Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cottage utility bills - estimate?

Options
  • 17-01-2012 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea of what the utility bills would be for a small 2 bed cottage. There are a few that I will hope to be looking at, so not sure about type of heating in each.

I'd probably be working from home (laptop on) 3 or 4 days of the week, so would be there all day on those days. Remainder of week I'd be there at evenings only.

Also I would be the sole occupant of the house. Any sort of rough idea on the figures will be fine, just to get an idea. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I'm living on my own in a 3 bed cottage at the moment and pay about 60-70 euro in ESB every 2 months. That includes running an electric fencer, as well as other 'normal' but high usage appliances such as clothes dryer, kettle, etc., as well as occastionally using a dehumidifier (eats electricity) and an electric fan heater the odd time. It also includes having a light on 24-7, a radio on for about 4-5 hours a day, and a laptop most evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

In fairness nobody can tell you with the info you have provided. No mention of actual size, construction nor heating type. This is a "how long is a piece of string" question

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

convert wrote: »
    I'm living on my own in a 3 bed cottage at the moment and pay about 60-70 euro in ESB every 2 months. That includes running an electric fencer, as well as other 'normal' but high usage appliances such as clothes dryer, kettle, etc., as well as occastionally using a dehumidifier (eats electricity) and an electric fan heater the odd time. It also includes having a light on 24-7, a radio on for about 4-5 hours a day, and a laptop most evenings.

Thank you, very helpful post

Advertisement