet that if a couple monks from one of those silent orders moved in, he would still find a reason to complain.
    What is funny is, he said "dont be bold" before climbing back up to the perch :D
    Have an African Grey ourselves, but when he is startled or annoyed his language is a little more "colourful" :D On a less funny note, he has taken to singing Pat Shorts "1890 222222" song every 15 mins or so. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭angry kitten

The house was empty, it was then rented and then empty again. He did tell me that he didnt get on with the people that lived here.

I just got a feeling it might have been a history with the house. He may just be an asshole but if he's had major sh**t with the previous tenants he may be on the offensive worrying it may happen again and managing to start it himself. I hope you can sort it out.

I just got a feeling it might have been a history with the house. He may just be an asshole but if he's had major sh**t with the previous tenants he may be on the offensive worrying it may happen again and managing to start it himself. I hope you can sort it out.

Yeah that can happen but thats still no excuse. But as i mentioned earlier he complains to the neighbors on the other side of him also. Yet we have spoken to all other neighbors and they do not have a problem with us.

On a side note, i was washing the dishes a couple of weeks ago and i noticed something moving in the garden. We dont have any cats, so we thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBvW-QIBP_E

Yeah that can happen but thats still no excuse. But as i mentioned earlier he complains to the neighbors on the other side of him also. Yet we have spoken to all other neighbors and they do not have a problem with us.

On a side note, i was washing the dishes a couple of weeks ago and i noticed something moving in the garden. We dont have any cats, so we thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBvW-QIBP_E

Who knows with the guy then? I do know what a nightmare animal hating neighbours are though. Where I live my neighbours have concrete back and front gardens. The kids 2 doors down love our 2 cats and call them to their garden. Now our next door neighbours come out and chase the cats when they walk across the wall on the way to the kids. I actually fell out permanently with them when I caught him trying to lure our cat so he could hit him with a yard brush. Luckily he missed as he took a hell of a swing at him. Yet I don't knock their door when their 20 something year old, still living at home with the parents, kids party until 2 in the morning.

People, go figure.:confused:

But here is the thing. The other dogs in the area are kept out back. On the colder nights they bark for hours on end. I myself get annoyed.

• Advertisement

Its certainly a strange one alright. We had a dog that was walked 3 times a day every day in all weathers when I was a teenager. There was always someone at home and he was never let out on the street and never barked. Really if my parents had him before they'd had kids we probably wouldn't have been born. He was the child they always wanted. One day the lock was left off the back gate for the coalman to deliver but when he called he asked where the dog was. We found him out the front of our house the following day. The vet reckoned he'd been taken, tied up, beaten and then poisoned. He still had rope around his neck and he died. Never underestimate the lengths people can go to.

We had no problems with any of our neighbours but clearly someone was keeping an eye out as the gate was only ever unlocked on a Friday. I'm not suggesting that your neighbour would do it I'm just saying that you can never be entirely sure about your neighbours no matter what they say to your face.

thats a terrible thing. I am ready to go to court over this and infact i am thinking about getting the ball rolling on it. But there is not much i can do yet. Solicitor is all ready should something happen.

The legal route can be hugely expensive so I hope it works out for you. Maybe a solicitors letter might be enough to put an end to the situation. Its always a nightmare where animals are concerned. At the very least if your solicitor wrote to him it might make him realise that you are taking him and the situation very seriously and he can't say you've ignored his complaints.

Advertisement