Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭DonalK1981

Exactly. People need to face the fact that the Carroll transfer has not worked. As our options are limited up front (with Suarez out and Kuyt horribly out of form) I don't have problem with Carroll continuing in the side this season, if he gets a decent run it might increase his resale value. Because of his age and "potential" there are sides who would be interested in the summer at around the £14-16 million sort of mark, and i think this is a loss on a player we should stongly consider taking. When Robbie Keane was ditched early on some reports say we got 16mil (some say 12 million) and this was good business for us in hindsight. If we sold Carroll at a loss of 20 million, that is the sort of figure we have blown on Downing and Aquilani yet those deals get little attention in comparison. I think there would be plenty of takers for him if the price is right.

That sale of Robbie Keane cost Liverpool the league title that season. I cannot ever get to grips with that piece of business, no cover for Torres that season when he got injured. Lack of goals saw a swing of 14 points to Utd, and we went from top to finish second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I think Rafa would be too divisive an appointment for the owners to even consider. IIRC, around 40%+ of our fanbase were in favour of sacking him two years ago, it's hard to come back from that.

I'm sure we will assess things at the end of the season, but I just cannot see how the owners could possibly sack Kenny. It would be PR suicide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

We sold players and our squad needed a lot of replacements. No denying we lost a lot of talent in the previous 12 months, but . . .

We spent over 100 million filling those holes. I'm not sure if it would have been possible to spend that money any worse.

If you offered Carroll, Downing, Adam and Henderson on the open market now (80m plus of signings), they wouldn't be worth half of what we paid for them. Collectively, those signings are slow, lacking in creativity and technical ability. The very qualities we needed to fill our squad with. The only one of those signings i'd consider making again in hindsight is Henderson, who I think has a lot of potential, and is technically a very good player (imo)

But to say we only spent 30m net and have improved and suggest we ought to be happy with that doesn't sit well with me at all.
    We got a ridiculous amount of money for Torres, and should have bought a minimum of 4/5 top quality players with that 100 million. We have come nowhere near that.

For that, serious questions need to be asked about either Comolli/Kenny or both. Only Henry & Co. will know who is more to blame. Someone at the club should be on a knife-edge at the moment. Someone at the club is no longer to be trusted with LFC's money.

Unfortunately, British players are valued at crazy prices these days.

Players like Barry, Milner, Carrick all went for similar prices.

The only way you get value out of these deals, is when the players stay at the club for 6/7 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

noodler wrote: »
    We need stabilisation and I would certainly back Rafa to get us into the top 4 before Kenny would.
    So would I, Rafa was the first manager to tap into the Spanish market and brought in quality like Alonso, Garcia, Reina, Torres, Arbeloa, Sissoko plus Agger and Mascherano for a relative pittance for what they delivered. Rafa is the one manager who truly got the best out of Gerrard whether it was centre mid, right mid or second striker he had him hitting 20 goals a season.
    If we had have given Rafa the backing Dalglish was given who knows what type of players we could have got. We would not have spent £60m on Carroll, Downing and Adam put it that way

It's also slightly worrying that we don't have a standard formation.

We seem to have a different set up for every game.

But I think patience and stability are important, and maybe we should reserve our judgements on Kenny until the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I think Rafa would be too divisive an appointment for the owners to even consider. IIRC, around 40%+ of our fanbase were in favour of sacking him two years ago, it's hard to come back from that.

I'm sure we will assess things at the end of the season, but I just cannot see how the owners could possibly sack Kenny. It would be PR suicide.

I can imagine a large majority of the fan base have softened towards him after been given a dose of reality of life without Rafa. Since he left it has also come to light the extent to which he had to deal with internal problems and his massive help towards other off field stuff. The youth system is now widely known to be in a much better place and it was him who overhauled it and personally made sure we captured some of the more promising players. I think it would be a lot less divisive than you think.

Opr

djPSB wrote: »
    It's also slightly worrying that we don't have a standard formation.

We seem to have a different set up for every game.

But I think patience and stability are important, and maybe we should reserve our judgements on Kenny until the end of the season.

Plus we are missing our two best outfield players with no adequate backup.

Still doesn't excuse the lack of effort fro the team yesterday mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

One really small positive from yesterday's lazy performance is that City put alot into today's game so we should be really fresh;)

DonalK1981 wrote: »
    That sale of Robbie Keane cost Liverpool the league title that season. I cannot ever get to grips with that piece of business, no cover for Torres that season when he got injured. Lack of goals saw a swing of 14 points to Utd, and we went from top to finish second.
    Are you on drugs or something? We sold Robbie Keane on February 1st for £16m.

After that sale our league record was:
    P 15, W 12, D 2, L 1, F 39, A 12, Pts 38. including winning 10 of the last 11 games. In that time we beat Man Utd 4-1 at Old Trafford, beat Villa 5-0 and beat Real Madrid 4-0 in the Champs League and 5-0 on aggregate. Now how did selling Keane cost us the league that season??

Absolute madness to suggest that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Id say now that 40% would be around 5%.

All the stuff hes done off field for the club has him loved!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

ricero wrote: »
    The way I see it is that were getting ahead of ourselves as usual with our expectations this season.it's nearly a completly new 11 within a year, our home form against the weaker teams has been poor as usual.the football we play is decent it's not like we play negative football. We just badly need a out and out goal scorer and a winger. A top 6 finish and a trophy is a good season in my eyes. 2 or 3 quality signings and we can push on next season for top 4

Good post. The forum needs more like you sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Dotsey wrote: »

P 15, W 12, D 2, L 1, F 39, A 12, Pts 38. including winning 10 of the last 11 games. In that time we beat Man Utd 4-1 at Old Trafford, beat Villa 5-0 and beat Real Madrid 4-0 in the Champs League and 5-0 on aggregate. Now how did selling Keane cost us the league that season??

Woah woah woah, no room for fact here my good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

opr wrote: »
    I can imagine a large majority of the fan base have softened towards him after been given a dose of reality of life without Rafa. Since he left it has also come to light the extent to which he had to deal with internal problems and his massive help towards other off field stuff. The youth system is now widely known to be in a much better place and it was him who overhauled it and personally made sure we captured some of the more promising players. I think it would be a lot less divisive than you think.

Opr

He is also known to be a bit of a control freak. Can you see him working with a director of football, which is clearly the system our owners want to operate under? I'd see a car-crash if Rafa and Comolli had to work together.

Where i'm coming from on this is - I wouldn't be totally against Rafa one day returning, although I called for him to leave at the time (He was losing the plot, I stand by that) I do sympathise with what he had to put up with and I think he did an excellent job overall.

But . . . I also believe in the DOF role, I think it is good to have someone thinking long term and looking after the club's overall vision separate to the manager. One of our problems at the moment is that we've blurred these two roles with Kenny/Comolli

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

can we stop posting videos of benitez?

i dont see the point...ive seen him crying over a hundred times
    ive seen the tribute to him over a 100 times

it doesnt change anything!

you dont leave your wife because times are tough and run back to your ex....

and soccer is waaaaaaay more important than marriage

He is also known to be a bit of a control freak. Can you see him working with a director of football, which is clearly the system our owners want to operate under? I'd see a car-crash if Rafa and Comolli had to work together.

Where i'm coming from on this is - I wouldn't be totally against Rafa one day returning, although I called for him to leave at the time (He was losing the plot, I stand by that) I do sympathise with what he had to put up with and I think he did an excellent job overall.

But . . . I also believe in the DOF role, I think it is good to have someone thinking long term and looking after the club's overall vision separate to the manager. One of our problems at the moment is that we've blurred these two roles with Kenny/Comolli
    You too would lose the plot if you had to deal with two owners that no longer spoke to each other and nobody would tell you what your transfer budget is and were losing targets as a result.

Also the then owners tried to sack Rafa and replace him with Jurgen Klinsmann in autumn 2007 after Rafa had reached two European cup finals in 3 years and won the FA Cup only to realise they would been lynched by the fans, from that point on all trust was lost between owners and management.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

How long is Spearing out for because we badly need him back.

Also just curious, does anyone think Lucas will be back before the end of the season? I've a feeling he could be back for the last few games. Good to hear he's back in Liverpool continuing him rehabilitation anyway.

Yeah I was merely talking from the fans POV. From the new owners perspective I find it very hard to see how they would ever appoint Rafa.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Huh??? I don't read football 365. Why have they posted something similar?:confused:

Maybe you write for them? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Ya he had 6 years and only delivered a Champions League. And brought us to second in the league.

Brought players like Alonso, Torres, Mascherano to the club.

Disaster.

Who said he was a disaster ?. He was a very good Liverpool manager, no question but Rafas last year or so were poor as was his follow up move to Inter. Would bringing him back solve our problems ?
    Kennys return was supposed to also solve our problems :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

If rafa is so good as a manager he wouldnt be sacked as quick as he did when he was with inter milan .
    For ever good thing he did , he did 2 stupid things at the same time , bad owners or not , he didnt have to go out and say to alonso we are selling you to get gareth barry and end up with alonso leaving and barry saying no so we spend 20 million plus for a injured player who never plays .
    He did grand for the first 3 years then he lost the plot ..
    Times are different now than back then , rafa back wont garuntee top 4 place with man city growing stronger and spurs doing fantastic ..
    I dont want to see rafa back ..ever again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

shangri la wrote: »
    he had a shocking game yesterday. i think we should buy cole or assou-ekotto this window.

I know he had a shocker yesterday, but in general he has been one of Liverpool's better players. He has been a success over all so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

If rafa is so good as a manager he wouldnt be sacked as quick as he did when he was with inter milan .
    For ever good thing he did , he did 2 stupid things at the same time , bad owners or not , he didnt have to go out and say to alonso we are selling you to get gareth barry and end up with alonso leaving and barry saying no so we spend 20 million plus for a injured player who never plays .
    He did grand for the first 3 years then he lost the plot ..
    Times are different now than back then , rafa back wont garuntee top 4 place with man city growing stronger and spurs doing fantastic ..
    I dont want to see rafa back ..ever again

Methinks you don't quite understand the situation that went on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Ya he had 6 years and only delivered a Champions League. And brought us to second in the league.

Brought players like Alonso, Torres, Mascherano to the club.

Disaster.

You cant live off a cup run 5 years previous, when he came into the job he had CL football and a few quid to spend, and in turn had that cherry to be able to lure the likes of those players who had ambition to play in the CL. I might also add that we never qualified for CL in Rafa's first year, we had the benefit of a rule change to be allowed to play the following year.

Rafa took us over at the opposite end of the scale, some cash plus CL. Kenny et al are now working from the opposite direction. Taking over a squad that is not in the CL, has been criminally under invested in for a team with ambition (no money invested for 3 years from summer 08 to Jan 11), had found itself with average (some would say sh1te) players on huge wages. Degen/Jovanovic/Konchesky/Poulsen etc etc. Its a big project to turn that around in 2 windows, the richest club in the world has taken the best part of 4 years to achieve things and find themselves out of the CL right now. LFC has invested 65-70 mil on players net since summer 08, thats the bigger picture, not a microscopic Kenny spent 100mil one. If we are going to be microscopic like that we have no right to even be in the same division as Chelsea or City, Chelsea have spent 140mil net in the last 12 months.

When people talk about investment, what they leave out is wages. Idiots are the only people who talk about Carroll and Aguero in the same breath with regard to spend for example, its a bit convenient to leave out the wages, a cool 30mil difference between those two players, god only knows what the edge is if you add up the whole squad.

Rafa is a good man, a nice man, great to the club to this day but as a new manager?. With regard to comparisons on purchases we can play that game all day long. Rafa spent on some great players, he also spent on sh1te. He bought Dossena, Kenny bought Enrique with the same money, no manager gets it right all the time. Rafa's time is gone. If Kenny turns out to be not up to the job he will be the first to throw in the towel and let the club move on, going back to Rafa isnt moving on for me. It would be time for a fresh approach.

We were told we had a long term plan, we have to have a bit of patience, mistakes will be made along the way. Football is funny, this time next week we could possibly be going to Wembley and have knocked Utd out of the cup. The point is, i dont think that outcome would fool anyone, think most know there is a hell of alot to do still. If these players thought any different then Kennys comments should rattle a few cages yesterday. Ive never heard Kenny like that, even the first time round, id say whatever we feel like after that performance yesterday, he feels a hell of alot more p1ssed off. Lets see what happens over the next week and judge the progress over a season, this week to week stuff would leave a man bald and sipping from the bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

I think Rafa went so far as to drive people out of the club that he didnt like. No way he would work in the current system
    Rafa was a good manager but it was a shame about political power struggles he got embroiled in, the owners not withstanding

Didi Hamann on Benitez: "I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary. I know that I only met one genius."

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

With all this talk about managers, I must admit I am hoping Real Madrid win La Liga, as I think Jose will quit as soon as he has won it. We all know he wants to come back to the Premier League, and with no positions likely to open up at City, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs anytime soon, we could land him. All wishful thinking of course, but I have a feeling there is a chance we could get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Benzino wrote: »
    With all this talk about managers, I must admit I am hoping Real Madrid win La Liga, as I think Jose will quit as soon as he has won it. We all know he wants to come back to the Premier League, and with no positions likely to open up at City, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs anytime soon, we could land him. All wishful thinking of course, but I have a feeling there is a chance we could get him.
    As a response to his European and domestic success, Mourinho was linked with several top European clubs, including Liverpool, Real Madrid, and Chelsea. Mourinho publicly stated his preference for the Liverpool job over the Chelsea one:
    Liverpool are a team that interests everyone and Chelsea does not interest me so much because it is a new project with lots of money invested in it. I think it is a project which, if the club fail to win everything, then [Roman] Abramovich could retire and take the money out of the club. It's an uncertain project. It is interesting for a coach to have the money to hire quality players but you never know if a project like this will bring success.[25]
    Liverpool offered their managerial position to Spanish coach Rafael Benítez and Mourinho instead accepted a large offer from Roman Abramovich and pledged his immediate future to Chelsea.[25]

He said this apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I read somewhere that the owners had a plan to go with a new young manager in the summer but with the results from january to may, had to give Kenny the job on a full time contract. I doubt that they would be looking to bring Rafa back.

oldfattoad Brian Reece
    David Texeira scored today for Groningen. Liverpool who follows him closely, had an emissary in that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭DonalK1981

The facts and the stats you have are correct, but the 3 draws in early Jan that year where Robbie was out of favour, is what lost it and allowed Utd to overturn what should have been unstoppable at Christmas. I remember Torres was injured and Keane was not given a run. Ngog was the only cover for Torres those few costly weeks, and I think had Keane gotten a run the draws might have been wins.

That sale coupled with the infamous FACT speech were two instances which would lead me to ask Rafa the same question you asked me at the start of your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Would rather bring Hodgson back than have Mourinho anywhere near Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Methinks you don't quite understand the situation that went on there.

I'm sorry but this comment can't go unchecked.

Methinks YOU don't quite understand the situation at Inter. I'd go as far as to say you have ZERO understanding of the situation at Inter. Rafa was a disaster at Inter. He was a figure of fun in Italy. The media couldn't stand him and the fans never warmed to him. The outlandish public demands he made of the Inter owner - a self-sacking - showed just how delusional a man he had become. It was cringeworthy. United fans had an absolute field day with it. It was like his batty Fergie rant all over again.
    He guided a treble-winning Inter side to 6th in Serie A at Christmas.
    Please don't try to make excuses for his failure at Inter as you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

LFC is in a shocking mess. The state of play right now shows just how bad the legacy of failure from Hicks & Gillette (and Rafa Benitez) has been. Roy Hodgson was just a blip. He had nothing to do with our current predicament. Kenny has a lot of work to do. We've got the right owners and the right manager. Let's just get on with the job and less of this garbage about Rafa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd much rather give a young up and coming coach time to settle and get it right then bring in some top rated older head coach. I'd vomit if I had to deal with Mournihos BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭joe123

tok9 wrote: »
    How long is Spearing out for because we badly need him back.

Also just curious, does anyone think Lucas will be back before the end of the season? I've a feeling he could be back for the last few games. Good to hear he's back in Liverpool continuing him rehabilitation anyway.

Not a chance Lucas will be back. It's one of the worst injuries you can get and one of the biggest mistakes players have made was coming back from it too early. Essien had surgery on his in the summer and is only now making sub appearances again.

Lucas won't be back until August.

JenChang88 Jen Chang
    Note Groningen coach Huistra said other day that it's just rumors about Texeira until LFC actually makes official contact with the club

• Advertisement

I think we should give Kenny another season or two.

But IF he was to be replaced, these are the main contenders:

Next Liverpool Manager Odds – Correct from 20/01/2012
    2/1 – Martin O’Neill
    5/1 – Jose Mourinho
    7/1 – Owen Coyle
    8/1 – Jamie Carragher
    10/1 – Guus Hiddink
    10/1 – Roberto Martinez
    14/1 – Rafa Benitez
    14/1 – Mark Hughes

ASOT wrote: »
    He said this apparently.

I recall there been reports that he liked Liverpool and was interested in managing us someday, but didn't think much of it. I think he wants the Utd job now though, but I can't see that position been opened anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

joe123 wrote: »
    Not a chance Lucas will be back. It's one of the worst injuries you can get and one of the biggest mistakes players have made was coming back from it too early. Essien had surgery on his in the summer and is only now making sub appearances again.

Lucas won't be back until August.

He won't make the start of next season either .

If all goes to plan I would say around Oct .

So getting back match fitness etc I hope with get our old Lucas back wrapped in a bow around Christmas time .

Cazale wrote: »

Would you really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm sorry but this comment can't go unchecked.

Methinks YOU don't quite understand the situation at Inter. I'd go as far as to say you have ZERO understanding of the situation at Inter. Rafa was a disaster at Inter. He was a figure of fun in Italy. The media couldn't stand him and the fans never warmed to him. The outlandish public demands he made of the Inter owner - a self-sacking - showed just how delusional a man he had become. It was cringeworthy. United fans had an absolute field day with it. It was like his batty Fergie rant all over again.
    He guided a treble-winning Inter side to 6th in Serie A at Christmas.
    Please don't try to make excuses for his failure at Inter as you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Oh no, I understand entirely. The man inherited a squad with an average age of about 30. He asked the owner if he could have funds for one or two players that could improve the team and got nothing. The only two additions to the squad were two young players that had returned from loan. Lets not forget, Benitez also won two trophies in his short tenure.

You can, nay will write them off as mickey mouse cups but he still had to win them. Rafa also got Eto'o back to his predatory self, 16 goals in the league by the time Rafa left. He also had to deal with a significant injury crisis. At one point Inter had Sneijder, Cambiasso, Maicon, Milito as well as others missing.

You talk about how the media couldn't stand him... boo fcuking hoo. Who gives a rats ass about the media? I, like many other people that enjoy the game from the outside looking in despise the power that the media have and could careless about them. United fans had a field day? Who the hell cares what they have to say? Got a ribbing from your friends about it? Grow thicker skin.

And that last bit? Just goes to show what you know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Cazale wrote: »

Lol wut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I recall there been reports that he liked Liverpool and was interested in managing us someday, but didn't think much of it. I think he wants the Utd job now though, but I can't see that position been opened anytime soon.

He'll have to wait 3 years for that. I reckon there's a possibility he could come here it'd be a massive project for his ego. There was a time that i would've hated to see him at LFC but it's at the stage now where i'm tired of the same old dissapointing rubbish being served up season after season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The facts and the stats you have are correct, but the 3 draws in early Jan that year where Robbie was out of favour, is what lost it and allowed Utd to overturn what should have been unstoppable at Christmas. I remember Torres was injured and Keane was not given a run. Ngog was the only cover for Torres those few costly weeks, and I think had Keane gotten a run the draws might have been wins.

That sale coupled with the infamous FACT speech were two instances which would lead me to ask Rafa the same question you asked me at the start of your post.

Didnt keane start against west ham and stoke both at home, both nil nils and both games he was ****e, what makes you think he would have made any difference, as for your second point its so ****en bonkers i wouldnt even debate it with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Woah woah woah, no room for fact here my good man.

There were numerous games from December onwards when we didn't play Keane even though Torres was injured.

Rafa's use of Keane certainly played a part in us not winning the league imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

noodler wrote: »
    There were numerous games from December onwards when we didn't play Keane even though Torres was injured.

Rafa's use of Keane certainly played a part in us not winning the league imo.

I can't stand Robbie Keane but he was given a raw deal. Rafa used him as a pawn in a power struggle with Parry which was disrespectful to the player and the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Well said. I'm still emotionally traumatized by our capitulation to United...caused 100% by Rafa's pigheadedness. If I ever met him, I'd give him my own FACT speech punctuated by violent thumps to the face.

He left our club in utter chaos. By the end of it he was a laughing-stock...guaranteeing a top 4 finish, only to end up 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

opr wrote: »
    Didi Hamann on Benitez: "I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary. I know that I only met one genius."

Opr

When did he meet Fergie :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Well said. I'm still emotionally traumatized by our capitulation to United...caused 100% by Rafa's pigheadedness. If I ever met him, I'd give him my own FACT speech punctuated by violent thumps to the face.

He left our club in utter chaos. By the end of it he was a laughing-stock...guaranteeing a top 4 finish, only to end up 7th.

I hope you have a bowl underneath your chin to catch all that drool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Gerard houllier won more trophies than rafa and spent the same time he did at lfc..

Dont see anyone wanting him back :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Utd won something like 19 games out of 21 or something, we had the highest 2nd place points total it was hardly a ****en capitulation. Fans like you wreck my ****en head.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement