Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would I get one of these PVC Pieces?

• 17-01-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out as to where to find one of these pieces please?

Screenshot2012-01-17at191634.png

I know B and Q nd hardware stores do these:

PPONS46WHI.jpg

But I need the long side open. It is being used as a glide rail for a camera so that these sit on to 2 long pvc pipes and slide up and down, and can be taken off at any time as these pipes will be secured to a plank of wood. Can anyone help please?

Cheers,

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Could you clamp one of the closed ones and carefully cut it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

But I need the long side open.
    So while you're down at B&Q get yourself one of these and cut the side off
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa9cyIczWSPGbqTLSB6vITSHRse4v4WYBTO5D9BSR15qN6Fyw_sA

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

wait4me wrote: »
    Could you clamp one of the closed ones and carefully cut it?

I was thinking of that but I need 4 of them to be perfect, as it has to glide smoothly so not sure how I would get them spot on. + they would be hard to cut with the curve i'd say..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Get a ruler and make 2 lines each side. Cut with the hacksaw and use some sandpaper to clean the cut edge.
    I have never seen those T pieces you linked to here.
    You would probably be better off buying polypropylene it slides better than PVC, B+Q sell it.

Advertisement