Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

terminal chip and pin leasing cost

Options
  • 17-01-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

I went into aib and asked them to sort me with a chip and pin terminal for my shop. Now i didnt sign a thing and got this letter with equipment from First Data.

Are the prices ok and if not what should i be looking to get it for.

Prices:

48 month lease at 25 + vat p/m

Going to call them tomorrow.

The way the letter is written makes it sound like i agreed to this already. What do you think is going on there?

Thanks,

Boggy
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

bogwalrus wrote: »
    Hi There,

I went into aib and asked them to sort me with a chip and pin terminal for my shop. Now i didnt sign a thing and got this letter with equipment from First Data.

Are the prices ok and if not what should i be looking to get it for.

Prices:

48 month lease at 25 + vat p/m

Going to call them tomorrow.

The way the letter is written makes it sound like i agreed to this already. What do you think is going on there?

Thanks,

Boggy

Depending on your turnover, the Merchant Service charges might be a lot more important than the actual monthly terminal lease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have a payzone terminal. It handles phone credit, bill pay and credit/debit card payments. They charge me 15 euro per month + VAT and rolls are free.

You also need to look at the costs per transaction.

What have they quoted you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

I'm not sure of the charges. i think i have a sheet somewhere. I'm going to call the fella i was dealing with and see if i can get out of this lease. Would you recommend payzone then?

Advertisement