Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

Oh dear... Thats just shocking. Hahaha fck me thats shocking.

Some fan eh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ush wrote: »
    Liverpool, if they win it, should look embarrassed to be there. Hopefully they won't celebrate it too much.

bc45e9d8.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Embarrassed to win a cup???
    I've heard it all now :rolleyes:
    While it might not be first on the list of preferred trophies,nobody goes into the league cup to be knocked out.

United,Chelsea and Spurs have all won it in the last 5 years and all celebrated it without embarrassment,why should Liverpool celebrate it any differently??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Some fan eh.

There seems to be one in every Superthread these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Ush:join date May 2005.. the month he started following Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The more I think about it, a few of those recent posts may actually be a new low for Liverpool supporters on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Can someone post a link to that add-on for Chrome that fully hides ignored users post's, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Can someone post a link to that add-on for Chrome that fully hides ignored users post's, thanks

Who said that?!! ;)

The pre-match feature by ESPN is actually sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Kess73 wrote: »
    Given that our league form to date could mean that a place in the Europa league let alone the CL could be beyond us through the league, I would be delighted to have a European slot sewn up through the Legaue cup next

Ok. Fair enough. Which of the two of us is being the more negative?

'Cos I'm genuinely worried about the team's focus. There's the reality that our squad has shortcomings. I still think the culture of the club should the respect the occasion of a cup final. But deep down we should think that this is beneath us. For me its not negativity, its an arrogance that we should possess.

Don't want to mention his name, but there's a black lad playing at a rival club; he said something about being enbarrassed to play in the Europa league. And I'm a bit concerned that we're getting our excuses in early for an eventual non top 4 finish.

Now, I hope you have a blast at Wembley. I'm taking the day off work to watch it with mates. And I'll get my concerns to myself. But you know I'm uneasy with this domestic cup focus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Home to Stoke in the next round if we get there. Tough enough.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Home to Stoke if we get through. I'll take that. Have to beat Brighton first though obv.

Stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

The pre-match feature by ESPN is actually sickening.

I missed that, what was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

But you know I'm uneasy with this domestic cup focus.

And the opportunity to win 2 trophies isn't important ?? Liverpool Football Club is there to win trophies...ALL trophies to challenge for EVERYTHING, to say one is lesser than another is to go against the history of the club, but also to say that the last 6 years of the club were great years.

We haven't won a thing in 6 years, we need to start breeding a winning mentality in our squad to give the players the taste of big finals, what it means to win trophies , I mean Dirk Kuyt hasnt won a thing since he arrived at the club, only Gerrard,Carragher and Reina have a medal while wearing the red shirt. No better time to start than next week

Jayob10 wrote: »
    I missed that, what was it?

Suarez affair again.

Had Patrick Barclay interviewed among others.

Am i reading this right?? Liverpool players should be embarrassed for winning a cup???? :eek::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

'Cos I'm genuinely worried about the team's focus. There's the reality that our squad has shortcomings. I still think the culture of the club should the respect the occasion of a cup final. But deep down we should think that this is beneath us. For me its not negativity, its an arrogance that we should possess.

Don't want to mention his name, but there's a black lad playing at a rival club; he said something about being enbarrassed to play in the Europa league. And I'm a bit concerned that we're getting our excuses in early for an eventual non top 4 finish.

Now, I hope you have a blast at Wembley. I'm taking the day off work to watch it with mates. And I'll get my concerns to myself. But you know I'm uneasy with this domestic cup focus.

He sounds like a tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The only cup you don't celebrate is the Charity Shield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

We have won the league cup more than any other side

When or why would it ever be beneath us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Embarrassed to win a cup???
    I've heard it all now :rolleyes:
    While it might not be first on the list of preferred trophies,nobody goes into the league cup to be knocked out.

United,Chelsea and Spurs have all won it in the last 5 years and all celebrated it without embarrassment,why should Liverpool celebrate it any differently??

Yes, I remember how embarrassing the 70's & 80's was.....bloody cups everywhere!

We have won the league cup more than any other side

When or why would it ever be beneath us

The game has moved on.

The game has moved on.

Either way, I've never seen any club no matter how big or small. successful or not being embarrassed to win a trophy.

You really are talking through your arse on this one.

Its the Carling Cup. Has it come to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

The game has moved on.

Winning a trophy, any trophy for that matter, is not embarrassing.

Liverpool have a realistic chance of winning silver wear and should grab it with both hands.

• Advertisement

Hopefully Stoke knock us out if we get through. It'd be embarrassing to win that trophy!!

Its the Carling Cup. Has it come to this?

A trophy Liverpool have won more than any other club...is that an embarrassing record for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

If Liverpool win today they will face Stoke at Anfield in the last eight. Pretty happy with that draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Winning a trophy, any trophy for that matter, is not embarrassing.

Liverpool have a realistic chance of winning silver wear and should grab it with both hands.

You've made willmunny1990 post sense ush....think about that.

murpho999 wrote: »
    A trophy Liverpool have won more than any other club...is that an embarrassing record for you?

The game has moved on. All focus should be on regaining CL status. If they're worth their salt, the league cup won't mean much to them.

• Advertisement

You've made willmunny1990 post sense ush....think about that.

He's gonna take the piss out of us if/when we win it.

The game has moved on. All focus should be on regaining CL status. If they're worth their salt, the league cup won't mean much to them.

All focus should always be on the next game!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

The game is still about winning trophies

ideally we can do both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

He's gonna take the piss out of us if/when we win it.

That's nonsense. Why would anyone take the piss out of a club for winning a trophy bar they didn't deserve it or something outrageous happened that determined the outcome?

I will applaud and congratulate Liverpool if they win.

Yes, but winning that trophy could do wonders for their confidence and enable them to go on a run that might get them a CL place.

Yes, but winning that trophy could do wonders for their confidence and enable them to go on a run that might get them a CL place.

Good job real fans don't hold the same opinion as him or Anfield would be empty today.

monkey9 wrote: »
    All focus should always be on the next game!!

I'm talking expectations over a season. And a Carling Cup victory, great as it is, should go over soon. I don't want 2011/12 remembered as the season we won the league cup. Losing the final would be a disaster. Last season's is remembered for who lost it and not who won it. CL qualification is minimum requirement for me.

I'm talking expectations over a season. And a Carling Cup victory, great as it is, should go over soon. I don't want 2011/12 remembered as the season we won the league cup. Losing the final would be a disaster. Last season's is remembered for who lost it and not who won it. CL qualification is minimum requirement for me.

Well you are forgetting that LFC have not qualified for 2 seasons, and are rebuilding and are a work in progress. CL qualification this season whilst would be of great benefit is by no means guaranteed and it really is something we should be working towards next season by eventually building a title challenging squad.

If you truly see yourself as belonging in the Champions League, then I don't think it does have that confidence boosting effect. Arsenal expected too much from it and it blew up in their faces.

If you truly see yourself as belonging in the Champions League, then I don't think it does have that confidence boosting effect. Arsenal expected too much from it and it blew up in their faces.

Your argument is ridiculous especially as Arsenal lost!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I bet ush also has a thing for lamps.

Well you are forgetting that LFC have not qualified for 2 seasons, and are rebuilding and are a work in progress. CL qualification this season whilst would be of great benefit is by no means guaranteed and it really is something we should be working towards next season by eventually building a title challenging squad.

In the medium term I'm worried about us getting into these fruitless Wenger three year plans. I think the focus should be on CL qualification. Ruthlessly, at all costs. To maintain our status in the game globally, we need to be competing there. I don't think those fans in emerging markets, that FSG base their business model on, have the interest in a club's history that we do. Walking out on the Wembley pitch doesn't have the same status for them. We can fall quickly here. Thats why I'm worried about the focus. Throw the fans some domestic cup success to buy some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who is this fella?

Your argument is ridiculous especially as Arsenal lost!

Yes Arsenal lost and how we laughed. They desperately needed that cup didn't they?

But where are you getting this from? Of course Liverpool want to get a Champions League spot. It's what Kenny wants. I'm sure the goal is to finish in the top four and win a trophy.

People may say it's only the Carling Cup, but i'll be gutted if we lose next week. Absolutely gutted. Winning trophies at Wembley is always special!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    But where are you getting this from? Of course Liverpool want to get a Champions League spot. It's what Kenny wants. I'm sure the goal is to finish in the top four and win a trophy.

People may say it's only the Carling Cup, but i'll be gutted if we lose next week. Absolutely gutted. Winning trophies at Wembley is always special!!

I'm just concerned that it could be used as expectation management. We'll look stupid if we lose. But win it, jump about a bit and then forget it. As soon as you win it, get a bad attitude toward it and none of this career highlight stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

mike65 wrote: »
    Who is this fella?

Its ush

he speak in riddles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

AIB ONLINE SCAM

I shouldn't really post this here but I wouldn't want any of you lads to lose thousands of Euro so check out this other Boards link and keep an eye out (or act if you think you might have been affected!!!)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77174678#post77174678

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Soooooo happy with the performance and the result. Too many good things about the game to mention.... home quarter final and Wembley next weekend, lovely stuff.

Delighted for Carra aswell, I'm sure he'll break the record shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I guess ush will be most unhappy with that. Tough! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement