Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

daithijjj wrote: »
    Our entire starting XI that took the field against Arsenal had 12 league goals.

Please stop with the factual pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

SlickRic wrote: »
    first of all, thanks for the reminder about Enrique. he's bedded in so well i'd forgotten he was a new signing.

Carroll has been ok. he hasn't really got a run of games, and while he's never worth what we paid, when he's gotten a run he's looked effective enough. don't get me wrong, he ain't a success yet, but he's ok.

Downing is starting to improve, but overall, hasn't been a success either, but the signs are there.

the thing with Adam IMO, is that his assists actually mask his overall contribution to the team for a central midfielder. he fouls far too much, goes for the Hollywood pass more than Gerrard, doesn't seem to have the confidence or composure to control a game, rarely picks the right option in attacking positions, and has hit maybe a half-dozen good dead balls in his time at the club.

i actually don't think he's capable of a higher level than we're seeing. i believe Downing and Carroll have shown better signs. that's just my uneducated opinion though, and i hope he proves me embarrassingly wrong.

but Spearing controls a game better than Charlie. and that's not good enough really.

Take a look at how many minutes Carroll has actually played in the EPL. I know I was surprised with how many he has actually played when I checked it a month or so ago. Then once you have that total look at the amount of league goals he has.

If you think that 3 goals from a club's main striker against the amount of game time he has had is ok then our standards have really dropped.

You rightly, imho, say that Adam's stats mask how ineffective he has been, yet despite Carroll not even having average goal stats to mask his poor season you call his contribution to the team this seasn ok.

Carroll has been poor. The excuses that get made for him can be laughable at times. I hear on a regular basis about how he needs to get fit. The guy was declared fit in March of 2011, he had the tail end of last season, plus a full preseason last summer and yet people have right up to loast month still trotted out getting fit as an excuse for him. At this stage I just think the club made a massive mistake and spent a fortune on a very limited player who had a six month purple patch.

Downing has looked like a waste of money as well this season. Granted the guy has a terrible front line ahead of him, but his own play has been pretty average at times.

Adam is a squad level player who for some reason got put straight into the first team.

Henderson is not good enough for the first team at present and has gotten pretty much close to a first team player amount of game time.

Basically the club has bought in a pretty awful fashion in terms of the big money signings, and with a number of players in the squad coming towards the end of their careers (and as such will need to be replaced soon), we are fast approaching a time when we need to spend money to replace the aging players as well as still being in a postion where we need to buy players for the exact same positions that we bought for in 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

SlickRic wrote: »
    ffs.

Liverpool only have 30 Premier League goals this season.

RVP has 25.

500full.jpg

Take Van Persie out and they still have the same amount of goals as us. Depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

daithijjj wrote: »
    Our entire starting XI that took the field against Arsenal had 12 league goals.

So do we sign a striker or change the midfield again? Kuyt, Suarez, & Maxi did well last year, and Bellamy has been excellent, so is it just the case that Adam and Downing aren't doing enough? Or would a centre-forward be the answer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Knex. wrote: »
    Take Van Persie out and they still have the same amount of goals as us. Depressing

But on a good note without his goals they would be 17th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its worth looking back to last spring to see how things were and could be again but how does the club shift on Carroll? Who'd buy him?

mike65 wrote: »
    Its worth looking back to last spring to see how things were and could be again but how does the club shift on Carroll? Who'd buy him?

We got rid of N'Gog handy enough. Just sayin'...

I think a genuine goal scorer would go a LONG way to painting over our issues.

We create enough chances, and get the balls into the right area's enough of the time to realise the only area on the pitch where we're really lacking is up front.

12-0 on corners on Saturday tells its own story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

2011 was one of the poorest calendar year's in the transfer market for Liverpool that I can personally remember. Downing, Carroll, Henderson and to a lesser extent Adam (on a cost basis, and my impresssion that he's a squad player rather than in the best 1st XI) have by any metric been a failure this year. Maybe next year will be different. Kind of mocks the whole 'foreigners take time to settle' mantra. Bellamy has been a success as has Enrique. The bulk of the funds went on the sort of player that would never get a game in any top side in Spain, Italy or Germany and that would struggle to get in the side for any of our rivals for 4th spot. Any of the above going to get into Arsenal, Chelsea or Newcastles side?

Unbelievable to think that Newcastle now have 2 new strikers better than Carroll after his departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Kess73 wrote: »
    Adam is a squad level player who for some reason got put straight into the first team.

Henderson is not good enough for the first team at present and has gotten pretty much close to a first team player amount of game time.
    You can dress it up whatever way you want Kess, but the simple fact is that our strikers are f**king sh!t. Carroll and Suarez should be sent packing.

Yes I agree Henderson and Adam are nothing but a pair of sh!theads, but the real problem is Carroll and Suarez. 2 bloody donkeys. I'd sooner take my chances with the strikers in the Irish squad.

How Damien Comolli is still employed by LFC is a mystery to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Up to your usual standard of detailed analysis there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You can dress it up whatever way you want Kess, but the simple fact is that our strikers are f**king sh!t. Carroll and Suarez should be sent packing.

Yes I agree Henderson and Adam are nothing but a pair of sh!theads, but the real problem is Carroll and Suarez. 2 bloody donkeys. I'd sooner take my chances with the strikers in the Irish squad.

Yes get rid of one of the two players who can provide us with the moment of magic in a game to get a result. Good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yes get rid of one of the two players who can provide us with the moment of magic in a game to get a result. Good man.

Aye, madness. Suarez might only have 6 goals but he is net contributor i would say, occupies defenders, makes intelligent runs. I believe we'll see more from Mr Suarez next season !

Carroll. I'd sell him in the morning. No chance tho, who would pay more than 10% of what we paid for him.

Some excellent analysis there.

Wow.

Pretty sure a lot of that post would be a yellow card offence at least.

Lets see now - Carroll & Suarez should be sent packing? Carroll, I can't entirely disagree with, but Suarez, one of the very few shining lights of the current Liverpool squad?? I think YOU should be sent packing man.

Getting a little personal about Henderson and Adam aren't ye? I really don't know them well enough to conclude if what you say about them is true or not, so I'll have to reserve judgement there. However, if we were to talk playing ability / impact, I'd have to state that Adam s rubbish, and Henderson does indeed have potential, and for once this season I can honestly say I was impressed with the lad on Saturday.

Now, go off and have a cookie, I think your sugar levels might be a little too low right now :)

Turtyturd wrote: »

Where are the goals? Suarez hardly ever scores. How is he even for assists? Not the may west I'd bet.

Where are the goals? Suarez hardly ever scores. How is he even for assists? Not the may west I'd bet.

Uggghh....I refuse to discuss anything with someone who types sh*t like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

In 24 games this season he has 10 goals and 7 assists. OMG rubbish!!111!!!!!111

Some excellent analysis there.

Wow.

Pretty sure a lot of that post would be a yellow card offence at least.
    Why? For daring to doubt Suarez's genius?
    Lets see now - Carroll & Suarez should be sent packing? Carroll, I can't entirely disagree with, but Suarez, one of the very few shining lights of the current Liverpool squad??
    Where are the goals though? That's his job.
    Getting a little personal about Henderson and Adam aren't ye? I really don't know them well enough to conclude if what you say about them is true or not, so I'll have to reserve judgement there. However, if we were to talk playing ability / impact, I'd have to state that Adam s rubbish, and Henderson does indeed have potential, and for once this season I can honestly say I was impressed with the lad on Saturday.
    When I said a pair of sh!theads I meant that they are not fit for purpose. I'm sure they are lovely lads, and you'd have a pint and some craic with them.

We've got to face facts, and call it as it is. You may love Suarez, and he's a very good player, but Stoke City and Everton have scored more goals than us this season.

Bite the bullet and spend on a top striker this summer. It has to be done. Plenty of deadwood on big wages that can be moved on to free up some savings.

I know we are bottom with chances converted but we must be up near the top in terms of chances created this season.

Huntalaar please......

:D

Bad day?:)

Look back at what I posted over the last few days, you will see that I have criticised the strike force so not sure what it is that I am meant to be dressing up.

As for Comolli, well it has been made crystal clear that he does not decide on what players are bought.

Comolli has come out and said that he presents Kenny with lists and Kenny has the final say if any of them are gone for or if Kenny wants to go after players he prefers instead.

John Henry has said in public that Kenny has final say on players.

Kenny has said in public that he has final say on players.

So hard to see how Comolli can be blamed for the players that are chosen as the ones the club bid for.

In 24 games this season he has 10 goals and 7 assists. OMG rubbish!!111!!!!!111

I personally don't think that's good enough. He's a very good player but shouldn't be exempt from criticism. We've still managed to generally dominate possession with an average midfield. Not enough end product from Suarez and Carroll.

• Advertisement

Top goals scorer at the club this season and as far as I know the player with the most assists as well.

He may not be doing as well as many hoped in some respects, but he is still the best of the bunch right now and is putting the likes of Carroll, Downing, Henderson, and Gerrard firmly in the shade in terms of what an attacking player should do.

Suarez deserves criticism at times, but those doing worse than him in terms of attacking play deserve even more criticism.

Why? For daring to doubt Suarez's genius?

No, he is a genius, everyone can see that. I dare people to think where we'd be this season without the 17 goals he's contributed towards.

Where are the goals though? That's his job.

He's scored 10, assisted in 7. Not exactly Van Persie level I'd admit, but far above a poor return.
    When I said a pair of sh!theads I meant that they are not fit for purpose. I'm sure they are lovely lads, and you'd have a pint and some craic with them.

We've got to face facts, and call it as it is. You may love Suarez, and he's a very good player, but Stoke City and Everton have scored more goals than us this season.

Which is not Suarez' fault. He's not an out and out striker, never has been. He's always done best with another striker beside him.

When I saw the team on Saturday with him up top on his own (though it seemed Kuyt played a fair bit up top) I let out a little groan of pain.

We need another, top class striker to really complement Suarez. I'd love to see Torres play alongside him TBH... :(

In fact at this stage, I'd like to give Maxi a run out up top alongside him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Bite the bullet and spend on a top striker this summer. It has to be done. Plenty of deadwood on big wages that can be moved on to free up some savings.

I know we are bottom with chances converted but we must be up near the top in terms of chances created this season.

Huntalaar please......

Would love him, but will take quite a large bid to take him from FC Huntelaar 04. They're so dependent on him its ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Suarez is probably the best player Liverpool have at the moment. However there is a strong chance he won't be at Liverpool next season and that opens up a lot of issues for Kenny. They'll probably get top dollar for him - who knows, maybe 50 million, but I hope they manage to reinvest it in a more positive way.

I thought I read somewhere that Adam has 11 assists in the league alone this season.

I thought I read somewhere that Adam has 11 assists in the league alone this season.

Not for Liverpool though.

:p

Agree. If we're to keep Carroll, then maybe we should be bringing in an older sharp shooter like Podolski or that Barca player...can't remember his name.

As for Comolli, well it has been made crystal clear that he does not decide on what players are bought.

Comolli has come out and said that he presents Kenny with lists and Kenny has the final say if any of them are gone for or if Kenny wants to go after players he prefers instead.

John Henry has said in public that Kenny has final say on players.

Kenny has said in public that he has final say on players.

So hard to see how Comolli can be blamed for the players that are chosen as the ones the club bid for.
    I personally don't believe that. Comolli is director of football. The whole "Kenny has the last word" is just to appease the English media obsession with the manager being the main man with 100% control. Business doesn't work like that. Even if it did, somebody should be looking at Comolli's lists. How did some of these guys even make it onto the lists?

They were 'likely assists' where if he had passed the ball we would likely have scored.

He has a goal for Blackburn though.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Would love him, but will take quite a large bid to take him from FC Huntelaar 04. They're so dependent on him its ridiculous.

They certainly got a bargain by buying him for €12m.

I reckon it would take £20m -£25m to get him now, and given that he is 29 this August, I am not sure I would want to see that money spent.

Think I would sooner take a big chunk (or most likely all plus a bit) of that money and try for someone like Welliton at Spartak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Knex. wrote: »
    Interesting article that sums it all up for us in the League this year.

http://www.eplindex.com/11007/liverpool-dominate-match-fail-win-usual.html

I agree completely with this. I think pretty much in every home draw and the loss to Arsenal we were the 'better' side. Also the losses away to Stoke and Fulham we could say we dominated the match. We are getting outplayed by very few teams this year. We are not as far behind the others as our points total suggests, except in the finishing department and probably set-pieces as well. We have just dropped a sickening amount of points because we don't have the firepower, and Lucas's injury hit us badly as well.

Lucas back next year will solve the problem about tackling stats where teams have seemingly found an edge on us in recent months.

What needs to be done up front? If at all financially viable, a bold decision needs to be taken - we need to give up on Andy Carroll. He has shown some promise, he probably has a future as a good Premier League striker, but I don't believe he will ever be a success at Liverpool or that his style of play is suited to a team with ambitions of pushing at the top end of the table. He's a bit like the Roy Hodgson of strikers imo - look at WBA, they're doing fantastically under Roy who did a similarly great job at Fulham. But I have no doubt that he would have continued to be a disaster at Liverpool due to his playing style. The same goes for Andy. I think he can be successful at a mid-level Prem side, but not at Liverpool. It is plainly obvious that he is incapable of playing fast, smart, pass and move football that almost all top teams play. I don't think he has the potential to improve this side of his game to the extent required.

We need to accept this was an awful piece of business and hopefully cutting our losses can be made more palatable by the fact that we benefited from an even worse piece of business by Chelsea. If we can get between 10-15m for Carroll he should be sold in order to fund a new striker. Otherwise he should go on loan to continue his development and hopefully raise his value and be sold at a future date.

We need to spend big on a top striker, who is quick, intelligent and most of all knows where the back of the net is. That is it, first and foremost. Other areas of the team can be improved but nowhere near as much as this. If we do no other business in the summer other than spend 25-40m on a striker that I know will be top class and score goals I will be happy.

• Advertisement

Agree. If we're to keep Carroll, then maybe we should be bringing in an older sharp shooter like Podolski or that Barca player...can't remember his name.

I personally don't believe that. Comolli is director of football. The whole "Kenny has the last word" is just to appease the English media obsession with the manager being the main man with 100% control. Business doesn't work like that. Even if it did, somebody should be looking at Comolli's lists. How did some of these guys even make it onto the lists?

I would be quite surprised if all the players we bought were players that Comolli alone picked out.

I have a feeling that if we had a non british manager last summer that you would have seen more players from mainland Europe come in.

And nobody is saying that the manager has 100% control. Just that the manager gets the last say on whether he would want a particular player or not. The whole money side of things with negotiations, transfer fees etc would be out of the manager's control.

Suarez should be sent packing.
    He's a very good player but shouldn't be exempt from criticism.

Which is it? :confused:

Adam has 11 assists. Just checked, it's actually in the fantasy football.

That would include being fouled for a penalty afaik.

Suarez has 3 assists in the league btw joint 2nd in that departmant with Dirk.

Morzadec wrote: »
    I agree completely with this. I think pretty much in every home draw and the loss to Arsenal we were the 'better' side. Also the losses away to Stoke and Fulham we could say we dominated the match. We are getting outplayed by very few teams this year. We are not as far behind the others as our points total suggests, except in the finishing department and probably set-pieces as well. We have just dropped a sickening amount of points because we don't have the firepower, and Lucas's injury hit us badly as well.

Lucas back next year will solve the problem about tackling stats where teams have seemingly found an edge on us in recent months.

What needs to be done up front? If at all financially viable, a bold decision needs to be taken - we need to give up on Andy Carroll. He has shown some promise, he probably has a future as a good Premier League striker, but I don't believe he will ever be a success at Liverpool or that his style of play is suited to a team with ambitions of pushing at the top end of the table. He's a bit like the Roy Hodgson of strikers imo - look at WBA, they're doing fantastically under Roy who did a similarly great job at Fulham. But I have no doubt that he would have continued to be a disaster at Liverpool due to his playing style. The same goes for Andy. I think he can be successful at a mid-level Prem side, but not at Liverpool. It is plainly obvious that he is incapable of playing fast, smart, pass and move football that almost all top teams play. I don't think he has the potential to improve this side of his game to the extent required.

We need to accept this was an awful piece of business and hopefully cutting our losses can be made more palatable by the fact that we benefited from an even worse piece of business by Chelsea. If we can get between 10-15m for Carroll he should be sold in order to fund a new striker. Otherwise he should go on loan to continue his development and hopefully raise his value and be sold at a future date.

We need to spend big on a top striker, who is quick, intelligent and most of all knows where the back of the net is. That is it, first and foremost. Other areas of the team can be improved but nowhere near as much as this. If we do no other business in the summer other than spend 25-40m on a striker that I know will be top class and score goals I will be happy.
    I commend you, sir. An excellent post. Get this guy in as director of football asap. Comolli must be ousted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think we should just buy Odemwingie, Yakubu, Ba and Fletcher and see which combination works out...

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Adam has 11 assists. Just checked, it's actually in the fantasy football.

That would include being fouled for a penalty afaik.

Suarez has 3 assists in the league btw joint 2nd in that departmant with Dirk.

The number of assists are going to be naturally low, given that we score so few. Is there any way to get the stats on chances created?

They certainly got a bargain by buying him for €12m.

I reckon it would take £20m -£25m to get him now, and given that he is 29 this August, I am not sure I would want to see that money spent.

Think I would sooner take a big chunk (or most likely all plus a bit) of that money and try for someone like Welliton at Spartak.

Excellent player. Certainly one of the more talented young strikers that have evaded the radar of a lot of clubs.

Another I'd like to see made moves for would be Derdiyok of Leverkusen. One of Europe's best prospects imo. Add in his international team mate Xhaka and that would be a great transfer window.

Which is it? :confused:

Let's just say, if we were offered 50million for him...would you let him go for that? I don't think that would be bad business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

We'd be just as dependent upon him. Which is why I think we actually need to buy a pair of strikers. Maxi can move on. Bellamy, as much as we love him, has dodgy knees. Kuyt may well have reached the end of the road, even though he could easily prove me wrong. Suarez is getting juicy offers from all sorts of CL suitors. And Andy Carroll is Andy Carroll.

I think we'd be better off with a pair of strikers who finish the season with 15 goals each; rather than one RvP.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Excellent player. Certainly one of the more talented young strikers that have evaded the radar of a lot of clubs.

Another I'd like to see made moves for would be Derdiyok of Leverkusen. One of Europe's best prospects imo. Add in his international team mate Xhaka and that would be a great transfer window.

The first time we're really disagreeing on players man :D He ain't a prolific goalscorer and has never really been that for Basel and now at Leverkusen. Good little player but not what we should be looking at.

Great shout on Xhaka. Another of his current team mates in Dragovic would be well worth looking at as well.

As for Derdiyok, I like him as a player but would not see him as the man to lead the line at Liverpool. Rather I think he would be a great foil for a prolific striker. He just does not score enough or get in enough goal scoring chances for me to think of him as a main striker.

Welliton would be my top choice. Genuine pace, as skillful as Suarez, uber comfortable with quick clever football, good with either foot, can play as a poacher or on the shoulder of defenders, and above all has a real poacher's instinct. Personally I think he has it all to be lethal in a league like the premiership and put some clver mobile players around him and you would have an attack that would drag defenders all over the place. He only turns 26 late this year so has years ahead of him.

The first time we're really disagreeing on players man :D He ain't a prolific goalscorer and has never really been that for Basel and now at Leverkusen. Good little player but not what we should be looking at.

First time for everything :D I wouldn't put him on his own, but stick him alongside Huntelaar I'd think that he'd do well. He'd be back up to Suarez rather than a first teamer.

Anyway, I'd rather Barrios or Llorente :pac: Neither would be available however

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭budgemook

ush wrote: »
    We'd be just as dependent upon him. Which is why I think we actually need to buy a pair of strikers. Maxi can move on. Bellamy, as much as we love him, has dodgy knees. Kuyt may well have reached the end of the road, even though he could easily prove me wrong. Suarez is getting juicy offers from all sorts of CL suitors. And Andy Carroll is Andy Carroll.

I think we'd be better off with a pair of strikers who finish the season with 15 goals each; rather than one RvP.

Funny you say that, when we signed Torres and Voronin, that's what I thought we were after getting :)

Let's just say, if we were offered 50million for him...would you let him go for that? I don't think that would be bad business

Of course, I wouldn't turf him out though and I don't think any club will offer £50m for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Anyone else think we play with more fluidity when everything doesn't have to go through Gerrard in CM .

Or am I getting confused with Carroll not being on the pitch so the ball stays on the deck more ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Huntalaar please......

I don't think buying a poacher would just fix all or most of Liverpool's problems tbh. I see a lot of people saying it but it's far too simplistic imo. Most of the season (Arsenal game an exception) the team has struggled to create clear cut chances, especially at home against organised teams.

I think you need one, if not two quality wingers, a high quality CM, another centre back (as good back up) and two strikers (one fairly high quality)

I'd get rid of Maxi, Carragher and maybe Kuyt as well. I'd move Carroll on if someone was willing to pay £10m for him. He doesn't fit the team's style and doesn't look like he's ever going to. Again, if ye could get £10m for Downing, I'd probably take it.

And all those players that you need to get in, get them in for decent value from foreign markets.

I know that's not going to happen in one Summer as it's not football manager but that's the sort of direction Dalglish should be looking towards imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

have to agree with Morzadec. we have not been that bad this season. but we havent been putting away our chances. weve played some teams off the park, beaten some of the top teams extemely well and won a cup.

that not bad for a team that is getting to know itself. next season, hopefully we make better signings, though i think all our current new signings will play much much better after having this up and down season. the disapointment as well as the feeling of success should "galvanise" them. Hopefully the will not make teh same mistakes again next year.

we should be looking to do well this year, buy good in summer, have a better chance of qualifying (and staying in) the champions league. after that, we can attract the big names we all want to see.

I say give Kenny another year, and give the lads a chance!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Anyone looking for Kenny's head is just crazy!
    We will look back at this season and think 6 more goals and we have a champions league spot, Its been a very unlucky season, Yet to hit a good run, Never won 3 on the bounce ,
    If we do hit a good run of 5 wins 4th still possible
    Our squad is strong, But who do we get rid on in the summer/
    Spearing
    Kuyt
    out

In
    Cavani
    Alonso

Game on

Blatter wrote: »
    I don't think buying a poacher would just fix all or most of Liverpool's problems tbh. I see a lot of people saying it but it's far too simplistic imo. Most of the season (Arsenal game an exception) the team has struggled to create clear cut chances, especially at home against organised teams.

I think you need one, if not two quality wingers, a high quality CM, another centre back (as good back up) and two strikers (one fairly high quality)

To win/compete for a title we need all of this, to make a decent fist of 4th I think another striker is all we need. I don't think it has to be a poacher though, even another Suarez type player who'll at least take the attention of him would be a huge start. If you play Liverpool at the moment every teams knows that Suarez if really the only man to worry about so he'll be marked a lot tighter and have more players sticking close to him, that's bound to create extra space so if we had a player like that then Suarez himself would have more space and most likely get more goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

argosy2006 wrote: »
    In
    Cavani
    Alonso

stop_dreaming.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement