Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Kess73 wrote: »
    In the league? No.

We have not even won three in a row in the league this season.

We have won two games in a row in the league only three times this season.

As well as having only won two games from the last ten, we have also lost four games during the same period, so out of a possible thirty points, we have taken ten.

That's not good enough for Liverpool F.C. I don't care who is managing or who is playing, that is simply not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

jank wrote: »
    He doesn't really endear himself to the neutral now does he!

Why should he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Jank, your faux concern for my club is hilarious to say the least. You said it right in that post of yours I quoted in the match thread.

Your post from the match thread: read the bit in bold :pac: Some form of Freudian slip?
    Look, I have been out plenty of times on this side of the world watching many a soccer game, Everything from World cup knock outs games to EPL, CL and La Liga. At all hours of the night. Nothing should excuse what happened. Drink or no drink invovled. The closest I got to any thing like this was a few years ago in NZ when Arsenal were playing spurs at 2:00 am!. About 10 v 10. All fair game but as usual one or two take it personally. It was all good. Arsenal won 3-0 in the end!:D

What I was tonight was a disgrace and I hope the bar in question will consider their continued support for this supporters club. Somehow I am not surprised though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

mixednuts wrote: »

I admire the optimism of those who say we aint out of it .., we so fcukinh are it's not funny after a £100million (yes million) outlay :(

When the hangover passes and you realise we spent £0 improving the squad and also apparently reduced the wage bill last summer, perhaps things won't seem so bad?

I hope they put some (smart) money in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

***warning I'm drunk ! *****

We didn't play that bad but Arsenal were really poor for long spells so I think that flattered us .

Adam should be moved on , yes sold . he offers nothing either offensively or defensively .

Pepe probably broke even today . Saved some sure goals but was poor for both .

Carra: thanks mate - a trooper for many a season but the legs ain't there . He played Persie rather than the cross for the first goal and got caught out.

Downing is such a frustrating see-saw player . You never know who is gonna show up , himself and Carroll are going to be a drain on the books for many a season .

Kenny suffered from a bit of rabbit in headlights syndrome if you ask me . He seen the team play a great passing game around a poor Arsenal side and probably said to himself that this was the way he wanted us to play . But frankly just like many times this season it reminded me of a piss horn ...
    Looks great but fook all penetration .
    Subs should have come quicker .

I admire the optimism of those who say we aint out of it .., we so fcukinh are it's not funny after a £100million (yes million) outlay :(

ha, that bolded bit may not be the most eloquent thing i have ever read, but fair play mate, i think that sums up so many of our performances this year. might look the part, but no cut and thrust to the team at all. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Tusky wrote: »
    We are barely challenging for top 4 though. Look at the league table, we are just 3 points above Stoke and 4 above West Brom and Norwich, who are 10th.

Also, how can Kenny reasonably ask for more money to spend? We still need a striker, we still need a winger and we still need a central midfielder, despite splashing out on all of those positions.

5th + a cup should be the absolute minimum requirement considering the investment, but would still ultimately be a disappointment. At the moment, even that looks unlikely. Chelsea are having a mare of a season while Arsenal have been incredibly weak also, yet are still 10 points ahead of us.

I think people are being far too easy on Kenny in many ways. 2 wins in our last 10 league games and just 4 wins at home all season, scoring just 15 goals. That's 5 less home goals than Blackburn, who are 3rd from bottom, and the same as Bolton, 2nd from bottom.

The signings have not been good enough and the team has barely improved compared to last season as a result. I've been saying it all year.

Steve Kean to replace Kenny?? :)

When Kenny first came in, he was so refreshing. He had different tactics for each game, and was able to surprise the opposition with different formations.

This season, he has abandoned all of that, and we have, by and large, played one tactic all season, whether it was working or not. His use of subs today was a complete joke, and it's only the fact that it is Kenny Dalglish that is stopping every single fan coming out to criticize his performance.

Fourth is gone. And we are already in the Europa League, so I would hope and pray that Shelvey, Coates, Robinson and even Sterling/Suso get some gametime soon.

Do you think our line ups and formations have been very predictable?? I would say the complete opposite to be honest. I'm disappointed that we haven't a settled formation at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

I think Liverpool should have went after Moyes, or Martin o'Neil. Or even Mark Hughes! Getting Kenny in was the easy move, made the fans happy in the short term but untimely was a gutless decision and showed how insecure the new owners are at the moment. They knew that the last owners were hated and wanted to win the fans over first. That is a recipe for mediocrity as it will take ALOT for them to sack him. Liverpool the new Newcastle? It was akin getting Keegan back a few years ago. As I said, getting in someone like MON would have been the brave thing to do. Liverpool FC will be paying for that for a while.

Whatever about the other two I had tp laugh at that one.

Firstly, I don't think we are making ourselves a worse team by picking Coates ahead of Carragher and Shelvey ahead of Adam.

Robinson should certainly be getting some games to get him ready to be second choice left back next season.

At a very minimum, Sterling should be on the bench for every game (at the expense of one of the 3/4 defenders that usually populate our dugout) and he can be brought on any games we are comfortable or when we need some different attacking options.

I'm not asking us to drop quality players for kids. I'm asking us to give some of them a chance ahead of players who are average at best right now - Carra, Adam, Henderson, Kuyt.

Yes, it's important to finish as high in the table as we can, but we will never get a better chance to blood promising youngsters. Not all at once, but lets give them a chance. It will get all our pulses racing, if nothing else.

Of course we will get a chance to blood the youngsters. It's important not be disrespectful to people like Carragher, Kuyt and Coates by putting unproven youngsters in the squad ahead of them for important league games.

Coates wouldn't be long leaving if players like Robinson were making the squad ahead of him. I would see the Europa League next season as an excellent opportunity to try out a few of the younger players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

And I think from yesterday's performance Carra is finished at this level. It is extremely disappointing to think that we have spent over 80mil on Downing, Carroll, Adam and Henderson.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Ridiculous, he's worth far more than that.
    Really, why is that? He was bought for almost 23 million, why would he be worth far far more than that 12 months later, after the hassle he has caused and his ok, but average strike rate. 25 or so million would be not be a bad price. Don't say something stupid like 50 million
    Yes he is.

He is not a bad player but lets not make out that he is world class. Torres was world class, Owen was world class. You cant say that about LS.

No, he's not.
    Fair enough.
    Says who?
    Your CEO.
    http://www.football365.com/liverpool/7558503/DC-Reds-won-t-splash-cash-again
    I'd be more worried about Arsenal with regards to winning trophies to be honest.
    Me too, but 3rd place is now up for grabs. Would I swap CL football next year for a Carling cup, would you?
    LOL Insecure? What the hell are you blathering on about?
    Bringing back a legend of a manager to steady the ship is all very "newcastle". It would be like sacking Wenger and bringing back George Graham. Singing up a manager who has not managed in top flight football in over a decade, to manage a big a team as liverpool? I dont know, I just dont get it apart from winning over the fans. Kenny will get alot more leeway than other newer managers.
    They won a lot of fans over by you know, ousting the previous owners?
    Yeap, and used that goodwill to do what? 12 months on, Liverpool are 1 point better off, all be it a game less player. Not much progress considering the money they spent. It is a long term project which should have a long term manager, Kenny is not that.
    Kenny won't need to be sacked. He'll do right by the club and step down if/when the time is right.
    Who would you like to take over in that case?
    Doubt it. But good post though, thanks for contributing.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

I've seen in the odd post the denial that 100m was spent on improving the squad. What are lads getting at here? I know suarez and Carroll were funded by the torress deal, but what about the rest?

I think one of the major reasons that we haven't seen the Carroll-Suarez partnership flourish is because of our in-capabilities in central midfield.

For example, Kenny couldn't have started with Carroll and Suarez up front yesterday, because it would have resulted in a midfield partnership of Spearing and Adam being over run.

In fact I reckon that midfield partnership would be over run by the majority of PL teams. Kenny had to throw Henderson into the centre to steady the ship, which meant leaving Suarez up front on his own. Suarez is not the strongest in this role. This coupled with players like Kuyt on the wings does not provide a system that will score many goals. Wingers in this type of a system need to be top players like Robben and Duff were for Chelsea under Mourinho, like Dyer and Sinclair are for Swansea(they have the pace to play in such a system, albeit not the best players technically), like Messi and Sanchez for Barcelona etc.

We need to sign at least one new experienced proven midfielder in the summer and then resort back to a simple 4-4-2 formation or a 4-4-1-1. I would suggest Keita from Barcelona or Kess has suggested a few brilliant contenders on here in the past. I think that one player would solve alot of problems in the team. It would result in partnerships like Lucas-Keita, Lucas-Gerrard and Adam could be thrown into the equation if necessary. It would result in us having a midfield partnerships with genuine quality that we can rely on, which would allow Carroll and Suarez to work the magic up front.

If we could add another winger like Hoilett to the team and another striker, then I reckon we would have a squad capable of finishing in the top 4. We have to go for proven experienced players and I would prefer if we kept away from buying British players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd buy British!, Fletcher and Jarvis the former is what Carroll should be - a goal-snafler while Jarvis can play either flank and knows how to deliver a ball that beats the first defender and scores as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

this has been tried and tested all week on fifa...

carroll in a hole position. just behind suarez..

works a charm on fifa so it does!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Vanolder wrote: »
    I've seen in the odd post the denial that 100m was spent on improving the squad. What are lads getting at here? I know suarez and Carroll were funded by the torress deal, but what about the rest?

Not only were Suarez and Carroll funded by Torres but his wages probably equate to the same as we now pay both of them. We also sold in the last few windows.

Meireles - £11m
    Babel - £6m
    Mavinga - £1m
    Insua - £1m
    Aquilani - £6m (Needs to play a few more games and automatically is bought by AC)
    Ayala - £1m
    Ngog - £4m

Also we pretty much gutted the team in terms of squad players to reduce the wage bill.

Insua, Konchesky, Jovanovic, ElZhar, Kyrgiakos, Ince, Poulsen, Pacheco and Cole were either moved on permanently or on loan.

I am not defending the spending of the raised money but just answering the question asked. I think what we have been doing is rebuilding rather than building. An actual net cash injection in the summer to actually start building will hopefully happen.

Opr

Cattermole booked in the first minute of the Newcastle v Sunderland match and will miss now miss the upcoming game against us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Really, why is that? He was bought for almost 23 million, why would he be worth far far more than that 12 months later, after the hassle he has caused and his ok, but average strike rate. 25 or so million would be not be a bad price. Don't say something stupid like 50 million
    Firstly, his Liverpool strike rate has plenty to do with the players currently around him rather than his own ability. He is not an out and out front man but is often played as such, and that is not his strength. Secondly, you've gone from saying you'd bite their hand off for £25m to saying it wouldn't be a bad price. Which is it? It's all moot anyway - his value in any hypothetical sale would be determined by LFC, not the buyer...
    He is not a bad player but lets not make out that he is world class. Torres was world class, Owen was world class. You cant say that about LS.
    I'm not going to comment on this as the definition of "world class" is entirely subjective. But would you describe Torres as "world class" now? At his age he should be in his prime. Maybe it's something to do with the system he's put in at Chelsea combined with the pressure placed on him. Funny that.
    Comolli is director of football, not CEO. :confused: And that is a meaningless soundbite. What's he supposed to say? "We need to spend big in the summer to correct past mistakes"? Or, "Some of these players need replacing as they're not good enough"? All said when we were, at the time, still in with a shout for fourth, and in the latter stages of the FA cup? Get real. Anyway, how does not needing/wanting to spend big equate to not having money to spend? Quite a jump there.
    Me too, but 3rd place is now up for grabs. Would I swap CL football next year for a Carling cup, would you?
    Gah, a ridiculous argument. It's not an either/or scenario. The Carling Cup win isn't the reason we're going to miss out on CL football this season. If your lot hadn't imploded against Birmingham last season, they'd have had both, just as United and Chelsea have had in recent seasons. Even if it was a choice, it's not as clear cut a decision as you make out. One season maybe, but what is it now... seven?
    Bringing back a legend of a manager to steady the ship is all very "newcastle". It would be like sacking Wenger and bringing back George Graham. Singing up a manager who has not managed in top flight football in over a decade, to manage a big a team as liverpool? I dont know, I just dont get it apart from winning over the fans. Kenny will get alot more leeway than other newer managers.
    Once again you're spouting nonsense. KK was brought in to steady the ship on a SHORT TERM basis while a long term solution was being decided upon. In the meantime he proved himself to be still able to manage and our league position improved drastically after he took over from Roy Hodgson. In other words, he had to earn the permanent job, it wasn't just handed to him to appease the fans... And I've already addressed the whole leeway thing. KK will do right for LFC, even if that means stepping down for someone else. As for Henry, his track record at the Red Sox suggests he is a very fair owner - loyal when it's deserving, ruthless when it's for the good of the team.
    Yeap, and used that goodwill to do what? 12 months on, Liverpool are 1 point better off, all be it a game less player. Not much progress considering the money they spent. It is a long term project which should have a long term manager, Kenny is not that.
    I don't understand your point. What has the goodwill of the fans towards the owners got to do with the position the club is in now??
    Who would you like to take over in that case?
    Wenger. Proven track record and will likely be available in the summer. EDIT: Just in case people thought I was being serious with this one!
    Thanks
    You're most welcome.

I've taken the liberty of projecting the results between now and the end of March for the teams battling it out for coveted 4th position.

The points take from each game for each of the teams listed is listed under 'Points'.

LFC CFC ARS NewC
    Points Points Points Points
    3 Sunderland v Liverpool 1 Chelsea v Stoke 1 Arsenal v Newcastle 1 Newcastle v Sunderland
    3 Liverpool v Everton 0 Man City v Chelsea 1 Everton v Arsenal 1 Arsenal v Newcastle
    3 QPR v Liverpool 1 Chelsea v Tottenham 1 Arsenal v Aston Villa 3 Newcastle v Norwich
    3 Liverpool v Wigan 1 Aston Villa v Chelsea 3 QPR v Arsenal 0 West Brom v Newcastle

Which will leave the end of March Premier League Table as follows:

Pos Team P GD Pts

4th Arsenal 31 ? 55
    5th Liverpool 30 9 51
    6th Chelsea 31 ? 49
    7th Newcastle 31 ? 48

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Certainly a few liberties taken there alright!

• Advertisement

Hilarious optimism tbh, 4 wins? 4 wins in a row???? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I've taken the liberty of projecting the results between now and the end of March for the teams battling it out for coveted 4th position.

The points take from each game for each of the teams listed is listed under 'Points'.

LFC CFC ARS NewC
    3 Sunderland v Liverpool 1 Chelsea v Stoke 1 Arsenal v Newcastle 1 Newcastle v Sunderland
    3 Liverpool v Everton 0 Man City v Chelsea 1 Everton v Arsenal 1 Arsenal v Newcastle
    3 QPR v Liverpool 1 Chelsea v Tottenham 1 Arsenal v Aston Villa 3 Newcastle v Norwich
    3 Liverpool v Wigan 1 Aston Villa v Chelsea 3 QPR v Arsenal 0 West Brom v Newcastle

Pos Team P GD Pts

4th Arsenal 31 ? 55
    5th Liverpool 30 9 51
    6th Chelsea 31 ? 49
    7th Newcastle 31 ? 48

Sunderland away next week will be an awful whore of a fixture for ye. For anyone really.

mike65 wrote: »
    Hilarious optimism tbh, 4 wins? 4 wins in a row???? :eek:

Let me check that.

Yes, four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Certainly a few liberties taken there alright!

Definitely.....can't see Chelsea picking up that many points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

LFC CFC ARS NewC

Pos Team P GD Pts

4th Arsenal 31 ? 55
    5th Liverpool 30 9 51
    6th Chelsea 31 ? 49
    7th Newcastle 31 ? 48

That is just a tad optimistic given our form. Our best run of wins in the league this season is two games. Four in a row just seems beyond us tbh.

It is also very optimistic to expect Chelsea to win none of their next four games and for Arsenal and Newcastle to only win one of their next four.

If anything it highlights just how much we are relying on others to stumble to a huge degree whilst at the same time our own form needs to become perfect.

That is just a tad optimistic given our form. Our best run of wins in the league this season is two games. Four in a row just seems beyond us tbh.
    We don't need four wins on the trot. We've done two in a row... just need to do that twice, back to back :pac:

It is also very optimistic to expect Chelsea to win none of their next four games and for Arsenal and Newcastle to only win one of their next four.

If anything it highlights just how much we are relying on others to stumble to a huge degree whilst at the same time our own form needs to become perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

We don't need four wins on the trot. We've done two in a row... just need to do that twice, back to back :pac:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Cant see us getting 3 points from Sunderland the way they're playing recently , id take a point there tbh.

• Advertisement

Hoki wrote: »
    Cant see us getting 3 points from Sunderland the way they're playing recently , id take a point there tbh.

No, that completely ruins my projections.

I think we can throw The Rigger overboard, poor lads raving! :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Not sure if you noticed but there was only 1 banner on the kop yesterday,this was in tribute to Alex Jarmay.Here is a post form Irishkop and a few pics...
    barnieslad wrote: »
    Alright lads and lasses.

I've had a call from Huddy tonight saying Alex Jarmay was one of his lads and they were all out together on that terrible night in Camden. They're making a special remembrance banner tonight in town and they'd like it to be the only banner in the Kop tomorrow.

I've immediately stood down the OTK banners and I'm requesting that all other banners should be stood down for this one game too.

Thank you.

x2b4311b7.jpg

alex1p.jpg

alex2k.jpg

ripalex.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

**** wrote: »
    In fairness it was a ridiculous dive, as bad as you will see all season.

Did i say it wasn't a dive, maximum contact, minimum contact or trip over laces? I didn't question that. Thats the luck of the draw and what the referee thinks on the spot, sometimes it goes for you, sometimes against.

The reaction to it and all the replays was as if Suarez was the first player in the history of football to win a soft penalty.

If he was english or gareth bale nothing else would have been said. When arteta when down yesterday in the second half sky shower replay after replay of it, was the necessary after discussing it at half time?

Maybe he was taking acting classes while he was suspended?

Pathetic Joke is Pathetic.

He doesn't really endear himself to the neutral now does he!

Think any Liverpool fan gives a shít? Some of the best players are/were assholes.

Sessègnon picks up a straight red so I presume he is out of the match against us also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

AVB has been sacked, Rafa?

Edit, seems not, Di matteo for rest of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bring in Vilas Boas for when Kenny packs it in :pac:

Since July 2010 Torres has seen four of his managers sacked. Benitez, Hodgson, Ancellotti, AVB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Dub13 wrote: »
    Since July 2010 Torres has seen four of his managers sacked. Benitez, Hodgson, Ancellotti, AVB.
    ..and I'd still have him back at Anfield in a heartbeat...

form is temporary, class is permanent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I hope Rafa has a large glass of cop-on and stays a million miles away from them .:o

Firstly, his Liverpool strike rate has plenty to do with the players currently around him rather than his own ability. He is not an out and out front man but is often played as such, and that is not his strength. Secondly, you've gone from saying you'd bite their hand off for £25m to saying it wouldn't be a bad price. Which is it? It's all moot anyway - his value in any hypothetical sale would be determined by LFC, not the buyer...

Well then why buy him and play him in that position? Who is your out and out striker? Carrol? Kenny bought both of them didn't he? His value would be in the mid 20 million or so. I think I am being fair. Your the person that said no, it would be far higher. So what is your figure?
    I'm not going to comment on this as the definition of "world class" is entirely subjective. But would you describe Torres as "world class" now? At his age he should be in his prime. Maybe it's something to do with the system he's put in at Chelsea combined with the pressure placed on him. Funny that.

Agreed, but world class strikers normally cost more than 30 million which is a bracket that I would not right now put LS in. He may prove me wrong. Torres is a shell of the player he was. Have no idea what is up with him. But he WAS world class when he was with Liverpool, there is no denying that. As was Owen in his early days before his hamstrings started to go.
    Comolli is director of football, not CEO. :confused: And that is a meaningless soundbite. What's he supposed to say? "We need to spend big in the summer to correct past mistakes"? Or, "Some of these players need replacing as they're not good enough"? All said when we were, at the time, still in with a shout for fourth, and in the latter stages of the FA cup? Get real. Anyway, how does not needing/wanting to spend big equate to not having money to spend? Quite a jump there.

Sorry, got the job title wrong. He is dampening expectations that there will be as much money to spend as was spent in the past 12 months. That is all I am saying. I never said he will have 0 money to spend. I said "less".
    Gah, a ridiculous argument. It's not an either/or scenario. The Carling Cup win isn't the reason we're going to miss out on CL football this season. If your lot hadn't imploded against Birmingham last season, they'd have had both, just as United and Chelsea have had in recent seasons. Even if it was a choice, it's not as clear cut a decision as you make out. One season maybe, but what is it now... seven?

You mentioned being worried about Arsenal, but Arsenal's current league position never mind its off field foundation (new stadium, long term finances etc.) is better than Liverpool. In this day and age, Top 4 is more important than a Carling cup or a FA cup for obvious reasons. Of course both are better!
    Once again you're spouting nonsense. KK was brought in to steady the ship on a SHORT TERM basis while a long term solution was being decided upon. In the meantime he proved himself to be still able to manage and our league position improved drastically after he took over from Roy Hodgson. In other words, he had to earn the permanent job, it wasn't just handed to him to appease the fans... And I've already addressed the whole leeway thing. KK will do right for LFC, even if that means stepping down for someone else. As for Henry, his track record at the Red Sox suggests he is a very fair owner - loyal when it's deserving, ruthless when it's for the good of the team.

Yes, I agree with that and in a way you agree with me. Even you dont have faith in Kenny long term. He should have been replaced with another manager last summer and the new manager given funds in a 4-5 year rebuilding project. At the very least with Kenny D, we can see that he will be there at the start of the next season. How long should he stay? Is short term 2-3 years? If the owners are serious about rebuilding then shouldn't they have a manger to suit? I just don't get it, apart from making the fans happy as I mentioned. It would be alot more risky in getting a Martin o'Neil. It could have all gotten pete tong OR Liverpool might be up in 3rd place. To me it was the safe option and still is. Safe will get you 6th or 7th place but a decision has to be made and its better if it were made sooner. Would you not agree?

I don't understand your point. What has the goodwill of the fans towards the owners got to do with the position the club is in now??
    If Roy was the manager of the club in its current position, there would be open revolt within the fan base. Kenny just seems to get a lot more slack because of his past achievements, which is understandable. Happy fans = owners owners. That is all I am saying.
    Wenger. Proven track record and will likely be available in the summer. EDIT: Just in case people thought I was being serious with this one!
    Wenger will go out of his own accord and you can be damn sure that they will have a plan to get someone in long term to replace him and continue on the project of running Arsenal FC.

Roy Hodgson for Chelsea.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sessègnon picks up a straight red so I presume he is out of the match against us also.

Won't have to worry about Cattermole injuring one of our players too after his straight red card at the end there.

Well then why buy him and play him in that position? Who is your out and out striker? Carrol? Kenny bought both of them didn't he? His value would be in the mid 20 million or so. I think I am being fair. Your the person that said no, it would be far higher. So what is your figure?

Agreed, but world class strikers normally cost more than 30 million which is a bracket that I would not right now put LS in. He may prove me wrong. Torres is a shell of the player he was. Have no idea what is up with him. But he WAS world class when he was with Liverpool, there is no denying that. As was Owen in his early days before his hamstrings started to go.

Sorry, got the job title wrong. He is dampening expectations that there will be as much money to spend as was spent in the past 12 months. That is all I am saying. I never said he will have 0 money to spend. I said "less".

You mentioned being worried about Arsenal, but Arsenal's current league position never mind its off field foundation (new stadium, long term finances etc.) is better than Liverpool. In this day and age, Top 4 is more important than a Carling cup or a FA cup for obvious reasons. Of course both are better!

Yes, I agree with that and in a way you agree with me. Even you dont have faith in Kenny long term. He should have been replaced with another manager last summer and the new manager given funds in a 4-5 year rebuilding project. At the very least with Kenny D, we can see that he will be there at the start of the next season. How long should he stay? Is short term 2-3 years? If the owners are serious about rebuilding then shouldn't they have a manger to suit? I just don't get it, apart from making the fans happy as I mentioned. It would be alot more risky in getting a Martin o'Neil. It could have all gotten pete tong OR Liverpool might be up in 3rd place. To me it was the safe option and still is. Safe will get you 6th or 7th place but a decision has to be made and its better if it were made sooner. Would you not agree?

If Roy was the manager of the club in its current position, there would be open revolt within the fan base. Kenny just seems to get a lot more slack because of his past achievements, which is understandable. Happy fans = owners owners. That is all I am saying.

Wenger will go out of his own accord and you can be damn sure that they will have a plan to get someone in long term to replace him and continue on the project of running Arsenal FC.
    This is just going to go round and round in circles. You apparently agree with some of my points, and I agree with some of yours. The reason I responded to you in the first place was because I didn't think you were interested in plain old discussion, but rather I thought you were on a wind-up. So I'm leaving this here.

This is just going to go round and round in circles. You apparently agree with some of my points, and I agree with some of yours. The reason I responded to you in the first place was because I didn't think you were interested in plain old discussion, but rather I thought you were on a wind-up. So I'm leaving this here.

LOL, don't doubt me next time.

• Advertisement

LOL, don't doubt me next time.
    Oh, I still think you were on a wind-up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

the way i see it is we actually play nice football with emphasis on attack. we have a mean defense, im not sure but i think its the 2nd best in the league. but our biggest problem has been finishing our chances. sort that out for next season and we will walk into the champions league places. it is not all doom and gloom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

ricero wrote: »
    the way i see it is we actually play nice football with emphasis on attack. we have a mean defense, im not sure but i think its the 2nd best in the league. but our biggest problem has been finishing our chances. sort that out for next season and we will walk into the champions league places. it is not all doom and gloom

agree 100%, a good finisher in that team and we would be in the cl places, we are playing better than we have for a while, still frustrating but promising. need more consistant perfomances and a potent new striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Why couldnt we have signed pogrebnyak :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I hope Rafa has a large glass of cop-on and stays a million miles away from them .:o

Hope so, too. But at the same moment, I have that strange feeling, that he will take over the job in the summer :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement