Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt flagging email

Options
  • 17-01-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Just received the email below..
    Somehow i got a feeling, that i received this, since ESB thinks that i have some unpaid debts to them? But i havent..Or do i have arrears that im not aware off?

Is it just me, or could the wording be little bit better? This is propably sent to everybody to inform ab. the change, i hope so..

Dear Customer

The Commission for Energy Regulation (CER) decided that a debt flagging process was to be implemented from the 17th of October 2011 in both electricity and gas markets for customers switching energy providers.

This will mean if you choose to switch your energy account to another energy supplier, but you are in arrears in excess of all levels set for all customers by the CER, this will be highlighted to your new supplier.

Your new supplier will then decide whether or not to proceed with your switch. For more information please see electricireland.ie/debtflagging or see CER 11/106 on www.cer.ie

Although you have opted out of receiving marketing material via email, Electric Ireland are obliged to send you this information as a courtesy note.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Finnteme,

No cause for alarm. :)

This is a piece of general information that we have communicated to all Electric Ireland customers. It does not necessarily mean there are any issues.

For further info, have a look from question 9 onwards in the second section of this link.

Hope that helps,
    Una

Advertisement