Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

rossie1977 wrote: »
    oh sweet mother of divine, the man has won 4 league titles as manager

I know he did, but how long can he afford to be in charge of a team, who looses matches like this one tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

kop77 wrote: »
    And thats not Kenny's fault because...............
    I think hes trying to say Kenny for Player/manager role alongside suarez and Carroll :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,021 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Paully D wrote: »
    543338339.jpg?key=800600&Expires=1332368270&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=HN1EexEysOeudgLstY7~HhOXUWbw3BFFiEtTMgtXEEVaWxn2HuP5x8CuRn12KEab1H4HGxhkQcEYMEKiIPKufc08HtWIK1a4d1ncXOhti1P~gvki8gh5WoDEbaSOJY5kP1RDP33lzEpkqxCCyNsNgZ~UseXir~D9AxFZdwwPauo_

So disgusted was he, that he resorted to scribbling on his face with markers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

kop77 wrote: »
    And thats not Kenny's fault because...............
    i,m off to look at game on foot ball first, see what went wrong, i never saw game

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

argosy2006 wrote: »
    2 wins in ten
    Worse than bolton ,

So you agree then...... Kenny out! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

tibor wrote: »
    @AnfieldCat
    Anyone in Liverpool want to take me for a walk? Get some practice holding onto a lead?

What kind of header walks a cat on a lead? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

argosy2006 wrote: »
    i,m off to look at game on foot ball first, see what went wrong, i never saw game

& I'm outta here,.... need to cool off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The-Rigger wrote: »

Who walks a cat anyway??

If this fourm was a actual place people would be trashing it by now out of sheer frustration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Jeez i hope we can start next season in better form than this, this is real relegation form now, but I hold on to hope kenny can turn it around.
    We still have our first cup in 6 years, and chance to make it 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I might be the only one here who really doesn't give a crap how much of a legend he is in relation to the job at hand. There is too much sentiment within this club and it's fans.

You aren't the only one.

I thought it was bad idea bring the man our of retirement for this after he hadn't had a job for so many years but, after initially stabilising things, I never thought things would get this bad in just one short year later.

And thats ignoring the off-field stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

It's been a truly dreadful season, and the cup runs do not mask that. We are barely even putting in a challenge for 6th and are a worse team than last year, despite the spend. 5 points behind Newcastle, and just 3 above newly promoted Swansea, with just a few games to go.

Makes stuff like this hard to take from Kenny:
    “The players here have done fantastically well and if anyone is going to come in they will have to be a hell of a player to do better than what they have done.

“These boys are in pole position, they are sitting there comfortable, none of them can be disappointed with what they have contributed this season."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

jIoM.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What a result. It came with the same sickening feeling that quite a few supporters of other teams must have felt when their teams lost similar leads against Liverpool.

The way results are panning out it is just as well we have a Europa slot got through the cup. Five points behind sixth place now with Swansea only three points behind us.

I think any kind of decent finish in the league is beyond us now, and it looks like being three seasons in a row where even a top five finish is beyond us. We are getting a little too used to finishing outside the top five let alone getting a top four spot.

Still think we are going to win the FA cup though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why does Kenny drop Carroll everything he has a good game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

QPR werent up to much....the defence decided to take it easy and QPR scored 3 very soft goals....3 errors and thats that.

I know the frustration is there, and i can see why, but Kenny will be here next season unless he decides to leave, and i just dont see it happening.

After yet another poor display i dont know what needs to be done to get us into CL again. New manager and new signings is probably the only answer. KD signings havent paid off and ultimately they needed to shine this year for CL Qualification....we just never put a decent run of wins together and now the season is over for us bar the FA cup.

Dissapointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

ASOT wrote: »
    jIoM.png
    The only other player who could rival Coates goal tonight:pac:

Why does Kenny drop Carroll everything he has a good game?

Had he a good game v Stoke? Was ordainary imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Looking at the goals again, Pepe really could have done better. Its been his worst season for Liverpool imho:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Was at the Atleti vs Athletic Bilbao game so missed the match tonight...

Glad I did seemingly...

Although at least it wasn't another frustrating draw, at least there were some goals and a bit of excitement! Is that any consolation...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Still wouldn't swap LFC for anything in this world.

When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high....

Am i mad to say that Doni should be given a run in the remaining league games to light a fire under Reinas ass ???

Reina may be too comfortable too long in his position and just needs a bit of a kick :D

Am i mad to say that Doni should be given a run in the remaining league games to light a fire under Reinas ass ???

Reina may be too comfortable too long in his position and just needs a bit of a kick :D

Pepe's form is the least of the problems on the pitch this season. At times he may not have reached the high standards that he has set for himself, but he has still been a quality performer more often than not this season.

The sad thing is that if we drop another place or two in the league it will only serve to make the next manager's job some what easier, they may only have to improve on a 7th or 8th place finish so a 5th place finish will be seen as 'a big improvement' in many people's eyes.

I still think we have the bones of a decent team with a few key ins and outs, I don't think improving on our league position will be difficult for a top manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

:D Needed that!

Might as well resign ourselves to a mid table finish now and a Cup win, Sounness days.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Pepe Reina is the last player I would blame for the loss tonight. I mean Enrique fell over for the last goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ush wrote: »
    Still wouldn't swap LFC for anything in this world.

When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high....

But when you win a trophy complain like f*ck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

Just watched post-match interview with KD on LFCTV, uncomfortable stuff. He corrected the interviewer when he said that they had been great for an hour, saying 'I think it was longer than an hour'....he is clutching at straws.
    'We don't really have an explanation' . Shrugging his shoulders. KD is the past not the future....my big regret is that we wasted so much money..

Kess73 wrote: »
    Pepe's form is the least of the problems on the pitch this season. At times he may not have reached the high standards that he has set for himself, but he has still been a quality performer more often than not this season.
    yeah your right, would like to see Doni get some league games in anyway, it wont do any harm .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Enrique has been terrible for the past couple of months people calling him" buy of the season at one stage" try's to play the ball too much and his crossing is shocking but he zero competition for his place like a lot of players on that team

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Should have been more than 2 ahead, but no excusing the defending - shambolic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Pepe Reina is the last player I would blame for the loss tonight. I mean Enrique fell over for the last goal.

And Skrtel ducked.

Bizarre **** really. I didn't think we looked much better than any of the other games this season where we've had 15-20 "chances". Alot of headless chicken stuff. You can tolerate being a bit sluggish the odd time and needing a set piece to bail you out but we're constantly in that situation.

We had the luck we were lacking in alot of games this season - scoring from a set piece and a shot off the post ultimately resulting in a goal. Then we slapped lady luck in the face and went to sleep once we went 2 goals up.

QPR are terrible. I hope they get relegated.
    They might just have bought enough goals in January. Their midfield and defence are proper rubbish though.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    But when you win a trophy complain like f*ck?

We could win two trophies this season! :D

Context is that we're simply not competitive enough in the PL. PL performance and eventual CL qualification is all that matters. The domestic cups are irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Straw poll for you lads...

If (and yes, I'm saying "if") we win the FA Cup, how far down the league do we have to finish before it's considered a bad season? Or are two cup wins enough to consider it a good season, irrespective of finishing say mid-table? Just curious.

So domestic cups are now irrelevent.

We should just withdraw from them next season so.

5th

Enrique has been terrible for the past couple of months people calling him" buy of the season at one stage" try's to play the ball too much and his crossing is shocking but he zero competition for his place like a lot of players on that team

Is there a case for switching GJ over and having Kelly start?

rarnes1 wrote: »

We should just withdraw from the next season so.

Europa could be a millstone too tbh.

If (and yes, I'm saying "if") we win the FA Cup, how far down the league do we have to finish before it's considered a bad season? Or are two cup wins enough to consider it a good season, irrespective of finishing say mid-table? Just curious.

Clutching at straw polls again I see....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Cups are great but you judge progression by your league placings and as shanks said its your bread and butter and it's depressing that were 28 points behind a poor utd team after 29 games very depressing

• Advertisement

They shouldn't have become the priority that they've become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that was one fúcking monumental embarrassment.

Europa could be a millstone too tbh.

Thought you wrote "milestone" there for a second. Yes, the ultimate booby prize if you're trying to get back into top four territory.

yeah your right, would like to see Doni get some league games in anyway, it wont do any harm .

It might well do harm if Doni was given games just for the sake of it. Reina is the kind of player we want to keep happy rather than do anything that could make the decision to leave easier.

Kess73 wrote: »
    It might well do harm if Doni was given games just for the sake of it. Reina is the kind of player we want to keep happy rather than do anything that could make the decision to leave easier.

They don't even play in the same position Kess.

A 7th place finish would be enough for me to call it a bad league season. Now I would love to win both cups, and doing so would take a little of the sting out of the league performance, but 7th place was enough to get Rafa sacked.

It may be a cliche but the league table does not lie. We have a lot of players who are being paid far more than their performances warrant, and I don't think I would like to see how our first team squad's wage total against points earned compares with the same at Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle and maybe even United.

They don't even play in the same position Kess.

True. Reina is a CM man whilst Doni is a winger.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

monkey9 wrote: »
    We're mathematically out of the title race now!! :(

This is actually some good news.

Does anyone know the last time Liverpool managed to **** up a 2 goal lead and lose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

They are not irrelevant. If we were winning a cup while also showing progress in the league - great. But winning a cup does not paper over the significant cracks. That was my point.

*We have not moved forward as a team this year - you could argue we are worse.
    *Our signings have not worked - we still need to strengthen upfront, on the wings and in central midfield, despite spending big on those areas.
    *Our £35m striker is no more than a sub, brought on in the last few minutes of games.
    *We have no clinical striker - in fact, we have no player in the top 25 goal scorers in the league.
    *We have failed to put any sort of run together, despite the fact that we are approaching the end of the season and have won just two of our last 12 league games. In fact, we have had just 1 win, 1 draw and 4 losses in our last 6 league games. Exactly the same form as Bolton and Wolves, and worse off than Wigan.
    *Kenny has shown no signs of being able to address the problems in the team. The problems that existed on day 1 still exist today.
    *And the biggest problem of all, we are not in challenging for the 4th spot, which was our main target this year.

I don't think any of the above points are being overly negative - I think they are fair observations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

just vomitted everywhere after watching motd, the suarez booing is beyond old

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement