Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whatsapp disappeared from App Store

• 17-01-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭

Had to do a Restore as New with my phone due to a software glitch, see thread below on Unfixable iPhone for more info, and I'm currently in the process of reloading my previously downloaded apps from the App store.

It now seems that WhatsApp had disappeared from the store completely, rendering my previous purchase of it useless. Trying to download from the WhatsApp.com site just directs to the App Store and displays a "Your request could not be completed" message!

I found some info here:

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/01/whatsapp-messenger-disappears-from-the-app-store
    UPDATE

we have learned more about why WhatsApp was removed from the App Store. In a Twitter update posted from the @WhatsApp Twitter account, the developer explains:

WhatsApp Inc. @WhatsApp

Sorry, WhatsApp is temporarily unavailable on iTunes. We submitted a new version and are awaiting approval and publication by Apple

This is due, we understand, to security risks similar to those cited by The Verge recently. As the app’s developer notes, a new version should be available soon – we’ll keep you posted.

SECOND UPDATE

I’ve just received an email from WhatsApp: apparently, the reason for the app’s removal has nothing to do with the aforementioned security issue. The company “can’t comment on the issue further,” but wishes to “avoid having incorrect information” circulating online. Take from that what you will.

:confused:

I'm not sure if it has something to do with the various hoax messages being distributed?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement