Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation Diabetes Testing in the Crescent Shopping Centre

• 17-01-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭

Operation Transformation hopes to raise huge awareness to a disease that bears chronic complications for those diagnosed. On Thursday 19th January 2012 Operation Transformation, together with Irish Medical Organisation President Dr. Ronan Boland and the doctors of Ireland, will hold National Type II Diabetes Day. The IMO will provide doctors from 9 am - 12 noon in 9 centres throughout the country where people deemed high-risk after completing a risk assessment form will receive a free capillary prick test. These tests provided by appointment only.

To test if you are at risk please download, print and complete this Diabetes Risk Assessment Form.

IF YOUR TOTAL SCORE ON THIS FORM IS 10 OR HIGHER and you wish to be screened at your nearest location (see list below) on Thursday 19th January please follow this procedure:

1.) Send an email containing your name, address, telephone number and the name of the centre you wish to attend to: ot@rte.ie You will be contacted by phone to confirm your appointment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i've seen this (my wife watches it) and i'd sooner recommend people go to their own GP for an appropriate medical assesment than filling out a form for a tv show tbh.

OT: the girl on it from limerick is gorgeous! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

xsiborg wrote: »
    i've seen this (my wife watches it) and i'd sooner recommend people go to their own GP for an appropriate medical assesment than filling out a form for a tv show tbh.

OT: the girl on it from limerick is gorgeous! :o

There will be approx. 6 GP's performing the screenings in the Crescent and it's free! The form is to evaluate your risk of developing diabetes.

Advertisement