Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

The stats after Rafa's mental 'implosion' don't really support such an idiotic statement.

'Rafa's cracking up' being sang at Old Trafford as we tore em a new arsehole and won 4-1 must've been something of an anomaly to the ****wits in the crowd. However it appears their delusion spread to some amongst our own fanbase. Pathetic.

All this after beating Real 5-0 in the CL quarter final. Cracking up indeed.

I tell you, if that's 'cracking up', I'd quite like our managers since to have 'mentally imploded'.

manual_man wrote: »
    Well perhaps a bit ott... but the sentiment is understood. Some people will go on defending Rafa to the hilt, but i never enjoyed his time in charge. His using the club to put a European title on his c.v. at the expense of the league frankly disgusted me

You never enjoyed Rafa's time in charge?

Seriously?!

Barca at the Nou Camp? Reina? Real in Madrid? Inter? Chelsea (many times)? Juve at Anfield? Getting to Athens? Torres? Istanbul? Cardiff? Him sitting down for the penos so the fans behind could see? Mascherano? Him going to the boozer with the away lads at Leverkusen? Alonso? 4-1 against Utd? Being the top ranked club in Europe? Our best ever PL season only 12 months before he left?

I pity you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chessplayer said the same thing yesterday. Hmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Well perhaps a bit ott... but the sentiment is understood. Some people will go on defending Rafa to the hilt, but i never enjoyed his time in charge. His using the club to put a European title on his c.v. at the expense of the league frankly disgusted me

Sweet mother of Jésus

Rafa is a Liverpool man through & through.

He 'gets' the club and the city a hell of a lot more than the majority of fools who seemingly take pleasure in abusing & slating our best manager of the modern era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mr Alan wrote: »
    The stats after Rafa's mental 'implosion' don't really support such an idiotic statement.

'Rafa's cracking up' being sang at Old Trafford as we tore em a new arsehole and won 4-1 must've been something of an anomaly to the ****wits in the crowd. However it appears their delusion spread to some amongst our own fanbase. Pathetic.

All this after beating Real 5-0 in the CL quarter final. Cracking up indeed.

I tell you, if that's 'cracking up', I'd quite like our managers since to have 'mentally imploded'.

We finished with no silverware that season, or do you forget that? Nobody remembers second place. The rant was the start of the demise under Rafa's tenure, only a fool can fail to see that

I don't give a **** if we finished with no silverware. We were competing for silverware, that's what we wanted. It's what we'd give our left bollock for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Another glorious day to be a Liverpool F.C fan comrades.

You never enjoyed Rafa's time in charge?

Seriously?!

Barca at the Nou Camp? Reina? Real in Madrid? Inter? Chelsea (many times)? Juve at Anfield? Getting to Athens? Torres? Istanbul? Cardiff? Him sitting down for the penos so the fans behind could see? Mascherano? Him going to the boozer with the away lads at Leverkusen? Alonso? 4-1 against Utd? Being the top ranked club in Europe? Our best ever PL season only 12 months before he left?

I pity you.

What i meant is i felt uneasy. Of course i enjoyed the European nights, but always with a massive pinch of salt. The cornerstone for future success of any club is built on domestic league success, and i still stand by my conviction that Rafa used the club to put a European title on his c.v. first, with the league an afterthought. Ultimately he left with our dreams of a first league title in over twenty years no closer than to when he took over. Not good enough

• Advertisement

I better go before I get a ban :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

That's probably an even stupider comment than the original one quoted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

We should have news sometime soon on the transfer of David Texeira to Liverpool according to sources on the twitter machine.

Perhaps a few new signings might focus our attention on 2012 instead of 2008.

Take it as you will. Everyone knew Rafa's agenda well, he didn't exactly try to hide it. Well done to him, he won two European cups, fair play like, can't take that away from him, felt so proud as a Liverpool fan watching him put out a different 11 every week in the league obviously not giving a sh1t about it, so proud i was...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Would be quite happy if our current manager or another manager decided to use us to put another league title onto their cv tbh, and I would be happy to let him use us some more if he wanted to add a second title or another CL. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

We've got a new entery in at number 1... :pac:
    Take it as you will. Everyone knew Rafa's agenda well, he didn't exactly try to hide it. Well done to him, he won two European cups, fair play like, can't take that away from him, felt so proud as a Liverpool fan watching him put out a different 11 every week in the league obviously not giving a sh1t about it, so proud i was...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Balotelli has been charged, he has until Wed 6pm to appeal, if he appeals he is ok to play obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

We should have news sometime soon on the transfer of David Texeira to Liverpool according to sources on the twitter machine.

Perhaps a few new signings might focus our attention on 2012 instead of 2008.

Well if 2008 stays in vogue in this thread, I'm gonna crack out the Alonso pics again. :D

You would almost think that there was no second leg of a semi final in the next 48 hours or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

For the record i loved Rafas time at the club. I never wanted him gone and if the King retires in a few years there isnt another manager in world football id have before him. Utter legend he was.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

daithijjj wrote: »
    Balotelli has been charged, he has until Wed 6pm to appeal, if he appeals he is ok to play obviously.

It would be a pointless appeal really, other than to have him available for Wednesday. He hasn't done well against us so far, but I'd rather he wasn't playing really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Kess73 wrote: »
    Well if 2008 stays in vogue in this thread, I'm gonna crack out the Alonso pics again. :D

You would almost think that there was no second leg of a semi final in the next 48 hours or so.

If we won the Carling Cup and finished 6th in the league, would you consider that a good year?

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »

Would be quite happy if our current manager or another manager decided to use us to put another league title onto their cv tbh, and I would be happy to let him use us some more if he wanted to add a second title or another CL. :D

Damn right! Sustained success!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

5starpool wrote: »
    It would be a pointless appeal really, other than to have him available for Wednesday. He hasn't done well against us so far, but I'd rather he wasn't playing really.

Believe i read from one of the independent lawyers that commented on Suarez case that more than 99% of appeals do not get overturned. But lets not go there :pac: (i really would like to though).

I was hoping he would play to be honest, 3 times he has played us. A subbed sub, sent off and something else useless that i cant think of right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

What a w@nker Rafa was in fairness.

Using us to win the CL. Pfft. Thank fook he's not welcome in Liverpool these days...

daithijjj wrote: »
    Believe i read from one of the independent lawyers that commented on Suarez case that more than 99% of appeals do not get overturned. But lets not go there :pac: (i really would like to though).

I was hoping he would play to be honest, 3 times he has played us. A subbed sub, sent off and something else useless that i cant think of right now.

Taken off before he got himself sent off. He's yet to finish a match against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

If we won the Carling Cup and finished 6th in the league, would you consider that a good year?

I'd consider it a good start.

What a w@nker Rafa was in fairness.

Using us to win the CL. Pfft. Thank fook he's not welcome in Liverpool these days...

Unfortunately posts like that show how some people are not able to see things for how they clearly were. You have to make everything always Black and White. Instant success does not = prolongued success. And as a supporter, the latter is far more important to me. And thankfully, this is how the new owners and Kenny are looking at things (not that you'd know it from some of the fans ridiculous over reactions lately to what is a year in transition)

Unfortunately posts like that show how some people are not able to see things for how they clearly were. You have to make everything always Black and White. Instant success does not = prolongued success. And as a supporter, the latter is far more important to me. And thankfully, this is how the new owners and Kenny are looking at things (not that you'd know it from some of the fans ridiculous over reactions lately to what is a year in transition)

I'm sorry, but Rafa's tenure overall was very successful. The other top 4 challengers were FAR stronger than they are now, yet we competed with them. We managed our best league finish in donkeys years, consistently in CL semi finals, won it once, got to the final a second time, and won an F.A. Cup.

He turned Liverpool from being Premiership mediocrity, into a European powerhouse again.

That IS seeing it for what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I don't give a **** if we finished with no silverware. We were competing for silverware, that's what we wanted. It's what we'd give our left bollock for now.

.....and right one aswell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

mixednuts wrote: »
    .....and right one aswell ;)

Ah bollocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

amiable wrote: »
    Amazing scenes in Southwark this morning as Harry Redknapp drives his car into the courtroom and begins giving evidence through the window.

LOL!! Absolutely brilliant!! :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Someone please tell me I dreamt the last 2 pages of this thread ?

Mother of Sweet Devine Jesus please tell me I'm having some sort of a break down and totally read those ridiculous posts incorrectly .

I know I'm guilty of posting some crap (mostly when pissed ;) ) but some fooking idiots on here would wanna look at themselves closely as so called "fans" .

www.****ingbizarrest****ihaveeverread.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

What i meant is i felt uneasy. Of course i enjoyed the European nights, but always with a massive pinch of salt. The cornerstone for future success of any club is built on domestic league success, and i still stand by my conviction that Rafa used the club to put a European title on his c.v. first, with the league an afterthought. Ultimately he left with our dreams of a first league title in over twenty years no closer than to when he took over. Not good enough

Yeah, hate people who make things black and white, not like you at all, I mean look at your measured post above.

I hate fans who under estimate how important big European nights are, take them with a pinch of salt like you, FFS they were a big part in attracting Torres, Mascherano, Reina and they will be again.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I'm sorry, but Rafa's tenure overall was very successful. The other top 4 challengers were FAR stronger than they are now, yet we competed with them. We managed our best league finish in donkeys years, consistently in CL semi finals, won it once, got to the final a second time, and won an F.A. Cup.

He turned Liverpool from being Premiership mediocrity, into a European powerhouse again.

That IS seeing it for what it is.

Absolute nonsense. Rafa left the club in an absolute mess. Feel free to ignore that if you like. Oh and he pushed our best passer of the ball for the last 20 years out the door. Rafa's reign was utterly chaotic, without any cohesion or structure. Yes there was moments to savour, no doubt, but like i said before it is much more important for me to have a solid structure in place geared towards sustained success, rather than one consisted of bits and pieces that provide temporary glory, but nothing going forward. Impatience is a vice too commonly indulged in by some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Absolute nonsense. Rafa left the club in an absolute mess. Feel free to ignore that if you like. Oh and he pushed our best passer of the ball for the last 20 years out the door. Rafa's reign was utterly chaotic, without any cohesion or structure. Yes there was moments to savour, no doubt, but like i said before it is much more important for me to have a solid structure in place geared towards sustained success, rather than one consisted of bits and pieces that provide temporary glory, but nothing going forward. Impatience is a vice too commonly indulged in by some

Who was it who brought in him in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Impatience is a vice too commonly indulged in by some

WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The chatter does seem to be firming up things a bit. Wonder if Kuyt might be going in the other direction, or is that too obvious?

What with Coates you'd wonder if its Comolli or Suarez who's the DOF at Liverpool. One assumes Luis knows a bit about him from the national squads mixing.

djPSB wrote: »
    WTF?

I remember when I was hooked on impatience.

Took me years to get off the sh1t

monkey9 wrote: »

Who was it who brought in him in the first place?

The same one who brought in Igor Biscan, Djimi Traore, Josemi, blah blah blah

If you want to get into a debate about every single transfer, go ahead. I'm not a*sed. I simply stated he pushed Alonso out the door, which he did. It was disgraceful how Xabi was treated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

Did Rafa not overhall the Academy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The main reason the club was in the **** was the owners and off field stuff. Our spending was also much less during the last season or two.

Rafa wasn't perfect but you are doing him a disservice. On Alonso, are you forgetting he also brought him to the club? And for just £10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

H&G left the club in a mess. They are why there was nothing going forward, the club had no cohesion or structure.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

http://www.fcgroningen.nl/home/fcg-tv/

Go to 3 mins 10 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

Rafa was operating under a "sell to buy" policy, dont forget that!

Seriously people. Why are yee bothering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ah here..

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »

The main reason the club was in the **** was the owners and off field stuff. Our spending was also much less during the last season or two.

Rafa wasn't perfect but you are doing him a disservice. On Alonso, are you forgetting he also brought him to the club? And for just £10m.

That's rubbish. A percentage used the off-field goings on as an excuse to stay in denial. Owners and off the field stuff? I'll give you owners and off the field stuff. The bloody Glaziers. Absolute unrest 'off the field' at United for what seemed like forever, and how did it affect them? Oh right, another few league titles, throw in another European Cup for good measure... Christ, i swear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Rafa had the ability to put shíte players into an effective system.

Winning a CL with players like Traore is some achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

New shiny thread, same ol shíte ruining it :D Has the Rafa debate not been done to death lads?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Makes a change from the Andy Carroll discussion anyhow. Ah memories. Net spend next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Rafa benitez won the champions league with a ****e team,he won the fa cup with a slightly better team so I would gladly take rafa back and see what he could do with the likes of downing and andy carroll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i887XbC8Hw

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement